Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles is a gun slinger, live or die by it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its what we all wanted. I dont mind interceptions, he is just getting used to the speed of the game.

For those that put him on Gabberts level just dont know enough about the game.

Mistakes can be fixed, mechanics and will power cant
yes he is, though he is compared to big ben, he patterns his play by Farve who  led the league in TD and INT.

I'm fine with that, when the ints are from going down and taking a shot no problem. He just has to work on staring down receivers, limit the turnovers but that will come with time.
2 games and he's a Big Ben Brett Favre clone.

Cuckoo.
He's not Goobert. I can't believe all the comparisons today. Sickening...
I have no problems at all with what he did today. He threw one pick by being aggressive, which I like, and one because of a rookie mistake, which he will fix. 

Quote:I have no problems at all with what he did today. He threw one pick by being aggressive, which I like, and one because of a rookie mistake, which he will fix.

That's what I saw, not Gabbert
He said Favre was the one he looked up to or w/e

Quote:He said Favre was the one he looked up to or w/e

When did he say that?
Quote:I have no problems at all with what he did today. He threw one pick by being aggressive, which I like, and one because of a rookie mistake, which he will fix.
exactly and you can argue Robinson should have fought harder for that ball.
Quote:When did he say that?

I could've sworn the announcers said it, then again I'm sure they make up stuff. 
Quote:I could've sworn the announcers said it, then again I'm sure they make up stuff. 

They definitely make stuff up LOL. One guy thinks 7 rookies played on offense today and Lee was not playing.

Bowanko, Linder, Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, Johnson = 6. Who is the other rookie on offense? LOL
Quote:When did he say that?
He said that in one of his press conferences i think.
Its like people already forgot what it was like to have 10 sacks a game and have double digit 3 and outs. We didn't finish the drives well today but we actually had an offense, a bad one mind you, but not worst in the history of the league level of bad like we have had for years here.

Quote:Its like people already forgot what it was like to have 10 sacks a game and have double digit 3 and outs. We didn't finish the drives well today but we actually had an offense, a bad one mind you, but not worst in the history of the league level of bad like we have had for years here.

This. I'll take this over Henne any day.
Quote:Its like people already forgot what it was like to have 10 sacks a game and have double digit 3 and outs. We didn't finish the drives well today but we actually had an offense, a bad one mind you, but not worst in the history of the league level of bad like we have had for years here.

Part of it was penalties. We were close enough to score a touchdown on our first drive only to be caught holding.
I never liked Farve because of the interceptions in January with the game on the line.  I only say "Farve," because you said "gunslinger."  I'd take an Eli Manning over a Farve any day.

Quote:I never liked Farve because of the interceptions in January with the game on the line.  I only say "Farve," because you said "gunslinger."  I'd take an Eli Manning over a Farve any day.

First of all, learn how to spell his name. It is Favre.

Second, interceptions in January are not a good reason to hate the guy. Using that logic, you will hate Blake Bortles when he throws interceptions in the playoffs.
Quote:First of all, learn how to spell his name. It is Favre.

Second, interceptions in January are not a good reason to hate the guy. Using that logic, you will hate Blake Bortles when he throws interceptions in the playoffs.

Yes, don't ride a good team there just to throw it all away with one stupid throw.  Favre (spelled correctly) had tons and tons of talent around him and only got it done once, Eli and Rapelisberger have done it twice.
Quote:Yes, don't ride a good team there just to throw it all away with one stupid throw.  Favre (spelled correctly) had tons and tons of talent around him and only got it done once, Eli and Rapelisberger have done it twice.

What he's trying to say JW since you don't understand most of what we talk about on here is, Favre threw away a lot of games where he had the talent to do it multiple times instead of just once. 

We all (Or at least most of us) know that you have a condition in which you can't understand somewhat simple things, so thats what we're saying in this situation. 
Pages: 1 2