Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How good are the Texans?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right now the Texans are 3-3. So far I have only seen them play against the Colts in Week 6. Are they better or worse than their record?

I'd have to say better. Gave the colts the win by not showing up for the first quarter and we took the cowgirls into OT. Texans should have won both of those games.

Once the Texans get the O down I expect better play.

That being said not having a legit QB is going to screw us in the long run.

So far so good on Bortles for you guys. Looks like he might be your answer at QB.

I kind of think the Texans could be better than their record.  What hurts them is not having a good QB.

As Bill Parcells used to say......you are what your record is. 

Quote:As Bill Parcells used to say......you are what your record is. 

Most inaccurate cliche ever..... 

New coaches,new system and new players. Yeah...they're gonna work together like a well established team.
Quote:As Bill Parcells used to say......you are what your record is. 

He was dead wrong about that. We can be called one of the two worst teams in the NFL because of our record, but should be called the second-worst team because of 3rd and 2 with 12 seconds left.

Quote:He was dead wrong about that. We can be called one of the two worst teams in the NFL because of our record, but should be called the second-worst team because of 3rd and 2 with 12 seconds left.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood
Had aneurysm yet?
I just wonder how they would be with a real QB playing for them... Or what they plan to do next off season...

Quote:I just wonder how they would be with a real QB playing for them... Or what they plan to do next off season...

I find it interesting that people continue to say this.

While, obviously Fitzpatrick isn't the best QB, I don't think he's as bad as people claim for him to be. Of course they could upgrade, but I don't see him being a "joke" QB either. Especially in the games I've seen...

I think the Texans have bigger worries than QB, IMO.
Quote:I find it interesting that people continue to say this.

While, obviously Fitzpatrick isn't the best QB, I don't think he's as bad as people claim for him to be. Of course they could upgrade, but I don't see him being a "joke" QB either. Especially in the games I've seen...

I think the Texans have bigger worries than QB, IMO.

Do you thin he is an upgrade over Matt Schaub?
Quote:Do you thin he is an upgrade over Matt Schaub?

I think they're very similar IMO.
The AFC south after a promising start is looking bad again outside of the colts
The Texans are a .500 team with a .750 roster and a .250 quarterback.

Quote:The Texans are a .500 team with a .750 roster and a .250 quarterback.

No they're not. They played 7 games.
Goes to show why a defensive player cannot be MVP. As great as Watt is he cannot have the impact on wins like Luck or Rivers. And why you always must have a franchise QB!
Texans have talent, but they don't have the quarterback. I hope they never find one.
Quote:No they're not. They played 7 games.

The statement is qualitative, not quantitative. How many games they've played is irrelevant.
J.J. Watt is the most dominant Defensive player in the NFL.   But this is a team that needs help at many positions on both sides of the ball both in terms of the present and the future.  Based on what I saw in their national TV games against the Colts and Steelers,   the Texans are a long way from getting back to being a major contender in the AFC.   I'll be surprised if they end up in the playoffs this season. 

Quote:J.J. Watt is the most dominant Defensive player in the NFL.   But this is a team that needs help at many positions on both sides of the ball both in terms of the present and the future.  Based on what I saw in their national TV games against the Colts and Steelers,   the Texans are a long way from getting back to being a major contender in the AFC.   I'll be surprised if they end up in the playoffs this season. 

Houston is probably the first team to give up 24 points in one quarter two straight weeks. Didn't Mike Tirico say something about that? Even worse, on Monday night they did it in just three minutes.
Pages: 1 2