Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A Question For You
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you were ever banned from the board, would you come back afterward? A strange question maybe but one I've thought about over the past couple years with a certain poster getting banned again. And again. And again.

I don't know, call me crazy but if I ever got banned from this place, I'd have the decency to just go away and realize I'm not really wanted. For a guy who preaches about the downfall of society and lack of morals, I find it more than a tad ironic that he keeps coming back time and again after showing a complete lack of self-control and getting banned over and over.

Would you guys keep coming back after a ban or just display a little bit of dignity and go away quietly? I would do the latter. I'd be humiliated and embarrassed to keep coming back. I know of one poster who disagrees.
I got suspended for 3 days (I think that's what it was).  I came back and right now have a couple of warnings.  In my case though, I think that there was a "disconnect" between me and the mods that take care of this board.  I'm not going to sit here and say that I didn't deserve my "punishment", but sometimes things can get out of control in certain areas of this forum.

That being said, regarding the certain poster that you are referring to, I don't know that I would label that person as "not really wanted".  Yes I disagree with that certain poster on most subjects, especially the football related ones, but that person is just expressing his/her opinion.

For the most part, this board is "anonymous".  Some of us "know" one another only by what we post on here.  There are others that know one another personally in real life, not the "cyber-life".

When I got my suspension, it really didn't bother me.  Sure, during football season this message board is kind of a "habit" for me and I enjoy reading and offering my own comments on a wide range of subjects, but it isn't like this message board has anything to do with my life.  If I get a suspension or banned, I certainly wouldn't feel "humiliated" or "embarrassed".  I would learn from my mistake of breaking the rules and not repeat it again.

I guess this subject is just something that shows my age.  I still believe in "personal relationships" over social media, and yes, I think that a message board on the internet qualifies as social media.  This board is not a "clique" or a "social club" so I don't think that there is anyone that participates that is "wanted" or "not wanted".  It's just a social media outlet.

So to answer your question, yes if I got banned or suspended I would come back and participate.

Glad he's gone.. Been reading his agenda driven drivel (schtick) since I signed up on here years ago.. It was old then, it's old now.. 

So long fry man.. Use the time wisely and move out of the parents basement.. 

My life would be empty.  *sniff*  I luv you guys.

Quote:Glad he's gone.. Been reading his agenda driven drivel (schtick) since I signed up on here years ago.. It was old then, it's old now.. 

So long fry man.. Use the time wisely and move out of the parents basement..

Oh don't worry, he'll be back soon spewing his agenda-riddled posts everywhere and hijacking every thread in sight.

He's on his Gus-Must-Be-Fired tirade now and it won't go away until he's fired, even if it's eight years from now.
Quote:My life would be empty.  *sniff*  I luv you guys.

My wife gets Jelly of this place.
Quote:My wife gets Jelly of this place.

She can come hang out with us too! She will fit right in!! :yes:
I read this board for like 8 years before I ever posted. I'd probably just go back to reading. It really depends on what I was banned for.
I wouldn't be embarrassed...if you worry about what people on the Internet think of you, you've got bigger problems than just embarrassment. :yes:
I was suspended once, from a Saturday night to the next Monday morning. That was before the warning policy changed to not suspend first-time offenders. When I could post again, my first thread was a warning to everyone about illegal live online streaming of football games with a special message to people living in the Tampa area.

The only time I thought about not coming back was when I could not log in because of a password problem even Brandon could not fix. I still use a temporary password to stay logged in. If there was another Jaguars message board I liked better, I would have jumped ship and never looked back.

Quote:I read this board for like 8 years before I ever posted. I'd probably just go back to reading. It really depends on what I was banned for.

How did you manage to read it for eight years without registering? I can't even read a forum for one day without wanting to post a reply in multiple threads.
Sure.  And if you dislike the person you're talking about so much... why not just put them on ignore?  Is it really that hard to do?  If he bothers you so much that you don't want him here, then there's a simple solution.  

Of course you won't do it.  You'll say that other people respond to them.  Well guess what -- you can ignore it without an ignore feature!  It's relatively easy to do.

Heck, where else are you really going to find a community of Jags fans?  Especially for us out-of-staters.  

Quote:Sure.  And if you dislike the person you're talking about so much... why not just put them on ignore?  Is it really that hard to do?  If he bothers you so much that you don't want him here, then there's a simple solution.  

Of course you won't do it.  You'll say that other people respond to them.  Well guess what -- you can ignore it without an ignore feature!  It's relatively easy to do.

Heck, where else are you really going to find a community of Jags fans?  Especially for us out-of-staters.

I am ignoring a few people, but they are really annoying and often say things I don't think belong here. The Mad Dog is not like them; he simply disagrees with most of us on a lot of things. What drives me crazy actually is other people criticizing him to the point that threads get off topic instead of TMD himself.

It is not just for out of state people. My disabilities prevent me from making friends locally, so I could live in the middle of Jacksonville and still need this MB to socialize.
wouldn't bother me. I pretty much am a reader more than anything. I post occasionally because quite frankly I find it somewhat lamish to spend a drastic amount of time on a board. That is with all due respect to FBT and any other posters who spend a considerable amount of time on this board. I've been on the board 8 years and average a ridiculously low amount of posts. 

I would probably come back as a reader. It would suck though not to be able to participate, but that's what you deserve if you get banned.

Funny, I actually got banned from one of the SB Nation sites (not BCC) last week for an offensive comment. I had received a warning earlier in the year for a similar comment, which I can admit was a pretty dumb comment on my part, and I said something I didn't think would be taken serious but it was. They removed my comment and I was stupid enough to complain about it because, again, I didn't think it was all that offensive. But whatever. They banned me from the site and it sucks because I participated a lot on that website. It sucks going on there now and reading but not being able to have an opinion. But that's all my fault. Hopefully one day they'll let me back.

As for this board, I remember receiving a warning on my very first post for filtering a bad word. lol. That was way back in 2009 when I joined. Since then, though, I haven't received any warnings and I've been well behaved. I have a solid reputation on here. No need to screw it up.

Quote:I was suspended once, from a Saturday night to the next Monday morning. That was before the warning policy changed to not suspend first-time offenders. When I could post again, my first thread was a warning to everyone about illegal live online streaming of football games with a special message to people living in the Tampa area.

The only time I thought about not coming back was when I could not log in because of a password problem even Brandon could not fix. I still use a temporary password to stay logged in. If there was another Jaguars message board I liked better, I would have jumped ship and never looked back.

I would love to know what you got a warning for.
Quote:I would love to know what you got a warning for.

Posting a link for a streaming game I believe.
Quote:I read this board for like 8 years before I ever posted. I'd probably just go back to reading. It really depends on what I was banned for.

I also read it for a long time before joining.  I found there was enough real football talk to get me interested in posting.

The pooch is banned again??? Really? What on earth gets him kicked to the curb so often? What did he do now? He must have violated every rule by now...and still? smh...just dont get it

Anyone who is dumb enough to get banned is likely too dumb to stay away. It is ridiculously hard to get banned permanently, you have to be incredibly hard headed.

Pages: 1 2 3