Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars have the #1 ranked defense in the NFL the last 2 weeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For points,ans they are 2nd in sacks with 22.

Credit Gus Bradley for this. And we dont have any house hold names.

The scheme is working. Omve we get a lock down corner and a FS, we will be even better.

Telvin Smith has sured up that linebacking core.
Let's hope we don't slip with the recent changes due to injury...

Leader in sacks is Clemons at 4. Sack numbers are spread out pretty evenly. We finally have a balanced pass rush. If only we had that elite pass rusher, the sack numbers would get ridiculous
Its coming!

FA or draft
We have the most tackles for a loss in the league as well.
We can absolutely shut down the run with BigRed, Marks, and Roy Miller. Poz has been great with his run fits, and Cyprien runs down hill.
Jags made some great signings in the off season. Fix up the secondary and the defense will stay on top for years to come.

Quote:Jags made some great signings in the off season. Fix up the secondary and the defense will stay on top for years to come.

When we start losing again people will cry that we never spend out cap and don't do anything in the off season!

Interesting how winning changes the approach to using statistics.
It has definitely been a different unit the past couple of weeks. Hopefully the Poz injury doesn't set us way back. We knew he wasn't going to last forever though. It's a good opportunity to see if JT can work it out in a starting role or if we'll have to maybe find someone in the draft or FA.

I've always been a Poz supporter. But it's funny to see how everyone here goes from "Poz sucks!" To "we're screwed!" When he gets hurt.

That being said. This defense is coming together nicely. Can't wait for Colvin
Thank you Bortles. With us being able to sustain drives, defense is fresh, mistakes are not made as often. We still have to find replacements for the d line soon, time is running out for Bryant and Clemmons with both being 30+, hope both can play at a high level for a few more years
I thought this a fitting thread to link this article. Hoyer, Buwwaaaaaaaa!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...just-angry

To be fair, we've played a couple of bad offenses the last couple weeks.  Cleveland was without their best lineman last weekend.  This weekend will be a real test with a QB playing well and a good running game.

I hope Marks just goes off this weekend.  He's been our best defensive player and I can't wait to see what he can do this weekend.

Quote:Thank you Bortles. With us being able to sustain drives, defense is fresh, mistakes are not made as often. We still have to find replacements for the d line soon, time is running out for Bryant and Clemmons with both being 30+, hope both can play at a high level for a few more years

Between Gus and Caldwell, I don't expect them to have any issue finding players for all positions on the D in the draft and FA. As far as identifying talent on that side of the ball, they've both earned the benefit of the doubt in my eyes.
Quote:I thought this a fitting thread to link this article. Hoyer, Buwwaaaaaaaa!!

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000415792/article/brian-hoyer-on-poor-jaguars-outing-im-just-angry'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000415792/article/brian-hoyer-on-poor-jaguars-outing-im-just-angry</a>

"Even my wife doesn't want to be around me" hahahahahaha
I was debating putting the Jags defense in this week instead of the Seahawks.  Seahawks don't get you any points on fantasy this whole year.  I got a whopping 1 point, and before that, they were negative.

Jags overall are playing like I expected them to play when the season started. Losing Poz and Branch will hurt. Branch was a good part of our rotation, and in the lightning package
Could this be similar to last season where we string together a couple wins?

If Bortles limits his mistakes. And we continue to see running lanes opening for whoever is in the backfield.........

We can have a great defense and still lose games.... Not everyone is the Browns.

Miami is winnable. Their run game hasn't been the same without Moreno, though Miller and Tannehill are playing pretty well.

Miami's D VS our O is what I'll be watching. We have to make strides offensively.

After the start of this season I think a lot of people would be excited to make it to 6 wins.

We've seen signs of life on offense and our D has improved what seems like every week.

We could be spoil makers for teams trying to make the postseason or improve their seeding. We could be the team nobody wants to play in weeks 15-17.

Any sort of regressing in this game with Miami and I have no doubt the pitchforks will come back out though.

I could see us "upsetting" Miami. Playing the Bengals and Cowboys close, but losing likely.

Take a bye and come back and win 4 of the last 7. 

Miller and Tannahill have been playing pretty great for the past month. Hot offense vs hot defense this week. Hope there isn't too much of a drop off after losing two starters. Isn't the Poz's season over now with a torn pec?
Tannehill strikes me as a guy that still needs a strong running game in order to play well. I have no doubt the defense can slow down Miller, he's the kind of back we excel against - not real shifty, just hits his holes and goes.

Anyway, back to the topic - I am sure the defense won't get lined up quite as smoothly as before, but I like JT Thomas' physical traits, and I'm hoping Watson is a little more prepared to play now than he was at the start of the season.

Also, I really hope they don't move Ryan Davis to DE in the lightning package. Let Chris Smith take Branch's spot there and keep Davis at DT, where he is a straight up killer. In the base front, play Davis at end.

Pages: 1 2 3