Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Questions and comments about the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What was the penalty on Miami that gave us a first down after an incomplete pass? Jerome Boger never called it and nobody saw a flag.

Does Josh Wells suck or just need some more experience? It was obvious we missed Luke Joeckel every time Blake Bortles was sacked.

Was the first pick 6 Cecil Shorts' fault? It looked similar to the one earlier this year where Allen Hurns ran too far and tried to come back.

Is something in the grass today to attract birds? CBS showed a pidgeon more times than I can count and Jaxson deVille trying to catch it.

Quote:What was the penalty on Miami that gave us a first down after an incomplete pass? Jerome Boger never called it and nobody saw a flag.

It was a penalty specifically made to even out the penalties, a la the NBA. 

Does Josh Wells suck or just need some more experience? It was obvious we missed Luke Joeckel every time Blake Bortles was sacked.

Josh Wells does not suck because he never played. It was actually Luke wearing a Josh Wells costume to hide his own horrible play. 

Was the first pick 6 Cecil Shorts' fault? It looked similar to the one earlier this year where Allen Hurns ran too far and tried to come back.

Yes the first pick six was on Shorts and the other one was on the pigeon. 

Is something in the grass today to attract birds? CBS showed a pidgeon more times than I can count and Jaxson deVille trying to catch it.

The pigeon was actually a special teams player from Miami. I'm surprised they weren't flagged for too many men on the field. 

Hope this helps...
The penalty was for a flagrant facial expression on the Dolphins. Per NFL rules, the refs aren't allowed to announce this penalty as it is bad for the league and is a PR nightmare.

Josh Wells doesn't suck. Joeckel told him to get beat repeatedly as he left the field so that he wouldn't show up a first round pick. Again, it's bad for the NFL and its image.

The pick six was CSIII's fault. See Josh Wells question response for explanation.

The grass does NOT attract birds. The Jags use a synthetic blend of grass and plastic. When the birds eat it, they are unable to process and die. PETA is all over the Jags regarding this issue. Stay tuned JW.
Was the second pick.....Bortles threw a back shoulder....Shorts went fade.

Penalty was illegal contact

Dear I saw, Bortles is in a regressive funk
didn't notice wells sucking too bad, because pazstor was getting rag dolled.

Come on guys, you know I am being dead serious and demand 100% honest answers, no joking allowed. If I wanted jokes I would post in the Sideline.

Quote:Come on guys, you know I am being dead serious and demand 100% honest answers, no joking allowed. If I wanted jokes I would post in the Sideline.

I was serious. 
I think everyone is being 100% honest
Quote:Was the second pick.....Bortles threw a back shoulder....Shorts went fade.

Penalty was illegal contact

Dear I saw, Bortles is in a regressive funk

John Oehser explained on Wednesday the apparent regression is just part of the learning curve, what we call growing pains for rookies. If he was a veteran we could call it regression, but not for a guy who only played in five games.

Quote:I didn't notice wells sucking too bad, because pazstor was getting rag dolled.

Josh Wells obviously caused at least two sacks by whiffing on the defensive end. I never heard anything about Austin Pasztor.
Quote:John Oehser explained on Wednesday the apparent regression is just part of the learning curve, what we call growing pains for rookies. If he was a veteran we could call it regression, but not for a guy who only played in five games.

Josh Wells obviously caused at least two sacks by whiffing on the defensive end. I never heard anything about Austin Pasztor.

Probably because Pasztor was hugging Wake like he hadn't seen him in years.
Quote:Probably because Pasztor was hugging Wake like he hadn't seen him in years.

I know Wake had a good day, But the stupid announcer did not say if it was just him being good or Pasztor being bad on any of them.
Quote:I know Wake had a good day, But the stupid announcer did not say if it was just him being good or Pasztor being bad on any of them.

Wake is good regardless of who he's up against. You shouldn't need a commentator to tell you that.
Quote:Come on guys, you know I am being dead serious and demand 100% honest answers, no joking allowed. If I wanted jokes I would post in the Sideline.

if you didnt understand sarcasm then you wouldnt know theyre being sarcastic.

im dead serious too
Quote:Wake is good regardless of who he's up against. You shouldn't need a commentator to tell you that.

That is why I don't think it was Austin Pasztor being bad - because I know Cameron Wake is a very good defensive end.
Quote:If you didn't understand sarcasm then you wouldn't know theyre being sarcastic.

I'm dead serious too.

I knew they were not serious because there is no way their comments can be true. The problem occurs when a statement looks/sounds like it must be a fact.
Quote:I was serious. 
you are a moron
Quote:you are a moron

this statement looks/sounds like it must be a fact.
Quote:this statement looks/sounds like it must be a fact.

Is there any question?
How did Luke Joeckel get hurt? CBS did not show any replays, just announced he is concussed.

Quote:How did Luke Joeckel get hurt? CBS did not show any replays, just announced he is concussed.

CBS didn't discuss or show a replay of the Shoelace facemask on the 40 yard run that was picked up.

They didn't show the pass to the right flat that should've been intentional grounding on Tanny

They didn't show a replay of Luke get his bell rung.

Any others I missed on the #becausejaguars telecast?
Pages: 1 2 3