Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pat Flaherty Hired as new Offensive Line Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Jacksonville Jaguars ‏@<b>Jaguars</b> 12m12 minutes ago

#<b>Jaguars</b>[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png] name two-time Super Bowl champion, Pat Flaherty as offensive line coach.

Worked with Coughlin his entire tenure in New York.

Was with Coughlin for 11 years in NY, spent last year with the 49ers.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...e652ce0550

Yep seems like a Coughlin hire. Was OLine coach with the giants from 2004-2015
Yippee.
Love it

awesome

Quote:Love it

Why?
bringing in SB wining coaches
Flaherty won 2 SB with the Giants, De Camillis won a SB with Den last year.  Good to see bringing in Championship coaches

Are we going to continue to run the zone blocking scheme? Will there be any changes to the scheme? 

In his ten years with the Giants, they were top 10 in rushing 5 of the ten years, and top 10 in fewest sacks allowed 5 of the ten years. Not mind-blowing numbers, but I'll trust Coughlin and Marrone's expertise here.

Let's keep em coming.
Quote:In his ten years with the Giants, they were top 10 in rushing 5 of the ten years, and top 10 in fewest sacks allowed 5 of the ten years. Not mind-blowing numbers, but I'll trust Coughlin and Marrone's expertise here.

Let's keep em coming.

Being top ten for both those categories in five of ten years is pretty impressive.
Quote:Are we going to continue to run the zone blocking scheme? Will there be any changes to the scheme? 

Flaherty is big proponent of zone blocking, so I doubt that goes away.
Beautiful. That Giants Oline for those superbowl runs were the real deal and an underrated part of their team.
On a side note, I really hope Marrone is on board with these hires. So far we know Coughlin has blocked Donny Henderson, who Marrone wanted as DBs coach and apparently Marrone was looking at Danny Crossman as our special teams coach, though we obviously hired DeCamillis.

These seem like pretty good hires on the surface, but if the head coach isn't in favor of them it could potentially lead to some disfunction down the road.

Quote:On a side note, I really hope Marrone is on board with these hires. So far we know Coughlin has blocked Donny Henderson, who Marrone wanted as DBs coach and apparently Marrone was looking at Danny Crossman as our special teams coach, though we obviously hired DeCamillis.

These seem like pretty good hires on the surface, but if the head coach isn't in favor of them it could potentially lead to some disfunction down the road.
The man on the sideline should be the one in charge of putting the ingredients in his signature dish not the guy in the booth. This is a recipe for disaster, or maybe its TC plan so when Marrone gets fired he has the coaches in place he wants. Hope it works out. 
Any news on Hackett?
Quote:Any news on Hackett?
I think we are waiting to see if we can find anyone better. If not they go with Hackett
Quote:On a side note, I really hope Marrone is on board with these hires. So far we know Coughlin has blocked Donny Henderson, who Marrone wanted as DBs coach and apparently Marrone was looking at Danny Crossman as our special teams coach, though we obviously hired DeCamillis.

The guys hired might not be the #1 guys on Marrone list but I'd be surprised if he didn't at least give them the okay before hiring.
Quote:On a side note, I really hope Marrone is on board with these hires. 
Marrone seems tough enough to get his word in there and demand approval. 

It's his coaching staff.  I can't imagine he'd let TC steamroll  him on the selection of it. 
Pages: 1 2 3