Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A look at other rebuilds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Minnesota is 4-5...... In zimmer's first year. Why cant we do that? Minnesota isnt supremely talented by any stretch.

You know what our problem is? The 3 year "process" is nothing but bull [BLEEP] excuse making every week
I mean, if this team was lacking talent THAT badly, we would never be competitive. At some point being undisciplined falls on the coaches
What would happen if the league decided to take all of the Jags draft picks away for four years because they did something wrong. You would think that they were totally screwed, right?

Well, that's essentially what happened.

It takes a while to recover when you have essentially zero draft picks playing for your team over a four year stretch.

Then again, it's probably a whole lot easier for your lazy mind to just throw random stuff out there.

The problem isn't that we're in a rebuild. The problem is that we've been rebuilding back-to-back for too long.
This team is one of the least penalized teams in the league, so how are they undisciplined?  Don't mistake young and raw for bad coaching.

I do think the offensive game plan is weak but I'm not sure what you can do about that.  Lots of rookies with varying knowledge of the play book.

Another I don't like the coaches thread disguised as something else. Very slick but next time just put this in the many other fire this/that person thread.
Quote:Minnesota is 4-5...... In zimmer's first year. Why cant we do that? Minnesota isnt supremely talented by any stretch.

You know what our problem is? The 3 year "process" is nothing but bull [BAD WORD REMOVED] excuse making every week
You realize it's a four year process?
Quote:The problem isn't that we're in a rebuild. The problem is that we've been rebuilding back-to-back for too long.
This.  Past regimes rebuilds haven't worked at all, they've been downright dreadful in their attempts.  Caldwell stripped the team down to zero, not that there was a lot to build on before he took over!   it's essentially an expansion team level roster (without the extra picks and other benefits given to expansion teams).  

Last year was the tear down of the roster, this year is the start of the rebuild with all of the rookies playing.  The next step would be to see them be big players in free agency on young ascending players along with some vets who many have something left in the tank. 

Next year, this regime is on clock.  1-8 won't cut it no matter how competitive the team is. 
Quote:Another I don't like the coaches thread disguised as something else. Very slick but next time just put this in the many other fire this/that person thread.

Bingo.
Quote:Another I don't like the coaches thread disguised as something else. Very slick but next time just put this in the many other fire this/that person thread.

Haha so true.
Quote:Minnesota is 4-5...... In zimmer's first year. Why cant we do that? Minnesota isnt supremely talented by any stretch.

You know what our problem is? The 3 year "process" is nothing but bull [BAD WORD REMOVED] excuse making every week
Minnesota was in the playoffs 2 seasons back, the Jags haven't been a playoff team for almost a decade...

If you want to look at recent rebuilds, look at Washington, Oakland, Indy and NYJ. Indy had probably the most NFL-ready QB since Peyton fall right to them, the other 3 suck.

Still waiting for this supposed insight into other rebuilds…...

Get back to me when Minn completely guts their roster...
Topic title is misleading.  You use 'rebuilds' as plural, but then only bring up Minnesota.  Which for the record hasn't been rebuilding much at all.  

What the team needs right now more than anything is experience.  Unfortunately Gus Bradley can't beam it into their heads overnight.  Then again, there's no coach that can.  Experience takes time. 

Trololololol
Quote:The problem isn't that we're in a rebuild. The problem is that we've been rebuilding back-to-back for too long.

I get being upset about that. What I don't quite get is the people blaming *this* group for Gene Smith's lousy job.
the brownies rebuild was 20 years and it still isnt finished :teehee:

The bungles has been 15-20 years rebuilding and is starting to look like a playoff team :teehee:

The Packers were wandering the dessert for 30 years before they stole Favre from Atlanta.
if somebody can teach Bortles how to throw a pass we will be pretty good

Fire Gus
Pages: 1 2 3 4