Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Brandon Linder has allowed just 4 pressures on 265 pass block snaps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's insane all pro level play, let's hope the shoudler injury isn't serious, if this guy keeps developing he has a chance to be an elite lineman.

Going into this week, he was the sixth rated guard in the league according to PFF. Outstanding.

Stupid Gus Badly don't develop players...

Linder is brilliant. He's playing at all-pro level in his rookie year, he could turn out to be an elite level lineman in this next couple of years.

Quote:Stupid Gus Badly don't develop players...

Haha yea, I'm not sure how anyone can question our coaching staff considering the vast development of the young guys on this roster, people choose to see what they want to see however.

wow, I knew he was doing well, but not that well. Holy Toledo!!

Just another example of the good job Caldwell and co. have done in talent acquisition. 

Now, about the injury? How bad is it? Fingers crossed its not something serious. Whenever I hear shoulder injuries to OL I am reminded of the Boselli early demise. 

How was this guy projected as a 7th rounder/UDFA before the draft? A lot of prognosticators really missed on him.

Quote:How was this guy projected as a 7th rounder/UDFA before the draft? A lot of prognosticators really missed on him.

It's all about finding players with strenghts that fit your system, that's why I don't listen to the draft experts of the world, just trust the process.
Quote:wow, I knew he was doing well, but not that well. Holy Toledo!!

Just another example of the good job Caldwell and co. have done in talent acquisition. 

Now, about the injury? How bad is it? Fingers crossed its not something serious. Whenever I hear shoulder injuries to OL I am reminded of the Boselli early demise. 

Ryan O tweeted there's nothing new on Linder and Josh Evans, both guys will be monitored throughout the week, he did say that qualifies as "good news".

Nice to finally solidify positions in the interior. Right tackle is a little questionable, although it might be due to rust and healing from a broken hand on Pazstor's part
I think he allowed one sack (v. Washington, IIRC), but he has been good.  These numbers, if accurate, show he's been damn good.

Quote:Nice to finally solidify positions in the interior. Right tackle is a little questionable, although it might be due to rust and healing from a broken hand on Pazstor's part
I am not so sure. Pasztor just looks outclassed on a lot of plays. At the moment he seems to be our weakest link.
Quote:I am not so sure. Pasztor just looks outclassed on a lot of plays. At the moment he seems to be our weakest link.
He didn't look this bad last season, but then again, everyone was terrible, especially the interior
I'm glad Linder is getting some recognition as he definitely deserves it.
Quote:He didn't look this bad last season, but then again, everyone was terrible, especially the interior

He was good in pass pro last year but struggled in the run game, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jaguars brought in some legit competition for that RT spot next year, preferably a RT that is nasty in the run game.
To add, Bowanko isn't looking too shabby at all for a late round rookie. He improves every game, and may just be a fixture at center for the foreseeable future A lot of this line could already be in place and very young. The arrow could be pointing straight up.

They said on twitter earlier today that there wasn't anything new on the injury front for Linder or Evans which is normally a good thing.  Nothing official yet.

You could see the difference in line play when Linder went out.  He's pretty important to this offense.

Quote:To add, Bowanko isn't looking too shabby at all for a late round rookie. He improves every game, and may just be a fixture at center for the foreseeable future A lot of this line could already be in place and very young. The arrow could be pointing straight up.
When you had Brewster tossing the ball 15 miles in the air on the snap as the starter going into the season then McClendon unable to block DT's it's amazing that the center position is looking good right now.
Quote:When you had Brewster tossing the ball 15 miles in the air on the snap as the starter going into the season then McClendon unable to block DT's it's amazing that the center position is looking good right now.
That gives me an idea. Re-sign Brewster, have him stand backward where the punter normally stands, and just have him snap the ball. It would go farther than Anger's blocked kicks.
Quote:How was this guy projected as a 7th rounder/UDFA before the draft? A lot of prognosticators really missed on him.

I thought the pick was a reach when we took him in the 3rd. Happy that so far, I'm looking dead wrong.
Pages: 1 2