Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Through 8 games...

Offense

Total yards per game-306.6

Passing yards per game-209.4

Rush yards per game-97.2

Points per game-14.8

Turnovers-18

Defense

Total yards per game-382.4

Passing yards per game-267.4

Rushing yards per game-115

Points per game-27.3

Turnovers-8

Sacks-25

Through 8 games in 2013...

Offense

Total yards per game-286.5

Passing yards per game-220.1

Rushing yards per game-66.4

Points per game-10.8

Turnovers-15

Defense

Total yards per game-392.3

Passing yards per game-230.5

Rushing yards per game-161.8

Points per game-33

Turnovers-8

Sacks-11

I knew there was improvement over last year but I forgot how terrible we were in 2013...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Have you got the stats since bortles started? Henne was so bad the first few games this year it kind of skews the stats

It isn't hard to top the 'nonexistant' rushing attack we had last year. What I am shocked about is that we averaged nearly the same passing yardage. Well I guess Blackmon did have that huge day in Denver. But I know Gabbs wasn't getting 200 any games hardly.

On D, we are much improved. The problem is there was so much room to improve we are still bad...

In general, we are an improved team, even if our record isn't showing it.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I'm honestly surprised at the passing yards stat. But I know we have gotten better but just our luck has been poor thus far. Our D has showed signs of life for sure.

Quote:Have you got the stats since bortles started? Henne was so bad the first few games this year it kind of skews the stats
I'm bored and at work.

Which stats are you looking for?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:Have you got the stats since bortles started? Henne was so bad the first few games this year it kind of skews the stats

To be fair I think Gabbert played just as many last season as Henne did this season. 

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 10:09 PM by MightyRx.)

Remember this about the 2013 offensive passing stats, Henne and Gabbert feasted on garbage time yards and TDs...

While the defense couldn't stop anyone from running.

6 teams ran for more than 150 with the Raiders and Niners going for more than 200 each...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

I hope you're not talking about interceptions. Stats can say a lot of things my friend. Wink

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I do remember Henne had a lot of garbage time stats because he was my random pick up back up QB in two fantasy leagues because of byes/injuries and he helped me get SOME points because of garbage play.

Quote:I hope you're not talking about interceptions. Stats can say a lot of things my friend. Wink

I'll take the ints over not making first downs for entire halves

Lol... that's debatable. Depends on which stats you're talking about... 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Heres one stat I think speak volumns - In 3 games Henne took 16 sacks, in 6 games Bortles has taken 17.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Heres one stat I think speak volumns - In 3 games Henne took 16 sacks, in 6 games Bortles has taken 17.

I think Henne was too cautious and Bortles too aggressive. Henne would take a sack and Bortles tries to force the ball when the receivers aren't open. Both could do with throwing the ball away on occasion

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 11:07 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Nevermind, just realized you deduct Sack yardage from passing yards per game. 

I think last year at 8 games, we just finished the San Diego Game which it and the Broncos game really skewed the stats for a while. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

What we need to see is not a 2013 to 2014 comparison but a Henne to Bortles comparison. That means putting together statistics for only the first 2.5 games and comparing them to the 5.5 games we played with Bortles by using the per-game averages. For example, instead of saying Bortles took 17 sacks in 6 games figure out the average for 5.5 games.

Quote:What we need to see is not a 2013 to 2014 comparison but a Henne to Bortles comparison. That means putting together statistics for only the first 2.5 games and comparing them to the 5.5 games we played with Bortles by using the per-game averages. For example, instead of saying Bortles took 17 sacks in 6 games figure out the average for 5.5 games.

Hop to.

Quote:Hop to.

Hop to where?

Quote:What we need to see is not a 2013 to 2014 comparison but a Henne to Bortles comparison. That means putting together statistics for only the first 2.5 games and comparing them to the 5.5 games we played with Bortles by using the per-game averages. For example, instead of saying Bortles took 17 sacks in 6 games figure out the average for 5.5 games.

17 divided by 5.5... 3.09 sacks per game

16 divided 2.5..  6.4 sacks per game

Henne loses 6.5 yards per sack

Bortles loses 5.6 yards per sack

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:17 divided by 5.5... 3.09 sacks per game

16 divided 2.5..  6.4 sacks per game

Henne loses 6.5 yards per sack

Bortles loses 5.6 yards per sack

So we lost fewer yards on sacks with Bortles than we did with Henne even though by absolute numbers he was sacked more times. I assume that is not a coincidence.

This team could actually have four wins right now if they had a decent QB with some experience.  Tenn, Pitt, Miami could have all been wins.  This is what I would expect to happen with a rookie QB learning trial by fire.  Soon enough Bortles will be leading this team to win those type of games

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]