Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Might Caldwell consider trading Joekel.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It just made me wonder when I heard Caldwell say that the only offensive starters he knew for sure would be on this year's roster would be Marcedes Lewis, Cecil Shorts III and Will Tu'ofu'ou ("Will T"). By not mentioning Joekel, I'm wondering if Caldwell may have had thought about possibly of trading Joekel if a lucrative enough offer presents itself.

Or else I'm reading between the lines far too much. <strong>It's beyond the trade deadline so it's not like this could still happen...at least until March.
</strong>

As a reference, I'm talking about what Caldwell says at about the 3 min mark...
http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...84687c43e8

Bortles to be cut! You heard it here first!
That is surprising. Reasons given for our inability to run included losing Greg Jones, so I thought Will Ta'ufo'ou (correct spelling) must not be as good at blocking. I think Clay Harbor is getting better at catching passes than Marcedes Lewis now and tight end is a need in the 2015 draft.

Saying he did not know for sure who else on offense would keep his job this season sounds like everybody was subject to the preseason cutdown, not being traded.

Quote:Bortles to be cut! You heard it here first!

Thank God he wasn't. He is the first true franchise quarterback we drafted.

David Caldwell talked about knowing there was a chance our offense would get younger, but said he was not expecting four rookies to be starters.
I'm going to say you are reading way too much into this.

I would be amazed if he did. Joeckel gets alot of unnecessary and unwarranted flack on here. I think he's done fine. I dont think having Beadles has helped him particulary (nor having a TE that can help block). The line has improved massively and Joeckel, Bowanko and especially Linder have all done well.

Quote:It just made me wonder when I heard Caldwell say that the only offensive starters he knew for sure would be on this year's roster would be Marcedes Lewis, Cecil Shorts III and Will Tu'ofu'ou ("Will T"). By not mentioning Joekel, I'm wondering if Caldwell may have had thought about possibly of trading Joekel if a lucrative enough offer presents itself.

Or else I'm reading between the lines far too much. <strong>It's beyond the trade deadline so it's not like this could still happen...at least until March.
</strong>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Caldwell-Its-very-important-to-stay-patient/18bfc327-65e9-4735-acae-6a84687c43e8'>http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Caldwell-Its-very-important-to-stay-patient/18bfc327-65e9-4735-acae-6a84687c43e8</a>

I'm sure he'd listen to offers on almost anybody. Doesn't mean he'd actively look to trade him but if the price is right...? As far as uncertainty with him being on the roster, Joekel was coming back from an injury so you can never know for sure how a player will respond.
Quote:It just made me wonder when I heard Caldwell say that the only offensive starters he knew for sure would be on this year's roster would be Marcedes Lewis, Cecil Shorts III and Will Tu'ofu'ou ("Will T"). By not mentioning Joekel, I'm wondering if Caldwell may have had thought about possibly of trading Joekel if a lucrative enough offer presents itself.

</strong>

From listening to the video, I think he was referring to veteran players, not rookies or second year players.  Of course, they didn't record the question, just the answer.   But notice that throughout the answer he gave, he mentions veteran players only: Uche, Mojo, Rackley, etc. 

I think the question may have been about which veteran players would remain on offense. 

Read this.   This is the article about the press conference in the video.   He was talking about whether he knew we would be playing so many rookies and second year guys. 

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...c4c1679ece

He wasn't talking about ALL offensive starters.   He was talking about VETERAN players who would still be on the offense.   He didn't mention Joeckel because the question was about the older players. 

Or else I'm reading between the lines far too much. <strong>It's beyond the trade deadline so it's not like this could still happen...at least until March. </strong>

Luke hasn't shown himself to be good enough at this point for it to make sense.  And what would the answer be if he did?  Luke is part of our building the team through the draft.  He hasn't been great but he's been playing better the past few weeks.  What's the point of finding a guy in the draft only to trade him in his second year after only playing in a handful of games?
Quote:I'm going to say you are reading way too much into this.
This^^^
Personally, I don't really see much trade value in Joekel so keeping him (possibly at RT) is most likely better than getting a 4th round pick (if that).  Thus far, he was out for a season and already has an injury this season and has proved to be an average OT (with potential).

Quote:From listening to the video, I think he was referring to veteran players, not rookies or second year players. Of course, they didn't record the question, just the answer. But notice that throughout the answer he gave, he mentions veteran players only: Uche, Mojo, Rackley, etc.

I think the question may have been about which veteran players would remain on offense.

Read this. This is the article about the press conference in the video. He was talking about whether he knew we would be playing so many rookies and second year guys.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Caldwell-speaks-Seeing-good-signs/a6cc8e98-647f-47d2-9910-40c4c1679ece'>http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Caldwell-speaks-Seeing-good-signs/a6cc8e98-647f-47d2-9910-40c4c1679ece</a>

He wasn't talking about ALL offensive starters. He was talking about VETERAN players who would still be on the offense. He didn't mention Joeckel because the question was about the older players.

This. That's exactly how I interpreted it as well.
Yeah they should trade him so we can draft Jake Matthews who, if I'm not mistaken, has been declared exponentially better than joeckel.
Yeah Drob is terrible send him off with Joekle and Bortels we can start over. Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash

You guys are stupid (as usual). Joeckel has proven nothing here except for the ability to get constantly bulllied and pushed around. The OP has a point

No
He was just naming some names and forgot him, much like an Oscar winner trying to thank everyone from his mechanic to his hairdresser. Meant nothing.

Quote:You guys are stupid (as usual). Joeckel has proven nothing here except for the ability to get constantly bulllied and pushed around. The OP has a point

Takes one to know one! Herp Derp.
Quote:You guys are stupid (as usual). Joeckel has proven nothing here except for the ability to get constantly bulllied and pushed around. The OP has a point

Cool story

[Image: 15583_South_Park_Troll.jpg]
I didn't understand this thread at first.  But it sounds like he's just saying there is competition for those who haven't proven themselves.  Look at each of those positions and you have a veteran with a bunch of young players as depth (or in Will's case, nobody as depth).  

Pages: 1 2