Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 18 interceptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogp...rs&id=9240

Interesting read though I don't care for all the brother and dad stuff.

A o/u for Blakes total interception count at 18 is too easy. Can he throw less than one a game going forward?

What is your over under prediction for Bortles 2014 season halfway through (he has 12 currently with 5.5 games played) if I set the line at 20.5?

Over but will be closer to the line than to Mannings 28.
20.5 is about 1 a game. I'm gonna say 24. He drops it down to average 1.5 a game 2nd half of the season
I think he ends up with 25, + or - 1.
I'm hoping he slows waaaay down with them but I still think he hits 21 or so.

I agree with Jedd Fisch when he said we should not use Peyton Manning's 28 interceptions in 1998 as a crutch. He made it clear the fact that Manning was intercepted 28 times as a rookie does not in any way make it OK for Blake Bortles to throw a lot to the wrong team. However he understands some of them are just good defense, so instead of saying Bortles needs to stop turning the ball over he talked about cutting interceptions in half for a total of 18 all season. I have no idea how that can happen with the Bengals, Cowboys, Colts, and Ravens coming up.

How can that happen? Lots of hand offs, lol.

I think he'll throw 27

We should make a wager here, I say 24.
Quote:How can that happen? Lots of handoffs, LOL.

At Cincinnati, it would not be a bad idea to run a lot. The Bengals have no run defense.
http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXleadersXXpass_i...season.htm

As long as Bortles doesn't get into the top 5 of this list
I will take 22. I think he will have a couple of clean sheets down the stretch and a couple of bad ones.
Quote:http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXleadersXXpass_i...season.htm

As long as Bortles doesn't get into the top 5 of this list

Can't say I remember Favre having 29 in 2005. Wow.
George Blanda is considered a legend of some sort but makes this list several times. ha

I'm not so much worried about the number of interceptions.  We all knew he'd have his struggles this year.  I just hope he starts to show that he's learning from the bigger mistakes. 

I figure he's good for at least 24 INT this year.  That's fine as long as we start to see him turn the corner at some point. 

It's so funny because this interception concept is so new to us.  For the past 7 years we've have QBs that were so programmed to check down and play it safe that I'm afraid a small portion of the fan base doesn't know what a real QB looks like.  Well, this is it !!

Quote:How can that happen? Lots of hand offs, lol.

Quote:At Cincinnati, it would not be a bad idea to run a lot. The Bengals have no run defense.
Exactly. Especially when you've got one of the hotter RBs the last couple weeks.
Check these stats out -- TERRY BRADSHAW Interceptions ....

Total TDs - 212

Total Ints - 210

Years 1 & 2

TDs - 19

Ints - 46

4 Super Bowl Years

TDs - 79

Ints - 62

27,989 Yards on 3,901 attempts = 7.2 yards per attempt.

HALL OF FAME

THERE IS NOT A CREDIBLE (i.e. national website) LIST OUT THERE THAT DOESN'T HAVE BRADSHAW IN THE TOP 20 BEST QBS EVER.

If people want to compare this season to the likes of Manning and Bradshaw....which is stupid, don't forget to include some busts also like Ryan Leaf. 

Anyway, I highly doubt he gets to 20.  I think we'll see more conservative playcalling before that happens.

Quote:It's so funny because this interception concept is so new to us.  For the past 7 years we've have QBs that were so programmed to check down and play it safe that I'm afraid a small portion of the fan base doesn't know what a real QB looks like.  Well, this is it !!
Agreed.  We finally have a QB who has the gunslinger mentality.  He's not afraid to take chances.  As he matures as a player, the expectation is that the mental mistakes will dissipate. 
Pages: 1 2