Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: You got to wonder what Shad is thinking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Shad Hired Caldwell in hopes of bringing a championship here.   I'm sure Caldwell laid out a plan to Khan on how this process was going to play out.  I'm sure Caldwell expressed this team may have some issues during the rebuild but I don't think Shad  expect to be 4-18 in this stage of the game.

Khan and Caldwell together hired Gus Bradley.  At this point Gus had done nothing to prove he should be an NFL head coach.  There are questionable decisions being made weekly that shows how incompetent he has been.

Then Gus Hires Fisch and Babich

Fisch:  This one is hard to judge.  Yes he has been handcuffed by lack of talent. He also had made some bad game plans that does not take advantage of the strength of this team.  Why do we keep throwing short routes when our QB has  cannon of an arm?  Too conservative

Babich:  This guy sucks.  The defense is way too soft.  We leave the middle of the field open every game.  This guy should be shown the door tomorrow cause this 32nd ranked defense has been terrible.  They have more talent than that

The Excuses:

1. This team is young:   Yes it is young but Caldwell is the reason why.  He cut every veteran on the team and was a cheapskate in free agency 2 years in a row. 

2. Gene Smith Ruined this team:  While true, we are 2 years in a rebuild that is showing little progress.  Bortles is the only bright spot with a flash or two of a couple of rookies.  When you progress you slowly get better.  I don't believe this team has progressed.  Yes we have looked better in the past two weeks but I think thats due to the scrubs we have played.  Crappy Cleveland just whooped that steelers team we lost too and the titans are terrible.  I don't see any progress outside of 2 or 3 players.

3. You build through the draft:  That philosophy works if you hit on most of your draft picks and we have not.  Joeckle looks like a joke, Cyprien is bipolar with looking lost most with occasionally making a good play, Gratz benched.  Bortles and Robinson has been the only bright spots. The rest of the rookies either suck or just don't make enough impact.

The Jags are near or at the bottom in both offense and defense in year 2 of the rebuild.  You got to wonder what Shad is thinking.

Shad:  "At least we can't get relegated" 

Quote:Shad:  "At least we can't get relegated" 

That would be wonderfully merciful at this point.
Cant accept the mediocrity. Honestly the D has stepped up while still looking horrendous at times. Pitt scored 17 and tacks scored 16 and the sack numbers are great.

Gus is definitely not an X's and O's guy and with the youth on this team its showing.

As much as I think Gus lost this one for us, he still gets another year. As far as Caldwell goes, he needs to spend in FA next year. Get an experienced FS LB and one or two offensive lineman then we can accurately judge the play calling
"Maybe Dave can use one of the Mariota picks on a kicker"
Caldwell maybe made a mistake on Jockel, but Jockel fooled everyone. He was dominate coming out of A&M. Who'd have thought a former JUCO QB in Lane Johnson would have been thr best of the top three tackles taken. Cyp is good, he's just not a cover guy. This past year, aside from maybe Lee, I think Caldwell had a pretty good drsft this past May, just not aggressive enough in FA. It's still a little early to tell on him, but I believe Bradley and the coordinators are gone soon if this dumpster fire continues to burn bright
Quote:Caldwell maybe made a mistake on Jockel, but Jockel fooled everyone. He was dominate coming out of A&M. Who'd have thought a former JUCO QB in Lane Johnson would have been thr best of the top three tackles taken. Cyp is good, he's just not a cover guy. This past year, aside from maybe Lee, I think Caldwell had a pretty good drsft this past May, just not aggressive enough in FA. It's still a little early to tell on him, but I believe Bradley and the coordinators are gone soon if this dumpster fire continues to burn bright
Dave, Gus, and Bortles are tied together
Shad is thinking..... trade down (from #1) and get Amari Cooper then trade up to get Gurley ....  Use Free Agency to improve the OL

Without knowing for sure, I'd guess Khan isn't happy about losing.

But he's thrilled the Bills sold for over a billion dollars.
He's thinking that he's pretty happy that he invested all that money in a giant billboard/scoreboard and the swimming pools. The team may suck, but put some hotties in the pool and on the big screen and it's all good......

Wonder if Shad got a Teal Deal book?  If so, he has to be pretty happy about the savings he's experiencing.

Maybe he's thinking:

"A Blake Bortles game cutup looks better than Gabbert's career highlight real."

The two teams with the most cap space in the league are currently 1-11.  I have contended for years that the reason that the Jaguars are an unsuccessful organization is that they continually run on the cheap.  I don't give a tinker's damn for the bathtub sized pool and the scoreboards are what they are.

Until Khan starts putting REAL money into the ON THE FIELD product and the Jaguars are at least top half of the league in spending toward the cap, this franchise will continue to fail on a historical level.

Khan right now, is a HUGE HUGE dud as an NFL owner regardless of his mustache and his Hawaiian shirts.

Here is another excuse I love:

"but you can't build through free agency and can get yourself in cap trouble."

That is total crap.  The Jags spent big money in the 90's and it got them 2 afc championship games in 3 years.   Yes we had cap trouble after that but we still had major success.

We have been consistent stinkers.  Saving money on the cap hasn't done squat for us

Quote:Shad:  "At least we can't get relegated" 

I feel like we are getting regulated every week.
Quote:I feel like we are getting regulated every week.
Dont confuse relegated with embarrassed and ridiculed.
Hopefully he's thinking its time to go in a different direction. Get Gruden out of retirement, he has a QB he can play with. 

I say if Rex Ryan gets fired in NY that you pay him whatever he wants to come be DC (under the table you agree that if things don't work out with Bradley) he will take over.

Say what you want, but he has never had a reputable QB.  Take Bortles and mix in a Rex Ryan Defense...BOOM!

Quote:Here is another excuse I love:

That is total crap. The Jags spent big money in the 90's and it got them 2 afc championship games in 3 years. Yes we had cap trouble after that but we still had major success.

We have been consistent stinkers. Saving money on the cap hasn't done squat for us

Uh...what?
Quote:Here is another excuse I love:

That is total crap.  The Jags spent big money in the 90's and it got them 2 afc championship games in 3 years.   Yes we had cap trouble after that but we still had major success.

We have been consistent stinkers.  Saving money on the cap hasn't done squat for us

What is funny is that when we did get in cap trouble, we were never this bad.

What is even funnier is we didn't get into this mess as a result of cap trouble.

#BecauseJaguars
Pages: 1 2 3 4