Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trade Deadline quickly approaching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The trade deadline is Oct 28 and it looks like we will be officially out of contention when that date rolls around. Wallbash

Should Dave Caldwell be looking to actively shop some of our current players for draft picks to teams needing to solidify their roster for a playoff push? We were able to get a 4th and 5th round pick for Monroe last year. This year's players such as Shorts and Poz could be potential trade candidates.

On the flip side, should Caldwell be attempting a trade to bring in more talent? We are in dire need of a running back. Should Caldwell attempt to go after CJ Spiller who is in his final year of his contract, and like the Ravens in last year's trade of Monroe, try him out on a "rental basis"?
I would absolutely trade Poz for picks or a pick plus a younger player to develop.

Quote:The trade deadline is Oct 28 and it looks like we will be officially out of contention when that date rolls around. Wallbash

Should Dave Caldwell be looking to actively shop some of our current players for draft picks to teams needing to solidify their roster for a playoff push? We were able to get a 4th and 5th round pick for Monroe last year. This year's players such as Shorts and Poz could be potential trade candidates.

On the flip side, should Caldwell be attempting a trade to bring in more talent? We are in dire need of a running back. Should Caldwell attempt to go after CJ Spiller who is in his final year of his contract, and like the Ravens in last year's trade of Monroe, try him out on a "rental basis"?

I don't think anyone is going to trade for Poz because of that contract, Shorts might have some value if he has a good game against the Browns.
I'd actually like to see us use some mid-round picks to trade for talent at a place of weakness.  A 5th-7th for someone who could be on this team for a few years.  I'm not sure how deep this next draft will be, and we've always got so many rookies starting.  The team has plenty of youth.  If we could find a stop gap at one of the weaker positions on the O-line or on Defense, that'd be nice.  I'm not expecting it though, because there's not necessarily a good trade out there. 

We don't have any extra picks for next year yet, so I wouldn't mind trying to add a few with some trades of veterans for draft picks. (if possible) 

Quote:I would absolutely trade Poz for picks or a pick plus a younger player to develop.

Seriously doubt anybody wants that ridiculous salary.
No trades will happen.

Shorts and Spiller are in similar situations.  Pull that player for player trade.

Home for Shorts is only 3 hours away from Buffalo, so there's that too.

I would definitely like to see Poz get traded for a player and picks.

Quote:Shorts and Spiller are in similar situations.  Pull that player for player trade.

Home for Shorts is only 3 hours away from Buffalo, so there's that too.

I'd rather have a pick. Spiller hasn't been impressive in a long time. 
Quote:I would definitely like to see Poz get traded for a player and picks.

Soooooo he's not good enough to play here even tho we are 0-6, but another team is going to trade a good player and draft picks for him? Then, we can have another thread about how we don't have any veterans and ask for leadership change.

Sigh
Quote:I would definitely like to see Poz get traded for a player and picks.

As much as I would like to see it also, his contract would require us to give up more with him to get a partner to trade for Poz.  He's just too expensive.

Honestly I don't think Shorts is going to have the value that some people here think.  He's in the last year of his contract and has fought injuries the last two years.  He's somewhat reliable on the field when he's healthy, but nothing somebody would look at and say "I gotta have that."

Although I never expected Monroe to be traded last season and I didn't expect the Bortles pick either.  So what do I know about Caldwell?
No one is going to give up anything for Poz with that contract. Likewise, I doubt anyone would give up much of anything for an 8-10 game rental on Shorts, who's had a hard time staying on the field this year anyway.

There aren't a lot of guys who hold enough value to be worth trading away. Maybe we can package Gerhart and Henne for a ham sandwich. Doesn't have to be Boar's Head; Sam's Choice ham will do.

Maybe the Patriots would like to trade for Shorts. Granted they wouldn't give more than a 6th for him probably. I would try to get a 3rd but would be happy with a 4th for him. But due to injury concerns I only see a 5th or 6th.
Quote:Soooooo he's not good enough to play here even tho we are 0-6, but another team is going to trade a good player and draft picks for him? Then, we can have another thread about how we don't have any veterans and ask for leadership change.

Sigh

But you would rather see him continuously attempt to chase down ball carriers with his superior speed? Or him locking down the middle of the field? What about him filling running lanes on cutback attempts? He is great at doing that.

He is un-atheletic and slow. Can cant move in tight space and he cant get the angle on the tackle.

Its like watching a basic model Chevy cobalt chase down Corvettes.
Only person we have with any real trade value, is the one person we shouldn't want to trade 

Let's trade Bortles for 3 1st round picks!

nobody is trading for Poz... stop it

It looks like the Giants are looking for a WR with Cruz's season ending injury and Mike Williams name has came up.

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-gi...e-williams

Could Shorts be an option for them?
Quote:It looks like the Giants are looking for a WR with Cruz's season ending injury and Mike Williams name has came up.

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-gi...e-williams

Could Shorts be an option for them?

what would they be giving us in return?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5