Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: No More Excuses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Rookie mistakes or not, there's no denying that BB cost us this game today. And I still believe that he's the future of this franchise, and maybe even the NFL, but he has got to stop throwing INT's into these obvious shadow coverage's and phantom blitzes, if he is really serious about taking this team to the next level and beyond.

I know it's silly, tired, and worn out: but he gets a pass this year. Let's hope he can get all these mistakes out of his system this year and have them corrected going into next season. Really, that's all you can ask for.
No please let's hear the excuses after this game from Fake Botles

" just can't make those mistakes "

" I got to work on that "

Feel free to add!
He definitely has looked shaky these past two games. Like Jaglyn said he should get the rest of this year to improve, I will hold my judgement until then.
Does everyone remember that the coaches want Bortles to start a little later during the year to develop more?
This is why they wanted him to sit a year. It will be a roller coaster year for sure
Quote:This is why they wanted him to sit a year. It will be a roller coaster year for sure

I'm ok with roller coasters as long as there are some occasional ups as well.
Yeah he didnt help today. Still a rook with plenty of other rooks around him. Hoping things come together more as the season goes on.

Rookie WR had nothing to do with any of those ints but keep the excuse train rolling
He cost us the game, but all we can do is hope
Its like we've never seen a rookie qb before.

Which we havent, so you guys get a pass this year.

The thing is though, is that most, if not all of the coaches on the team wanted Bortles to sit for at-least a year in order to properly develop. Even I was a big supporter of this prior to the start of the season. But considering how bad Henne was playing, Gus and Caldwell had no other choice. You've got to wonder how these INT's and pick-6's are going to shape his confidence for the rest of the season including next season.

Rookie.
Yea hope people were wrong when they called him Blaine Gabbert 2.0
Quote:No please let's hear the excuses after this game from Fake Botles

" just can't make those mistakes "

" I got to work on that "

Feel free to add!

Do you even know what an excuse is? Neither of those are an example of an excuse. In fact, they are both true statements.
LOL, 3 rookies on the O-line, 3 rookie WR's, and people are still going to expect this team to win.  

Time for a reality checks folks, at best we're a 4-12 team again.   Give this offense another year to develop and they'll be much better next year. 

Quote:Yea hope people were wrong when they called him Blaine Gabbert 2.0

I wouldnt worry about that.
Quote:Yea hope people were wrong when they called him Blaine Gabbert 2.0

Blaine would have had half the INTs and a fifth of the yards and TDs.
True score
He's just a rookie but it wouldn't look nearly as bad if he'd just learn to throw the ball away. We were in position to score the first points and he throws a pick 6. The other one was just a force. Just can't do that.

Pages: 1 2 3