Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: MB Meet n Greet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just a thought. Anyone have any thoughts on meeting up somewhere?

I have absolutely zero animosity towards anyone. I've debated, slighted, insulted and so on. But I'll show up, make amends and even let some of you buy me a beer.

I can't wait to say. YOU? You're Winger Dinger? YOU? Your FBT? You're better looking on the MB.

Then clink glasses and quaf a sudsy one.

Just a thought. Or I can go piss myself and move on.

Place? Time?

Maybe Intuition?

Maybe after a practice day?
Somebody mention beer? I'm down.

I'm in ..... heading out of town Memorial Day Weekend though.

DARKSTAR = HURRICANE!!

Wish I could attend a Meet and Greet but I'm in Maryland and will not be getting down to Jax anytime soon (Waiting for a lawsuit to be settled)

I'd be down. I just had surgery on my foot, which isn't healing all that well, but I could hobble my way into somewhere for a cold one.

Are there any people 35+ with a wife and kids whose spouse would find it odd and even suspicious that their husband was going to meet up with a bunch of random people from a message board? 

I can't be alone here, right? lol.

That's why I'm happily DIVORCED! I answer to NO ONE but myself (and the occassional LEO lol)

i'm one of those Daytona beach people so its a bit of a hike for me.  I haven't had a good message board meetup since I was posting at the furries message board.

You know whats funny. I have gone to the games since the beginning and joined here quite a bit later in 2007. Since that time I have asked hundreds of folks while at games and while tailgating and never once met a regular poster or even anyone that belonged to the board. I suppose we really are a small group of people.

Anyway, rooftop at the Casa Marina is a fine establishment for meeting and swilling.

Quote:You know whats funny. I have gone to the games since the beginning and joined here quite a bit later in 2007. Since that time I have asked hundreds of folks while at games and while tailgating and never once met a regular poster or even anyone that belonged to the board. I suppose we really are a small group of people.

Anyway, rooftop at the Casa Marina is a fine establishment for meeting and swilling.

Well yeah. How many frequent posters are there on here? Maybe 20? Add in other less frequent posters, you probably have less than 100 people. That leaves over 67,000 people in the stadium on game day who have never heard of the forum or don't come here.
Quote:Well yeah. How many frequent posters are there on here? Maybe 20? Add in other less frequent posters, you probably have less than 100 people. That leaves over 67,000 people in the stadium on game day who have never heard of the forum or don't come here.
Tru dat, tru dat one would just think eventually you would run across someone.
Quote:Tru dat, tru dat one would just think eventually you would run across someone.

Oh, I agree. 
Quote:Wish I could attend a Meet and Greet but I'm in Maryland and will not be getting down to Jax anytime soon (Waiting for a lawsuit to be settled)
Don't worry you''ll beat that old sandbag Sammy. We know who did the advancments.
Quote:You know whats funny. I have gone to the games since the beginning and joined here quite a bit later in 2007. Since that time I have asked hundreds of folks while at games and while tailgating and never once met a regular poster or even anyone that belonged to the board. I suppose we really are a small group of people.

On the contrary, we used to do "meetups" and such in the early years of the board (prior to 2007).  We also used to not only meet-up during training camp, but some of us would also show up when the team was going on an away game.  Anyone remember the "sendoffs"?
I will be taking it to the streets tonight in Tacoma if yall want to join me
I'd have a beer with you guys if a plan is indeed made.  (if I'm not out of town - I'm currently on the west coast till June)

Like Ringo, I have no animosity to anyone here. Jag fandom supersedes MB disagreements. 

(NYC4jags)
I'm moving back to Florida in about 2 weeks. So I'm down for whatever. 

I'll be in the pub tomorrow in a village called Fair Oak near Southampton UK if anyone is down?

Quote:On the contrary, we used to do "meetups" and such in the early years of the board (prior to 2007).  We also used to not only meet-up during training camp, but some of us would also show up when the team was going on an away game.  Anyone remember the "sendoffs"?
There was more participation coming from the message board than the official fan club.  Does that even exist any more, or has BCB pretty much absorbed those duties.  The same BCB that really got its start and the bulk of its support in getting off the ground also from this message board.

We hosted a board gathering several years ago at Mudville Grille in St. Nicholas.  Even got support from the team with the planning.  Had a really good turnout.
I don't know...some of you people scare me. I don't wanna name names, they know who they are from the restraining order.
Pages: 1 2 3