Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Through 8 games...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Offense

Total yards per game-306.6

Passing yards per game-209.4

Rush yards per game-97.2

Points per game-14.8

Turnovers-18

Defense

Total yards per game-382.4

Passing yards per game-267.4

Rushing yards per game-115

Points per game-27.3

Turnovers-8

Sacks-25

Through 8 games in 2013...

Offense

Total yards per game-286.5

Passing yards per game-220.1

Rushing yards per game-66.4

Points per game-10.8

Turnovers-15

Defense

Total yards per game-392.3

Passing yards per game-230.5

Rushing yards per game-161.8

Points per game-33

Turnovers-8

Sacks-11

I knew there was improvement over last year but I forgot how terrible we were in 2013...
Have you got the stats since bortles started? Henne was so bad the first few games this year it kind of skews the stats
It isn't hard to top the 'nonexistant' rushing attack we had last year. What I am shocked about is that we averaged nearly the same passing yardage. Well I guess Blackmon did have that huge day in Denver. But I know Gabbs wasn't getting 200 any games hardly.

On D, we are much improved. The problem is there was so much room to improve we are still bad...

In general, we are an improved team, even if our record isn't showing it.

I'm honestly surprised at the passing yards stat. But I know we have gotten better but just our luck has been poor thus far. Our D has showed signs of life for sure.

Quote:Have you got the stats since bortles started? Henne was so bad the first few games this year it kind of skews the stats
I'm bored and at work.

Which stats are you looking for?
Quote:Have you got the stats since bortles started? Henne was so bad the first few games this year it kind of skews the stats

To be fair I think Gabbert played just as many last season as Henne did this season. 
Remember this about the 2013 offensive passing stats, Henne and Gabbert feasted on garbage time yards and TDs...

While the defense couldn't stop anyone from running.

6 teams ran for more than 150 with the Raiders and Niners going for more than 200 each...
I hope you're not talking about interceptions. Stats can say a lot of things my friend. Wink
I do remember Henne had a lot of garbage time stats because he was my random pick up back up QB in two fantasy leagues because of byes/injuries and he helped me get SOME points because of garbage play.

Quote:I hope you're not talking about interceptions. Stats can say a lot of things my friend. Wink

I'll take the ints over not making first downs for entire halves

Lol... that's debatable. Depends on which stats you're talking about... 
Heres one stat I think speak volumns - In 3 games Henne took 16 sacks, in 6 games Bortles has taken 17.

Quote:Heres one stat I think speak volumns - In 3 games Henne took 16 sacks, in 6 games Bortles has taken 17.

I think Henne was too cautious and Bortles too aggressive. Henne would take a sack and Bortles tries to force the ball when the receivers aren't open. Both could do with throwing the ball away on occasion
Nevermind, just realized you deduct Sack yardage from passing yards per game. 

I think last year at 8 games, we just finished the San Diego Game which it and the Broncos game really skewed the stats for a while. 

What we need to see is not a 2013 to 2014 comparison but a Henne to Bortles comparison. That means putting together statistics for only the first 2.5 games and comparing them to the 5.5 games we played with Bortles by using the per-game averages. For example, instead of saying Bortles took 17 sacks in 6 games figure out the average for 5.5 games.

Quote:What we need to see is not a 2013 to 2014 comparison but a Henne to Bortles comparison. That means putting together statistics for only the first 2.5 games and comparing them to the 5.5 games we played with Bortles by using the per-game averages. For example, instead of saying Bortles took 17 sacks in 6 games figure out the average for 5.5 games.

Hop to.
Quote:Hop to.

Hop to where?
Quote:What we need to see is not a 2013 to 2014 comparison but a Henne to Bortles comparison. That means putting together statistics for only the first 2.5 games and comparing them to the 5.5 games we played with Bortles by using the per-game averages. For example, instead of saying Bortles took 17 sacks in 6 games figure out the average for 5.5 games.

17 divided by 5.5... 3.09 sacks per game

16 divided 2.5..  6.4 sacks per game

Henne loses 6.5 yards per sack

Bortles loses 5.6 yards per sack
Quote:17 divided by 5.5... 3.09 sacks per game

16 divided 2.5..  6.4 sacks per game

Henne loses 6.5 yards per sack

Bortles loses 5.6 yards per sack

So we lost fewer yards on sacks with Bortles than we did with Henne even though by absolute numbers he was sacked more times. I assume that is not a coincidence.
This team could actually have four wins right now if they had a decent QB with some experience.  Tenn, Pitt, Miami could have all been wins.  This is what I would expect to happen with a rookie QB learning trial by fire.  Soon enough Bortles will be leading this team to win those type of games

Pages: 1 2