Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What Cowboys fans are saying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I found an official Cowboys vs. Jaguars thread on the team website, but most of it is about Tony Romo vs. Brandon Weeden to start Sunday.

Quote:<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">With these last two losses this is becoming a must win game. Romo will probably will himself to play, Jerry will not so subtly convince him to play, and Jason will go along with whatever Jerry says.

Quote:My concern is the Cowboys looking past this game to a much desired bye week. Hoping there's not an mindset that they're on holiday in England instead of playing a football game. 
</div>

Quote:It is a must win for us.

I will post more when that thread gets a little longer.
They seem nervous internally. I can see them over looking the Jags and wanting that bye to heal up.
Quote:They seem nervous internally. I can see them over looking the Jags and wanting that bye to heal up.

Yeah, some of them said Tony Romo needs to play because Brandon Weeden sucks. What they don't realize yet is we are not even good enough to beat a backup quarterback.
Id rather have Romo play. If somehow we manage to win that game with Weeden playing, no one will consider it valid. If we pull an upset with Romo playing, that will be a real statement.
Quote:Yeah, some of them said Tony Romo needs to play because Brandon Weeden sucks. What they don't realize yet is we are not even good enough to beat a backup quarterback.

I think we are.  We're just waiting for Bortles to take that step forward and eliminate the mistakes.  God knows when that will happen, but when it does, we are good enough to beat the Cowboys even if Romo plays.  
I really don't like the Cowboys. The whole "America's team", Jerry Jones and acting like the star is some sacred crest. Funniest thing ever was when TO celebrated on the star.

Quote:Id rather have Romo play. If somehow we manage to win that game with Weeden playing, no one will consider it valid. If we pull an upset with Romo playing, that will be a real statement.

If we win with Romo starting it will be largely panned by the national pundits as a fluke because Dallas was looking at the bye with an injured QB.

We are Jaguars.
Quote:Yeah, some of them said Tony Romo needs to play because Brandon Weeden sucks. What they don't realize yet is we are not even good enough to beat a backup quarterback.
If you really feel that way then do us a favor and stop watching Jaguars Football because your opinion is incorrect. 

We beat Weedon last year. With Josh Gordon. We are better than a Weeden led Cowboys. We're actually better than most people think, or our record indicates. Just look at what Big Ben has done and what we held him to. Almost beat Dalton, could have beaten Tannehill who's team just shut out the Chargers.

When Bortles cleans up his game (we'll see a lot of improvement after the bye) we'll rattle off a few wins. Get out of here with that "can't beat a backup" nonsense.
Quote:We beat Weedon last year. With Josh Gordon. We are better than a Weeden led Cowboys. We're actually better than most people think, or our record indicates. Just look at what Big Ben has done and what we held him to. Almost beat Dalton, could have beaten Tannehill who's team just shut out the Chargers.

When Bortles cleans up his game (we'll see a lot of improvement after the bye) we'll rattle off a few wins. Get out of here with that "can't beat a backup" nonsense.
Amen, i agree with you and she need to take that attitude elsewhere because it makes her look weak not believing in our team. 

TRAP GAME

It isn't all on Bortles.  The whole offensive side of the ball needs growth.  I think we have seen that growth compared to game 1 this year but it isn't enough.

That's not a good attitude to have about your "favorite" NFL team.

I think we could beat them with a banged up Romo, let alone Weeden.
Apparently nobody stated anything about our home field advantage.

Quote:Apparently nobody stated anything about our home field advantage.

Actually, we may have somewhat of a home field advantage, since we did the London thing last year, so most of our players probably know what to expect from the time change and how to adapt.  

[grasping at straws] 
Quote: 

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I found an official Cowboys vs. Jaguars thread on the team website, but most of it is about Tony Romo vs. Brandon Weeden to start Sunday.

I will post more when that thread gets a little longer.

</div>

"Those are some GREAT quotes!"

- Nobody, ever
Jaguars have scored over 20 points in 2 out of the last 3 games.  I'm encouraged.  Maybe we can beat the Cowboys.

Actually we have a major home field advantage, since I'll be there cheering them on. Wink
Most pointless thread. Why is it here every week.
if we win, the narrative will be, "what's wrong with Dallas?"  Not, "Hey look at the Jaguars playing well."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10