Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley critical of his leadership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like Bradley, hopefully he can turn this thing around starting next week.  I think the loss of Alex Mack will really hurt the Browns offense more than most think.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...leadership

Quote:"I could have led better yesterday," Bradley said. "I don’t think I did a really good job with the team after the game. I think I could have done better with the game management, with the challenge flags. We all challenge ourselves in areas that we can get better, and I challenged the team and I pointed out the things that I can get better at, too."

Damn him, throwing Gus Bradley under the bus like that!

I demand ACCOUNTABILITY!!!1111!!!!
Opportun-ee. 

Quote:I like Bradley, hopefully he can turn this thing around starting next week.  I think the loss of Alex Mack will really hurt the Browns offense more than most think.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...leadership

THats all fine and good but Gus cites things that should already be learned by now as an NFL head coach, especially one thats not a rookie anymore. 
It's simple.... He either becomes better like he always preaches or he will lose his job. We will see.
But I do like the accountability
I'm not as concerned about the challenges, as I am about everything else.  Our Offense should be able to put up points. 

In other news, David Caldwell announced the release of head coach Gus Bradley today, and the promotion of offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch to the starting lineup. "These moves are all about accountability, and going with the hot hand," said Caldwell in comments released by the team.

Quote:In other news, David Caldwell announced the release of head coach Gus Bradley today, and the promotion of offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch to the starting lineup. "These moves are all about accountability, and going with the hot hand," said Caldwell in comments released by the team.
Jedd Fisch is the hot hand?
Quote:Jedd Fisch is the hot hand?
Can't be any cooler than Josh Evans and J.T. Thomas.
Quote:THats all fine and good but Gus cites things that should already be learned by now as an NFL head coach, especially one thats not a rookie anymore. 

Later is better than never. Give the guy credit for doing it at all.
Quote:THats all fine and good but Gus cites things that should already be learned by now as an NFL head coach, especially one thats not a rookie anymore.

Andy Reids made multiple mistakes coaching this year. It happens even to the best of them. I agree that he shouldn't have made those challenges but he did and owned it. What else can you ask him to do other then to not make the same mistakes again.
Quote:It's simple.... He either becomes better like he always preaches or he will lose his job. We will see.

^all this.

I like the accountability as well but it's all empty until he shows us he's learning from these mistakes and we see results on the field.
Quote:Andy Reids made multiple mistakes coaching this year. It happens even to the best of them. I agree that he shouldn't have made those challenges but he did and owned it. What else can you ask him to do other then to not make the same mistakes again.

There isn't a single head coach in this league who hasn't made a mistake.
Quote:Andy Reids made multiple mistakes coaching this year. It happens even to the best of them. I agree that he shouldn't have made those challenges but he did and owned it. What else can you ask him to do other then to not make the same mistakes again.

Exactly - the important thing is he took responsibility for his mistakes and learned from them, just like Blake Bortles did after his "stupid" interceptions. That means we don't have to worry about the flag in his pocket being used at the wrong times again.
The important thing is he's 22 regular season games in and getting worse. :thumbsup:

Quote:I like the accountability as well but it's all empty until he shows us he's learning from these mistakes and we see results on the field.

Admitting he made some mistakes including throwing the red flag twice means he already has learned from it.

Maybe, but it happens every week to coaches all over, from college to pros.
Quote:The important thing is he's 22 regular season games in and getting worse.

It is not entirely his fault you know. He has younger players this year. I think fans are just frustrated that they are not seeing results of what he talks about on the field every Sunday.
Pages: 1 2