Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jags have Ruined Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
He is doomed on this team. Play calling is atrocious, receivers create no separation, and the line doesn't pass protect.
the sky is falling! the sky is falling!

Quote:He is doomed on this team. Play calling is atrocious, receivers create no separation, and the line doesn't pass protect.

2 rookie receivers, 1 receiver who thinks he is a #1, but is a 3 at best... not a good recipe for success for BB.
I do believe that about 5 games ago when the coaches said they wouldn't let Bortles check in/out of certain plays that it was going to be an issue.  If your boss hires you because you have tons of talent, then tells you exactly what to do and how to do it, wouldn't you be pissed?  It was a douche move by the coaches.

I'll hold judgement for when he has hopefully a competent OC next year. 

Bortles is ruining himself by throwing the ball to the wrong team.

fisch has officially broke bortles. Thats for sure. The receivers being invisible isn't helping either.

BB5 is definately got some work to do...

The OC has to figure out some things as well...

We have 7 more games...  Maybe something will get better?

But if they don't I guess most people will say, "hey, give them another year"...

I'm not one of those guys...

You can figure stuff out within a year...  It's not too hard...  Just use your eyes and your memory

What exactly do these guys practice all week anyway?

Quote:What exactly do these guys practice all week anyway?
Screens lol
Is Mariota going to be in teal? Or Jameis?
ever since it came out that bortles checked to too many run plays and the coaches didn't like it, he has played much worse. lol

It's amazing how no one gets any separation on their routes.  Every pass is a near pick because if it isn't a perfect ball it has a chance to get picked. Dalton's receivers have 2-3 yards separation on almost every pass.

Quote:What exactly do these guys practice all week anyway?

They practice?
Quote:It's amazing how no one gets any separation on their routes. Every pass is a near pick because if it isn't a perfect ball it has a chance to get picked. Dalton's receivers have 2-3 yards separation on almost every pass.
Quote:It's amazing how no one gets any separation on their routes.  Every pass is a near pick because if it isn't a perfect ball it has a chance to get picked. Dalton's receivers have 2-3 yards separation on almost every pass.
I know, when you have to throw into a tight window every time there is a good chance you're going to throw a lot of picks.

The offense has clicked every time we run the 2 min offense. That really fits Bortles play style. Let's run that some more!

We are the king of the screen pass.

Quote:fisch has officially broke bortles. Thats for sure. The receivers being invisible isn't helping either.

But all the posters who wanted to play him now said that couldn't happen. ;-)
Quote:But all the posters who wanted to play him now said that couldn't happen. ;-)

Congrats on being right about this team being complete garbage.  I'm glad someone has something to be happy about.

Hope you didn't hurt your hand patting yourself on the back.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6