Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Early Timeouts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bruh. Like seriously they need to stop.

I actually expect them now.....like a guarantee
Dumb. It's an offense full of rookies. They are there to use if they need them.
I over that right now.  Call as many early time outs you want.  Just have it fixed by 2015.

Quote:Dumb. It's an offense full of rookies. They are there to use if they need them.
These guys have played long enough to not waste timeouts so early this year.  I don't accept that excuse anymore.

First 5 minutes of a game and wasting a timeout is not right.
Young offense, people need to stop looking for something to complain about. Would you rather they make even more errors?
Quote:Young offense, people need to stop looking for something to complain about. Would you rather they make even more errors?

I would rather them show progress and not have to do it.  They have a freaking speaker in the quarterbacks head to call plays.  Of all mistakes, these should not be happening.
Would you rather a TO or turnover? Rookie offense, defenses are throwing out crazy looks they've never seen before which is going to confuse Bortles and the offense. 

Quote:Would you rather a TO or turnover? Rookie offense, defenses are throwing out crazy looks they've never seen before which is going to confuse Bortles and the offense. 

Again, I would prefer the team be able to call a play and our offense be able to run that play.  It's really not that hard to do...high school offenses use signals or run a player in and out.  We have a coach calling the play directly to our quarterback.  It's a very basic thing.

Bortles has audibled out of plays before....of all things we are screwing up, a play call should not be one.
Quote:These guys have played long enough to not waste timeouts so early this year. I don't accept that excuse anymore.

First 5 minutes of a game and wasting a timeout is not right.

Breaking! Internet guy claims young offense has had "enough time...will not accept excuses."

Good call internet guy.
Quote:Again, I would prefer the team be able to call a play and our offense be able to run that play. It's really not that hard to do...high school offenses use signals or run a player in and out. We have a coach calling the play directly to our quarterback. It's a very basic thing.

Bortles has audibled out of plays before....of all things we are screwing up, a play call should not be one.

:handwank:
Quote:Breaking! Internet guy claims young offense has had "enough time...will not accept excuses."

Good call internet guy.

Breaking....mod thinks he can talk down to anyone he wants.

Its an opinion.  I'm sure if you ask the coaching staff they would tend to lean towards my line of thinking.  Of all the rookie mistakes Bortles has made, this is one that I would think should be cleared up pretty easily.
they'll be less and less as bortles/wr/o line get more in sync.  Earlier in the year after a couple timeouts the offense executed very poorly, I recall a pick 6 after a timeout.  It's good that we are trending better performance post-time out.  The next step is to not call the timeout. 

Its all part of the process of getting better.

Most of the timeouts have been because of Bortles. It doesn't matter if a fan will "accept" that as a reason or not. It is the reason. Most of them are to avoid a penalty.

Earlier in the year when Henne was using Time outs like they were unlimited it wasn't his fault, now when Bortles uses them they are all Bortles' fault. 

Me confused.
Quote:Would you rather a TO or turnover? Rookie offense, defenses are throwing out crazy looks they've never seen before which is going to confuse Bortles and the offense.
Yeah because it's not like we don't turn the ball over on offense anyway. We've seen multiple times at the end of halves we're hurt in two minute offenses because were either down to one timeout or none. But whatever they're all rookies right? Keep throwing pick 6's Blake and continue burning timeouts like water. You can always lean on being a rookie.
Quote:Earlier in the year when Henne was using Time outs like they were unlimited it wasn't his fault, now when Bortles uses them they are all Bortles' fault. 

Me confused.

Exactly....I wish I would have made this point earlier.  It's a system issue and doesn't seem to be just because he's a rookie.  It happened last year a bit too.
Its something that should and will get fixed as the season goes on and if not it will no doubt be fixed next season.

I mean it is frustrating but it is a learning experience for these young guys. They may call the timeout because of alignments or just to get an early talking moment in.

Everything about this year is solely for learning purposes. I didn't expect us to win many games because of things like missed assignement and not knowing where to be. A lot of this will look a lot cleaner next year.
Didn't read the whole thread  -   but    -  you guys do realize that the one in the first quarter vs. phins was simply called because a WR was lined up wrong and they were about to get an illegal formation penalty, right?? 

It wasn't an issue last week, IMO. 

Pages: 1 2