Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Roster Moves (Countdown to the release of Henne)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys.

So what roster moves do you want to see this off-season? What roster moves do you think NEED to happen?

Also, how many days till the release of Chad Henne? I'm ready for a actual backup QB. One that can take over if Bortles goes bonkers.

Your thoughts?

Hold up.  I thought Henne started this season.  That was Bortles the whole time??? :blink:

It's definitely time to move on from Henne.

We need to improve RT and RG (so Cann can go back to LG).

We need to improve at SS.

We need another impact pass rusher.

That's... about it, honestly, assuming Bortles turns it around.

We're not fixing Starting QB this year any other way.

We need a dominant pass rusher. We need a QB. We need Safety and Oline help.
Quote:It's definitely time to move on from Henne.

We need to improve RT and RG (so Cann can go back to LG).

We need to improve at SS.

We need another impact pass rusher.

That's... about it, honestly, assuming Bortles turns it around.

We're not fixing Starting QB this year any other way.

I would add FB to this list... I really hope we bring the FB back to our roster.

Offensively:

Address back up QB.

Bring in a RB, although I think what we have is good enough provided there's a philosophical adjustment to actually develop a running game.

Definitely add a FB.

Definitely acquire atleast 3-4 OL in the draft and in free agency. We need depth and atleast one new starter at LG/RG.

TE should be good, whether we keep Thomas or not. I liked what Sterling and Koyack showed in limited time. WR is good.

New special teams coach. Please. Meyers struggled those last two weeks, but was solid otherwise. Better coaching will mean better special teams.

Defensively:

Need atleast one more edge rusher, preferably a veteran but not opposed to one in the 1st round. Coughlin believes in building through the trenches, so I bet we go DL with the first pick. We could use a DT to team with Malik too.

Secondary. If we don't keep Prince, we need a #2 CB. SS needs to be addressed for sure. Cyp sucks in general, but if we go more cover 2, Cyp is a terrible fit for that.

Our defense is really only a couple players away. I think Fowler Can Be An asset, Being utilized as a jack of all trades type of player. I think he could play SLB, and be blitzed/rushed from all over the place. Let's see what Wash does with him.
Quote:I would add FB to this list... I really hope we bring the FB back to our roster.

Offensively:

Address back up QB.

Bring in a RB, although I think what we have is good enough provided there's a philosophical adjustment to actually develop a running game.

Definitely add a FB.

Definitely acquire atleast 3-4 OL in the draft and in free agency. We need depth and atleast one new starter at LG/RG.

TE should be good, whether we keep Thomas or not. I liked what Sterling and Koyack showed in limited time. WR is good.

New special teams coach. Please. Meyers struggled those last two weeks, but was solid otherwise. Better coaching will mean better special teams.

Defensively:

Need atleast one more edge rusher, preferably a veteran but not opposed to one in the 1st round. Coughlin believes in building through the trenches, so I bet we go DL with the first pick. We could use a DT to team with Malik too.

Secondary. If we don't keep Prince, we need a #2 CB. SS needs to be addressed for sure. Cyp sucks in general, but if we go more cover 2, Cyp is a terrible fit for that.

Our defense is really only a couple players away. I think Fowler Can Be An asset, Being utilized as a jack of all trades type of player. I think he could play SLB, and be blitzed/rushed from all over the place. Let's see what Wash does with him.

I agree. 

I really want to get a FB in here.
Everybody is wanting Henne gone.....ha! Dude don't even play. He has no effect on the outcome of any games.

He's the last of my worries. We need to be worried about the starting QB.

.... (sarcasm) hey guys, I'm counting down the days until the release of our Backup Right Tackle.
Lewis be gone as well.  Tom wont stand for that.  And his excuses. 

"that"?

Quote:"that"?
Lewis and his laid back culture.  He will be in for a serious culture shock!  On the Jaguars football team.  

Lewis as in Mercedes? He's staying. And if they release him it won't be because he's laid back.
Gotta have a real backup QB, that the coaches are not afraid to put in the game, for those times when Blake's arm/wrist/shoulder goes limp. And there will be deterioration. I think management has been afraid to put anyone in not named Bortles. Henne obviously isn't going to help this team. Dead weight. Sign someone you trust to take at least a couple of snaps when necessary, and that will keep Bortles from binge drinking for fear of losing the starting job.

Draft a competent RB, move Ivory to 2nd String, Grant to 3rd String, Yeldon to 4th String.

Cut JT, look to find TE's that contribute, and break a tackle or two.

Oh, and there is a guy on the roster name Myles Jack. We should try and get him on the field. Maybe find a permanent position for him to play. I heard he is good.
My prediction...... Henne will still be the backup QB for the 2017 season.

Quote:Gotta have a real backup QB, that the coaches are not afraid to put in the game, for those times when Blake's arm/wrist/shoulder goes limp. And there will be deterioration. I think management has been afraid to put anyone in not named Bortles. Henne obviously isn't going to help this team. Dead weight. Sign someone you trust to take at least a couple of snaps when necessary, and that will keep Bortles from binge drinking for fear of losing the starting job.

Draft a competent RB, move Ivory to 2nd String, Grant to 3rd String, Yeldon to 4th String.

Cut JT, look to find TE's that contribute, and break a tackle or two.

Oh, and there is a guy on the roster name Myles Jack. We should try and get him on the field. Maybe find a permanent position for him to play. I heard he is good.

I totally agree.

Quote:My prediction...... Henne will still be the backup QB for the 2017 season.

Thats crazy. That can't happen. I'd take Brandon Allen over Henne. I dont understand the love for Henne with this organization. 

Henne is scheduled to make 3 million this year. That backup QB easy life.

Quote:Henne is scheduled to make 3 million this year. That backup QB easy life.
He will be gone soon.  And Kap won't step foot in Jax.  Unless his team plays the Jaguars.   For the others wondering. 

We can't get rid of Henne.

He's essential to the growth of Blake Bortles and the offensive game. Henne's experience is extremely invaluable. He knows the system and how to handle the pressure of being a professional athlete.
Quote: 

Thats crazy. That can't happen. I'd take Brandon Allen over Henne. I dont understand the love for Henne with this organization. 

I don't understand anything the Jags have done the last couple of days, so it would just be par for the course.
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=Jaguars'>[Image: ir6RE1ev_normal.jpg]</a>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=Jaguars' title="Jacksonville Jaguars">Jacksonville Jaguars</a> <span>@Jaguars </span>
<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div>The <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> have signed second-year OL Colin Kelly to a reserve/future contract. Kelly, 6-5, 298, has spent time with CHI, SF & KC.
</div>
CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Pages: 1 2 3