Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ball to IR!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

<div>
<div>
<div> Follow
</div>
[Image: 2dyFxd2S_bigger.jpeg]John Oehser‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@JohnOehser</span></div>
</div>
<p style="font-size:28px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Jaguars have placed CB Alan Ball on injured reserve. Signed fourth-year veteran CB Tommie Campbell.

<div>
<div>Reply
Retweet
Favorite

<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div> 

<div>7:35 AM - 29 Oct 2014

http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion/...ed-reserve
</div>
</div>

Tommie Campbell
  • <b>Height</b>: 6' 3"<b> Weight</b>: 198 lb.
  • <b>Position played</b>: CB
  • <b>Born</b>: September 19, 1987 (age 27), Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
  • <b>College</b>: California (PA)
  • <b>Draft</b>: 2011 7th round (48th pick) by the Tennessee Titans
Good Size Gus Style CB Not sure how good he will be.

Oh and BTW Championship! :teehee:

We're dropping like flies!
Quote:Tommie Campbell
  • <b>Height</b>: 6' 3"<b> Weight</b>: 198 lb.
  • <b>Position played</b>: CB
  • <b>Born</b>: September 19, 1987 (age 27), Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
  • <b>College</b>: California (PA)
  • <b>Draft</b>: 2011 7th round (48th pick) by the Tennessee Titans
Good Size Gus Style CB Not sure how good he will be.

Oh and BTW Championship! :teehee:

he was cut by Tennessee.  he cant be good.

Its good that the K ball went IR, maybe Scobee wont get blocked any more!
Quote:he was cut by Tennessee. he cant be good.

They also let Sen'Derrick Marks go, too
This one is a bummer because Ball has played well for this team. But at this point, it doesn't hurt to get the three second year corners as much playing time as possible and that will be the case the rest of the year. Ball will be 30 next year but should generate some interest on the open market. With McCray, Gratz, Harris and Colvin all under contract for at least two more years I wonder if that is the end of his career here.

Quote:Its good that the K ball went IR, maybe Scobee wont get blocked any more!

Nah..Beadles will have to go on IR for that to happen
Maybe we'll see Colvin before the end of the season.
He's probably done as a Jag.

The future is now for Gratz and McCray. They can do a lot to help this team by balling out and solidifying those two CB spots for good.
Hopefully we can see what Colvin brings to the table here soon!!!

I dont want Colvin to rush back but at the same time I just keep feeling like we will see him sooner than later.

Quote:This one is a bummer because Ball has played well for this team. But at this point, it doesn't hurt to get the three second year corners as much playing time as possible and that will be the case the rest of the year. Ball will be 30 next year but should generate some interest on the open market. With McCray, Gratz, Harris and Colvin all under contract for at least two more years I wonder if that is the end of his career here.

Alan was great last year but his struggled a bit this yea, I don't think this hurts us much, especially if Colvin is 100%.
Quote:The future is now for Gratz and McCray. They can do a lot to help this team by balling out and solidifying those two CB spots for good.
This is how I feel.
Quote:The future is now for Gratz and McCray. They can do a lot to help this team by balling out and solidifying those two CB spots for good.

Add in Aaron Colvin and we got ourselves a nice young secondary.
Son of a biscuit eating bulldog. He's not a shutdown cb, but hes solid. Let's see how mccray, gratz, and Harris do. Colvin soon as well
Quote:He was cut by Tennessee.  he cant be good.

The Titans also decided not to keep Sen'Derrick Marks, so I guess he is no good either.

See the problem with that statement?
Let's see how much the scheme helps his overall play, where bigger CBs seem to flourish.

Quote:It's good that the K ball went IR, maybe Scobee wont get blocked any more!

The K ball did not go to IR. It was the A Ball.
Pages: 1 2