Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: You're getting upset because you're expecting things to turn around immediately
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, we drafted Blake Bortles in the first round this year in hopes of becoming a better team.  I get really tired of the negativity I read on the gameday thread. 

Half of you understand, the other half just ridicule the team as a whole and certain individual players. 

You have terrible negative nicknames about more than half of the damn roster! 

I feel sometimes when I read your comments you'd rather be an [BLEEP] and talk [BLEEP] about the players of "your team" than say something slightly encouraging.

YES!  It's frustrating when we lose, I understand that.  But what I don't understand is how you aren't a realist, and understand that what we have on the field isn't a playoff team.  We have talent on the roster, and the ability to make plays but what we do not have is consistency.  We have gone through some crap the last couple of years and it's very hard to understand why we aren't good, but it just happens.  We are a young franchise with an even younger team.  We barely have a foundation to build on.  We haven't even finished the foundation.  Bortles is merely a start.

Us losing opens up other players for being blamed.  It's why the ones I am talking about have threads saying we need to get rid of Scobee....

Seriously?  We lose a game 33-23 and you create a thread saying we need to cut Josh Scobee?  Get out of here.  You're so confused as to why we aren't winning games that you don't even know what to say.  These losses are going to happen.

Past rookie NFL QB's had early success because they already had Super Bowl caliber teams.

Maybe lower your expectations, and understand that this team, no matter your wildest hopes and dreams, isn't going to make the playoffs just because we put Bortles in.  Yes, it is exciting watching the young guy you hope to be your future franchise QB but we need a lot more than that.  Do you really expect Bortles to come in here and finish the season with 25 TD's to 8-10 Int's?  Just please..stop bad mouthing players and giving them stupid nicknames.  None of you would have the balls to tell either one of them to their face.

Who else has a terrible nickname outside of Slowby 

Quote:Yes, we drafted Blake Bortles in the first round this year in hopes of becoming a better team.  I get really tired of the negativity I read on the gameday thread. 

Half of you understand, the other half just ridicule the team as a whole and certain individual players. 

You have terrible negative nicknames about more than half of the damn roster! 

I feel sometimes when I read your comments you'd rather be an [BAD WORD REMOVED] and talk [BAD WORD REMOVED] about the players of "your team" than say something slightly encouraging.

YES!  It's frustrating when we lose, I understand that.  But what I don't understand is how you aren't a realist, and understand that what we have on the field isn't a playoff team.  We have talent on the roster, and the ability to make plays but what we do not have is consistency.  We have gone through some crap the last couple of years and it's very hard to understand why we aren't good, but it just happens.  We are a young franchise with an even younger team.  We barely have a foundation to build on.  We haven't even finished the foundation.  Bortles is merely a start.

Us losing opens up other players for being blamed.  It's why the ones I am talking about have threads saying we need to get rid of Scobee....

Seriously?  We lose a game 33-23 and you create a thread saying we need to cut Josh Scobee?  Get out of here.  You're so confused as to why we aren't winning games that you don't even know what to say.  These losses are going to happen.

Past rookie NFL QB's had early success because they already had Super Bowl caliber teams.

Maybe lower your expectations, and understand that this team, no matter your wildest hopes and dreams, isn't going to make the playoffs just because we put Bortles in.  Yes, it is exciting watching the young guy you hope to be your future franchise QB but we need a lot more than that.  Do you really expect Bortles to come in here and finish the season with 25 TD's to 8-10 Int's?  Just please..stop bad mouthing players and giving them stupid nicknames.  None of you would have the balls to tell either one of them to their face.

POST OF THE YEAR BRAVO TO YOU SIR FOR FINALLY SHOWING WISDOM AND NO I'M NOT BEING SARCASTIC JUST BECAUSE IM POSTING IN LARGE FONT. 
Literally couldn't agree more. Some people just will never get it and that's part of society
Agreed! It was at an art-time low when someone created a "create your own motto" thread where the OP wanted us to come up with negative things that reflected our season

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ars-motto/

Losing tough, whining about because you thought Bortles would lead us to the playoffs is dumb. From Gus is dumb for not starting Bortles to Bortles isn't the answer. I love talking football, unfortunately I have to sift through the negativity to talk
We suck. We're gonna lose against Dallas.
I would say 25 games is far from "immediately"
Exactly. Thank you.

There's a reason why every game there is a talking point about how young we are and how Bortles is a rookie.

There's a reason why every week opposing teams defensive players say Bortles has the tools to be great but is just going through growing pains.

There's a reason why everyone (besides people here) from media to players to just Joe Football Fan think Bradley is a great coach and right for this team.

Also, you know, the glaring obvious improvement on the stat sheets compared to last year.

But yeah, let's just fire everyone and start over again. It's laughable at this point what some people suggest.
Quote:Exactly. Thank you.

There's a reason why every game there is a talking point about how young we are and how Bortles is a rookie.

There's a reason why every week opposing teams defensive players say Bortles has the tools to be great but is just going through growing pains.

There's a reason why everyone (besides people here) from media to players to just Joe Football Fan think Bradley is a great coach and right for this team.

Also, you know, the glaring obvious improvement on the stat sheets compared to last year.

But yeah, let's just fire everyone and start over again. It's laughable at this point what some people suggest.

Bradley was a great coordinator. That's all those "outsiders" can go on
The list of great coordinators that were bad head coaches is LONG
Nice post. 

Jim

The list of people that have never played a down or coached in the NFL and post on forums is even longer
Quote:The list of people that have never played a down or coached in the NFL and post on forums is even longer

Including you?
Those are all great points but I'm tired of people telling me to temper my expectations. I don't lose in my life and I expect to win, period.

I understand what they're doing and the goals they have, it doesn't mean they're going to work or I'll blindly follow them.

This board seems to be two groups of people, those telling the others to stop overreacting and those frustrated with what they're seeing. If you're not frustrated with what you're seeing, maybe you're a loser. Maybe you don't care about winning, but a lot of people do and 1-16 to start two seasons in a row is about as bad as any team has ever been. And with the way the NFL is setup, it's almost damn near impossible. Improvement? I don't see it.

That said, I'll be there next week and next year because it's what we do. The jags are a big part of our lives, but I am sick and tired of losing.

Flame away.
"You pay hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars for season tix to professional football. Here's a senior bowl roster that'll win you 2 games"....

Yep, expectations are the problem clearly
Clearly the problem was people paying for what they thought was professional football
It's the nature of the beast.  People say stupid stuff on boards when they're upset. I remember Patriot fans who were ready to put Brady out to pasture for Jimmy freakin Garropolo when he had a really bad game against KC at the beginning of the year.  Now that is funny!

[quote name="clfcrn777" post="353655" timestamp="1415015697"]"You pay hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars for season tix to professional football. Here's a senior bowl roster that'll win you 2 games"....

Yep, expectations are the problem clearly[/quote

No one is being forced to buy tickets. Starting negative threads every 5 sec does what? Considering the amount of rookies we have starting I thought they fought hard yesterday. They'll get better in time.
I've only been waiting 5 years. Clearly that's not long enough.

Chicken Little
Pages: 1 2