Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ITS GOING TO CHANGE QUICKLY....! The JAGS ARE BACK !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1) Coughlin is back, as VP of Football Operations. Let us go back and remember under Coughlin, he build and took the Jags to the AFC championship game in the 2nd YEAR !!! Hes going to do it ONCE again, but quicker. Tom will get us the O-Line, something we havent had in 4 years under Gus.Coughlin knows it starts in the TRENCHES !!!  LOOK AT PICK NUMBER 4 to be on the O-LINE !!!!

2) Marron is not a bad move, The team looked and played way better under Marrone, hes sticker Hes not the Rah Rah pom pom coach, He down to business and means it. He will use the talent way different then Gus did. The Talent is here, IT just needs tpo be used correctly, to the players strengths, Not a system you want !!! Some have said Marrone is the next Billicheck..LETS HOPE SO...I was not so sure of Marrone till i seen what he did in st 2 weeks with this team after Gus. They looked better prepared, ready to play, Playing to win, not to lose.

3) Blake will be the QB, He was far better under Marrone, Plus he had shoulder injury last year also that affected him, He comes back Healthy, and gets a O-Line finally, and time to look and survey the field, WATCH OUT hes going to be a great QB !!! Hes never had an O-line, to set behind, be comfortable...Look at Rodgers and Ben in Pitts they can sit back there forever. Its no wonder there  great, there protected, Protect Blake or any QB, they are going to be good. 

4) This is going to be surprising and a shock, From last to FST in 2017-2018, GET READY, its going to happen, The talents is here, just has not been used.

Yay, Super Bowl win in 2018, I'm hyped.
Make it rain in FA.
What a marron

It's officially the offseason for the Jags, they hype train is full speed ahead!

Offseason champs since foreverrrrrrrr!

Bortles was stinking up the joint long before the shoulder got dinged.

That said, he did make some actual NFL quality throws in the last 2 games, and it didn't look accidental.  Hopefully he can turn it around.  

There isn't an o-linemen worth taking at 4. So that isn't going to happen. Although, they hired garbage at head coach so it is clear we are trying to beat out the browns for biggest joke in the NFL. 

Quote:Bortles was stinking up the joint long before the shoulder got dinged.

That said, he did make some actual NFL quality throws in the last 2 games, and it didn't look accidental. Hopefully he can turn it around.

As bad as bortles was viewed this season, he still would have set Jaguars passing records had he not already set them in 2015
Quote:There isn't an o-linemen worth taking at 4. So that isn't going to happen. Although, they hired garbage at head coach so it is clear we are trying to beat out the browns for biggest joke in the NFL.

My God, you're annoying. I guess I'll entertain you though. What makes Marrone garbage? And who did you want as coach? There is no other candidate out there that you can say has been more successful at head coach besides Mike Smith.
I think the culture will change dramatically. With a new head coach under contract for several years, the team leader won't be hesitant to sit an injured quarterback and will permit the 2nd string guy to play while Bortles heals. I tend to think a lot of Blake's poor throws were the result of a dead arm.

I also think O-line will be the main focus in the draft. I think Tom will encourage Doug to allow the secondary to make plays instead of sticking to protecting the outfield. Tom likes to have a strong running game, and he likes perfection. Every play. No mistakes.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

They're coming out of the woodwork.
I think things will change dramatically and quickly, dunno how quickly that will actually translate to a playoff birth but I think the culture will change fast.  Some players will be able to adapt to that but others won't.  Bortles is a big question mark. I was ready to write him off this year but the news of his injuries combined with his performance in 2015 and in the last two games gives me hope.  Dude definitely has some talent.  

The defense made huge strides in 2016 but you wonder if a new system will impact that.  I suspect we'll see a fall off defensively in the Marrone's first year but hopefully not outrageously.  I'm looking at it positively.  I have before but this is as big a change as firing Smith and hiring Caldwell was.

I love the optimism of the OP! I'm drinking the Kool-Aid too but not that Blake Bortles flavor--I had to come off that last year as it was giving me ulcers. TC and Marrone may be able to make him a game manager but long term, he is not a franchise qb.   

Quote:As bad as bortles was viewed this season, he still would have set Jaguars passing records had he not already set them in 2015
This should tell you how meaningless those numbers are
Quote:This should tell you how meaningless those numbers are
why you say that?
Quote:why you say that?

3-13, <span style="font-size:14px;">With a much better defense in 2016 then 2015, and still couldn't even match 2015's win total.</span>
Quote:3-13, <span style="font-size:14px;">With a much better defense in 2016 then 2015, and still couldn't even match 2015's win total.</span>

You really don't think Bortles being so horrible contributed to that?
Quote:You really don't think Bortles being so horrible contributed to that?
my question to you is Blake the only person who contributed to the 3-13 record or can we also put A-Rob one trick pony , Hurns(drops), Thomas (lack of motivation), the run blocking of the offensive line, Ivory(injury prone), Yeldon(overrated as a feature back) and the defense in ability to hold on to 4 quarter leads have contribute to the record as well but i get it Blake is the easy hanging fruit so it's so easy to blame just him. 
Plenty of blame to go around last season for sure.....something tells me 2017 is going to be way different.

Going to be fun to sit back and watch things unfold.

Pages: 1 2