Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ryan Davis and Roy Miller contract extensions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These are the 2 most important players to resign IMO. Just wondering what type of deals do you think these guys get? If Davis keeps it up I think he will get a similar deal to Marks and Miller maybe a 3 yr. 12 mill. Ball and JT Thomas are the 2 other players I would like to see resigned. Poz and Lewis will get cut and it will give us some more cap space to resign some players and maybe get a Julius Thomas.
Poz will not be cut. There is no reason for anyone to think just because other linebackers are showing promise, we need to get rid of him. Those young guys are learning a lot from Poz and are still developing.

I don't think Caldwell is going to cut Lewis before the draft. Harbor is not as good at blocking. The Broncos probably will do whatever it takes to keep Julius Thomas if they can.

All I can say about Miller and Davis is we need to keep them. If it's not broke, don't fix it. The defensive line definitely is not broke.

Quote:These are the 2 most important players to resign IMO. Just wondering what type of deals do you think these guys get? If Davis keeps it up I think he will get a similar deal to Marks and Miller maybe a 3 yr. 12 mill. Ball and JT Thomas are the 2 other players I would like to see resigned. Poz and Lewis will get cut and it will give us some more cap space to resign some players and maybe get a Julius Thomas.

Ryan Davis is an exclusive rights FA. No need to break the bank. He'll get near league minimum with a little bonus and incentives for performance. 

They might offer Miller 3 mil per year for 3 more years. 
Quote:Ryan Davis is an exclusive rights FA. No need to break the bank. He'll get near league minimum with a little bonus and incentives for performance. 

They might offer Miller 3 mil per year for 3 more years. 

What is an ERFA?
I totally agree about Ryan Davis, but Roy Miller?

Quote:What is an ERFA?

Exclusive Rights Free Agent... for the most part they're forced to re-sign at or near the minimum because the team owns their exclusive rights meaning they basically have zero leverage. Players need to accrue a third season to go from this level to being a restricted free agent.

Quote:I totally agree about Ryan Davis, but Roy Miller?
He's been soild in the middle while making some good plays against the run. He's worth 3 mil per year IMO. 

If not for Abry Jones emerging - he may be worth more. 

Quote:He's been soild in the middle while making some good plays against the run. He's worth 3 mil per year IMO. 

If not for Abry Jones emerging - he may be worth more. 

Where did Abry Jones come from? He has been looking good so far.
Quote:Where did Abry Jones come from? He has been looking good so far.

Caldwell signed him as an UDFA out of UGA in 2013.  
Quote:Caldwell signed him as an UDFA out of UGA in 2013.  

He really knows how to find diamonds in the rough.
Quote:He really knows how to find diamonds in the rough.
It is certainly beginning to look that way.  The number of late round, undrafted, and waiver wire players that appear "promising" at this stage is impressive to say the least. 
Quote:It is certainly beginning to look that way.  The number of late round, undrafted, and waiver wire players that appear "promising" at this stage is impressive to say the least. 

We are going to see those promises happen next year.
Quote:It is certainly beginning to look that way.  The number of late round, undrafted, and waiver wire players that appear "promising" at this stage is impressive to say the least. 
This is a valid statement. People go crazy about our W-L but I'm just saying give it time and trust in the process. If you trust in that, in a few years we'll be playoffs non-stop. 
Quote:What is an ERFA?

European Rail Freight Association
Quote:This is a valid statement. People go crazy about our W-L but I'm just saying give it time and trust in the process. If you trust in that, in a few years we'll be playoffs non-stop. 

People are impatient for results. That is understandable but expecting us to win now is not. The best analogy is a baby. It takes a while to hold, pick up, and throw toys. It takes longer to roll over, then sit, crawl, walk, run, and jump. All this time, babies are still wearing diapers and crying. Jaguars fans need to be like new parents, who are patient to let their kids grow and develop into talking, reading, self-feeding toilet users.

Quote:People are impatient for results. That is understandable but expecting us to win now is not. The best analogy is a baby. It takes a while to hold, pick up, and throw toys. It takes longer to roll over, then sit, crawl, walk, run, and jump. All this time, babies are still wearing diapers and crying. Jaguars fans need to be like new parents, who are patient to let their kids grow and develop into talking, reading, self-feeding toilet users.
lol
Quote:I totally agree about Ryan Davis, but Roy Miller?
Roy Miller has been a beast in the middle this year. He is one of the main reasons our run D has been so good. What makes you question the resigning of Roy Miller?
Quote:People are impatient for results. That is understandable but expecting us to win now is not. The best analogy is a baby. It takes a while to hold, pick up, and throw toys. It takes longer to roll over, then sit, crawl, walk, run, and jump. All this time, babies are still wearing diapers and crying. Jaguars fans need to be like new parents, who are patient to let their kids grow and develop into talking, reading, self-feeding toilet users.

No offense to you at all, JW, but your post immediately made my mind go here...

[Image: 2d6c181673babba6c743852db9be8cb5.jpg]
Quote:No offense to you at all, JW, but your post immediately made my mind go here...

Oh dear.
Quote:No offense to you at all, JW, but your post immediately made my mind go here...

[Image: AnmemZk.png]
Pages: 1 2