Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Josh Scobee upset about field goal attempt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Didnt know if anyone posted this?  Scobee doesnt usually get too upset but he was furious yesterday!

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...fg-attempt

Quote:"I was ready. The refs screwed me," Scobee said. "The play clock was running down. They didn’t have the right ball out there and I’m screaming at them to put the right ball in there and run the [play] clock back up. They do it with three seconds left and then they restart it.

"We’re all out of whack. It was amateur."

Resetting the play clock meant the Jaguars didn’t have to rush to snap the ball, but Scobee said the timing still felt off.

"That’s affects the rhythm," he said. "There’s no rhythm whatsoever and that’s what’s crap."

I agree with every bit of what Scobee had to say.  It is about a rhythm, just like in basketball shooting a free throw.  Oh well

If we're not going to spend to the cap, could we at least pay the refs?
Quote:If we're not going to spend to the cap, could we at least pay the refs?
Maybe we can pay them just to get it right?
I heard something about resetting the clock to 10 seconds, but could not understand what that was about.

Well I am upset too.

I was screwed out of a free Firehouse sub this week.

You tell'em Scobee.

Quote:Well I am upset too.

I was screwed out of a free Firehouse sub this week.

You tell'em Scobee.

What do field goals have to do with Firehouse subs?
Quote:What do field goals have to do with Firehouse subs?
if the jags win and you signed up for the promo you get a free sub, clearly firehouse isnt dumb
You can be upset, but you still have to do your job. You're all professionals and get paid a lot of money. Your "timing being off" is something nobody really cares about. Do your job everybody.
Quote:You can be upset, but you still have to do your job. You're all professionals and get paid a lot of money. Your "timing being off" is something nobody really cares about. Do your job everybody.

Gus Bradley said the main problem was poor kick protection by the offensive line. In the article linked here, Bryan Anger said it was a good kick. That does not look like you can blame Josh Scobee.
The kick was on 3rd down. If they were not happy couldn't they just spike the ball and kick on 4th down?
Quote:The kick was on 3rd down. If they were not happy couldn't they just spike the ball and kick on 4th down?

Great point!

Quote:if the jags win and you signed up for the promo you get a free sub, clearly firehouse isnt dumb

That's not the promo at all.
Quote:You can be upset, but you still have to do your job. You're all professionals and get paid a lot of money. Your "timing being off" is something nobody really cares about. Do your job everybody.

Yep.

So instead of getting only 3 seonds the refs reset the clock ... and he's upset about that? [worlds smallest violin]

Is there really a huge difference in a k-ball and a game ball? Like, what is the difference? A ball's a ball, just kick it..

But I can't be mad at Scobee.. Don't forget, if it weren't for his perfect onside kick we wouldn't have even been in that position to begin with. That kick was a thing of beauty. So was the butterfinger tacks player's execution on securing the football.

Quote:Is there really a huge difference in a k-ball and a game ball? Like, what is the difference? A ball's a ball, just kick it..

But I can't be mad at Scobee.. Don't forget, if it weren't for his perfect onside kick we wouldn't have even been in that position to begin with. That kick was a thing of beauty. So was the butterfinger tacks player's execution on securing the football.

If you ask a kicker its a pretty big deal.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/K-ball-provides-equal-footing-/9c71ddb9-5e65-47ce-8651-e0689f6236b9'>http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/K-ball-provides-equal-footing-/9c71ddb9-5e65-47ce-8651-e0689f6236b9</a>
Quote:Is there really a huge difference in a k-ball and a game ball? Like, what is the difference? A ball's a ball, just kick it..

It was a poor onside kick. It didn't travel the required 10 years, but Griffin foolishly grabbed it and managed to lose it. Scobee has never been any good at OS kicks. It's his biggest weakness.

Quote:It was a poor onside kick. It didn't travel the required 10 years, but Griffin foolishly grabbed it and managed to lose it. Scobee has never been any good at OS kicks. It's his biggest weakness.

I remember Tasker and Beurlein saying it didn't travel the required 10 yards, but when I watched the replay it was very close. Had Griffin not touched it and the Jags recovered it would have definitely been reviewed and I could have seen it going either way. The ball landed almost exactly 10 yards from where it was kicked. And the kick did exactly what it's supposed to do on an onsides kick. It rolled along the ground and bounced high up in the air right as it got to the line of tacks waiting to pounce on it.

Kicker balls are not treated the same way as the balls quarterbacks throw and receivers catch. That obviously makes a differernce to Josh Scobee since he wanted a K ball.
Quote:It was a poor onside kick. It didn't travel the required 10 years, but Griffin foolishly grabbed it and managed to lose it. Scobee has never been any good at OS kicks. It's his biggest weakness.

Quote:I remember Tasker and Beurlein saying it didn't travel the required 10 yards, but when I watched the replay it was very close. Had Griffin not touched it and the Jags recovered it would have definitely been reviewed and I could have seen it going either way. The ball landed almost exactly 10 yards from where it was kicked. And the kick did exactly what it's supposed to do on an onsides kick. It rolled along the ground and bounced high up in the air right as it got to the line of tacks waiting to pounce on it.

I thought it didn't travel 10 yards because on the second bounce it touched #53 of the tacks.
Quote:I thought it didn't travel 10 yards because on the second bounce it touched #53 of the tacks.

That is correct. If the return team touches it first, the kicking team does not need to let it travel 10 yards. But one of the Steves pointed out it would have been reviewed otherwise because it was close.
Pages: 1 2 3