Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mid Season Jags top 5 needs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you think are the Jags top 5 needs mid way through the season.  I did one at the first quarter and now I want to do one at the half to see if it changes.  I will do one at the 3rd quarter and at the end of the year.  Just kind of curious to see how this thing plays out. 

Mine

1. FS

2. OLB

3. MLB

4. TE

5. OT

1.FS

2. MLB

3.OT

4.OG

5.TE
Not really seeing how fs is our number one need. Evans has played well this season.
FS - Evans is an ok player, but we need a ball hawk back there

RB- Denard is impressive, but I still think we could use another RB. One that can run, catch, and pass block.

OL - the current o-line is improving, but I'd like to see maybe another G or T taken in the draft.

LB - Maybe a pure OTTO type LB. Thomas and Smith are playing well, we could use one with some pass rushing ability.

DE or DT- depending on us keeping Roy Miller around. Regardless, we could definitely use an elite LEO.

I could also see us trying to get a true #1 WR, as a "suprise" draft pick. Shorts isn't being renewed, and Blackmon probably won't be with the team next year.

We could use a good, balanced TE as well. Not sure what the draft or free agency will provide though
DE

OT

TE

WR

LB
Quote:Not really seeing how fs is our number one need. Evans has played well this season.
Predator said it best.

"FS - Evans is an ok player, but we need a ball hawk back there"

I want a game changer at that position that can create turnovers
FS - (trade back in draft and take Colins)

MLB - 2nd round draft pick

CB - FA

LEO - FA

C - early draft pick 

TE - Julius Thomas will hit FA because Denver will prioritize Demarius.

TE

OLB

MLB

RT

LEO

RB
Quote:FS - (trade back in draft and take Colins)

MLB - 2nd round draft pick

CB - FA

LEO - FA

C - early draft pick 

TE - Julius Thomas will hit FA because Denver will prioritize Demarius.
Agreed, this has been my thought.  Trade back take Collins like you said and hopefully we get an extra 2nd.  Draft McKinney or Perryman in the 2nd and trade up with your other 2nd and take Shaq Thompson if any way possible.  Get Julius Thomas in FA also like you said

FS

TE

WLB

CB

Fast Deep Ball WR

RB

OL depth

DL depth
Quote:DE

OT

TE
<del>WR</del> I think we have that covered

LB

Allen Robinson has proven to be a reliable target. I'm willing to bank on either Hurns or Lee's development before spending another pick at the position. Hurns could easily become a true number one with proper coaching and time.

....and then we have the possibility of Blackmon......
Quote:FS

TE

WLB

CB

Fast Deep Ball WR

RB

OL depth

DL depth
It's really hard to limit to 5 lol
I'm stunned!  In the wake of yesterday's debacle, still nobody even puts QB in the top 5?

I'm not saying replace Bortles, or that I think he won't become "THE GUY", but if you pick the one position that's killing us right now, it's quarterback.  

Quote:FS

TE
WLB

CB

Fast Deep Ball WR

RB

OL depth

DL depth
I think Telvin will be full time WLB next season. 
Quote:I'm stunned!  In the wake of yesterday's debacle, still nobody even puts QB in the top 5?

I'm not saying replace Bortles, or that I think he won't become "THE GUY", but if you pick the one position that's killing us right now, it's quarterback.  

well the question was what you think will happen next year, not about who looked the worst yesterday, but I get what you mean.

I'm gonna go with:

TE.  

RB:  If Denard has 3-4 more 100 yard games this year, maybe it's not going to be such a need.  Still, I'd like to get a back that can run both inside and outside, that can break a long run, and that can pass protect.  

O-Line (I think we should draft a swing guard/center and a swing tackle) preferably in the mid rounds

Strongside Linebacker:  I haven't seen much positive from this position whether it was played by Reynolds or Watson.  JT Thomas did a decent job but he's clearly not what they envision their prototype "Otto" to be.

Defensive End.  Clemons isn't gonna get younger, and Branch is injured - it would be nice to get a stud pass-rusher to the already good and veteran group.
Quote:I think Telvin will be full time WLB next season.

I thought Telvin played the Strong side ?
Depends on how the rest of the year goes with the Oline, I still feel like we need better patch work on it.

But TE if we could land Thomas that would be cool I just dont want to overspend since I wonder how he will play without Peyton.

MLB and FS also need some early picks IMO.

FS

LT

RB

MLB

CB
Quote:Depends on how the rest of the year goes with the Oline, I still feel like we need better patch work on it.

But TE if we could land Thomas that would be cool I just dont want to overspend since I wonder how he will play without Peyton.

MLB and FS also need some early picks IMO.

I agree with this.

I think it may be safer to draft a TE. Would like to see some cap spent on oline and secondary
Tight End

SAM/OTTO

RB2

WR1

FS?

RB1?
Pages: 1 2