Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where are you on the political spectrum? (QUIZ)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious as to where people are on the political spectrum.  Hopefully we can keep this conversation civil, without people attacking people for being too liberal, or too conservative, or whatnot.

http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politic...-quiz.html

My results:

You are a center-left social libertarian.
Left: 2.74, Libertarian: 3.54

<b>Foreign Policy:</b>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);">On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. <b>You scored: -1.75</b>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);"><b>Culture:</b>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);">Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. <b>You scored: -2.88</b>

I don't think anyone will be surprised by my results

You are a far-right social libertarian.

Right: 9.1, Libertarian: 8.14

On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. <b>You scored: -9.12</b>

<b>Culture:</b>

Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. <b>You scored: -1.97</b>

You are a center-left social libertarian.
Left: 2.49, Libertarian: 5.15

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);">On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. <b>You scored: -5.17</b>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);"><b>Culture:</b>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);">Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. <b>You scored: -6.59</b>
You are a right moderate social libertarian.

Right: 5.32, Libertarian: 3.04

On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. <b>You scored: 7.19</b>

<b>Culture:</b>

Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. <b>You scored: 0.98</b>
I am really curious where mine will be. 

I see both sides of just about everything.

Stand by for results. 

Compass:

You are a center-left social moderate.

Left: 1.1, Libertarian: 0.24  

Foreign Policy:

On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. <b>You scored: 1.75</b>

Culture:

Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. <b>You scored: -0.8</b>

Interesting the amount of social libertarian results. I think we're really seeing shift towards live and let live on social policy as the older generations fades away.

Compass:

You are a right moderate social authoritarian.

Right: 6.78, Authoritarian: 3.49

<span style="font-family:verdana, sans-serif;">Foreign Policy:
</span>

<span style="font-family:verdana, sans-serif;">On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. You scored: 5.06
</span>

<strong><span style="font-family:verdana, sans-serif;">Culture:
</strong></span>

<span style="font-family:verdana, sans-serif;">Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. <strong>You scored: 6.97
</strong></span>

Quote:Interesting the amount of social libertarian results. I think we're really seeing shift towards live and let live on social policy as the older generations fades away.
Some libertarian ideals, marijuana legalization, gay marriage etc... fall in line with leftist ideals. Others fall in line with right wing ideals. It's a good example of how extreme party lines and pure opposition in every possibly category is a failing of the two party system and that neither is really for the people. 
<b>Compass:</b>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);">You are a right moderate social libertarian.

Right: 4.3, Libertarian: 2.4

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);"><b>Foreign Policy:</b>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);">On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. <b>You scored: 4.89</b>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(238,238,238);">Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. <b>You scored: 1.31</b>

You are a right social moderate.

Right: 6.77, Authoritarian: 0.5

<sniff>  It said I'm stupid.   Sad

<b>Compass:</b>
You are a right social moderate.

Right: 5.54, Libertarian: 0.46

[Image: 31x21.gif]
I'm not convinced the creators of the quiz accurately portray the position of the respondents. Some of the questions had absolute answer choices where maybe a response would apply almost always, but not always. For example, I think there could at some time be some person who deserves the death penalty
 (commandant at Auschwitz), but it would be way more rare than is currently in practice.

That said, my results are in the same sector I guessed they would be.

You are a right social libertarian.
Right: 6.79, Libertarian: 4.96

I'm suspicious of web sites like this.   Someone, somewhere, is gathering information on everyone, based on everything we do on the internet.   Answering a quiz like this just makes their job that much easier.  

Right Social Libertarian.

Citizens should be free of government interference in their private lives while the government should be actively engaged with the rest of the world.

It says that I'm a Centre-Right, Social Libertarian also.

Quote:I'm suspicious of web sites like this.   Someone, somewhere, is gathering information on everyone, based on everything we do on the internet.   Answering a quiz like this just makes their job that much easier.  

I agree. At least this one seems to give reasonable results. I suspect that many of them just gather the data and then assign a random answer.

I'm an Ambidextrous Socially Conservative Libertarian

In other words, I should run for office and follow the path the polls make for me.

I agree with MalabarJag. Some questions/answers were too absolute. That being said, I'm not too surprised by my score based on how the questions were presented and how I had to answer them. My husband scored neo-con though I'm not sure of his exact results. Some of our political conversations can be quite interesting. I can see both sides of almost any issue, whereas he is very much black-and-white on most everything. We often have to agree to disagree. 

You are a center-left social moderate.

Left: 1.86, Libertarian: 0.22

Pages: 1 2