Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Robinson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
....is quietly having a nice stretch of games. 

I'd like to see him make some plays further downfield, but he does seem like he might be a volume type of pass catcher. The important thing is when the ball gets to his catch radius, he usually does catch it. His efficiency is pretty good in terms of his target to catch ratio. 

I think he's caught more than 4 passes in every game since week 2 and more than 5 passes for 3 straight weeks. 

Its nice when draft picks seem to be working out. 

Quote:....is quietly having a nice stretch of games.

I'd like to see him make some plays further downfield, but he does seem like he might be a volume type of pass catcher. The important thing is when the ball gets to his catch radius, he usually does catch it. His efficiency is pretty good in terms of his target to catch ratio.

I think he's caught more than 4 passes in every game since week 2 and more than 5 passes for 3 straight weeks.

He had a very impressive stretch in the 2nd half vs Pitt, and showed some more flashes against the tacks.

We may have a good one on our hands. Especially if we can somehow compliment him with a deep threat.
Quote:He had a very impressive stretch in the 2nd half vs Pitt, and showed some more flashes against the tacks.

We may have a good one on our hands. Especially if we can somehow compliment him with a deep threat.

Well, both Lee and Hurns have hit home run TD's over the top this year (albeit Lee's was in pre season)...but agreed
He looks pretty good. Hope he develops and takes some longer catches, a reliable 3rd down target though.

Bortles 3rd down efficiency is elite especially considering the lack of run game and talent around him
Looks to be a nice sure fire possession guy. He struggles separating down field though. Lee, Hurns, or Shorts is going to have to help keep the safeties honest on deep routes.
Possession receiver with no TD's. Good to have on your team as a safety net for Bortles when you need a 1st down.

Quote:Looks to be a nice sure fire possession guy. He struggles separating down field though. Lee, Hurns, or Shorts is going to have to help keep the safeties honest on deep routes.

....which is odd because he seems to do a pretty good job getting separation/ open in the shorter routes
My fave play of his this week was when Bortles threw him high, he went up to get it and split the two defenders for a few more yards of YAC.

Nice effort there.
Robinson is a big reason why Bortles has success converting 3rd downs. Shorts did well yesterday helping, but Robinson has been doing it the last few weeks. Robinson has reliable hands. I imagine he will get better at getting separation next seasom.

I like Robinson, and I think once Lee is completely healthy, he will take the top off the defense one of these games.
Quote:Robinson is a big reason why Bortles has success converting 3rd downs. Shorts did well yesterday helping, but Robinson has been doing it the last few weeks. Robinson has reliable hands. I imagine he will get better at getting separation next seasom.

I like Robinson, and I think once Lee is completely healthy, he will take the top off the defense one of these games.

Yeah, Shorts was actually pretty important on 3rd down yesterday too. He converted at least three of those 3rd down receptions for 1st downs in the 2nd half. 
Robinson and Blackmon on the outside works for me because they compliment each other. I don't like Lee. Seems like a flake who won't work out in the long run.

Quote:Robinson and Blackmon on the outside works for me because they compliment each other. I don't like Lee. Seems like a flake who won't work out in the long run.

Anyone + Blackmon on the outside works because he's simply that good.....however, he and Robinson are more similar than Robinson + Lee. 
Quote:Anyone + Blackmon on the outside works because he's simply that good.....however, he and Robinson are more similar than Robinson + Lee. 
Robinson and Blackmon are similar is what you're saying? I don't agree with that. Only similarity they have is they both aren't burners.
Robinson has a lot of potential.  The thing he needs to work on for next year is fighting for the ball while in stride.  He's great at fighting for the ball when he's face up with the quarterback, but he needs to work on his feet to be able to come back or change directions to fight for a ball when he's in full stride.

He has a nice future in Jacksonville.

Quote:Robinson and Blackmon are similar is what you're saying? I don't agree with that. Only similarity they have is they both aren't burners.

They are both stronger,sure handed WR's that are money from 10-15 yards but neither are serious deep threats or haven't broken out in that realm yet. Blackmon does have a few longer TD's but the intermediate game is his bread & butter. 

Lee OTOH does have some over the top/ deep play skill set. He showed it already in the pre season. 

Quote:Robinson and Blackmon are similar is what you're saying? I don't agree with that. Only similarity they have is they both aren't burners.

I think they are pretty similar.  Both have large catch radius' and are very strong and break tackles.  Robinson has slightly better hands.  Blackmon has better feet and balance though. 
I like how Robinson, in the face of being tackled by one or more defenders, will still dive forward for an extra yard or two it seems like every time.  As much as you might expect every receiver in the league to do that after a catch I can't say that I see it all that often but with Robinson I'm noticing it almost every time.

I think he's the closest thing to Blackmon that we have. I think he's probably our best receiver at this point. Really remarkable how he's come on considering he had no offseason.

Quote:....is quietly having a nice stretch of games. 

He's already passed Reggie Williams' output for the entire 2003 season in terms of catches and yards, and is 6receptions away from surpassing Matt Jones.
Sanders has the Jaguars record for receptions at 51, Robinson has 30 already in six games. He'll break our record in the next few games. I'm a huge fan of Caldwell considering he's drafted players like Bortles, Robinson, Cyprien, McCray, and Sanders. I think players like Joeckel, Storm, Telvin Smith, Lee, and Colvin will pan out as well. Allen Robinson has looked like the best of the bunch not named Bortles
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6