Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who are the building blocks currenty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
QB: ??  Bortles has shown promise but the Jury is still out.

RB: ?? None of them look good?

WR:?? Robinson has been solid. Lee flashed once or twice while Hurns is a playmaker that has a 50/50 chance of making the play

TE:?? Lewis is an athletic tackle. We need a solid playmaker here. 

OL:?? I don't see anyone so far.  Too young so incomplete

DL:?? Marks and Branch are the only consistent ones. Needs help

DB:?? Cyprien has been ok but nothing special.  Needs desperate help.

LB:?? We need 3 new staring LB's. Poz is a dinosaur LB that would of been good 20 years ago.  He is too stiff and slow to play 3 downs in today's NFL.  There is nobody else worth mentioning.

Scary

Not Slowby and not Gus
Building blocks? Sorry. I see a kid playing with Legos right now.
Quote:QB: ??  Bortles has shown promise but the Jury is still out.

RB: ?? None of them look good?

WR:?? Robinson has been solid. Lee flashed once or twice while Hurns is a playmaker that has a 50/50 chance of making the play

TE:?? Lewis is an athletic tackle. We need a solid playmaker here. 

OL:?? I don't see anyone so far.  Too young so incomplete

DL:?? Marks and Branch are the only consistent ones. Needs help

DB:?? Cyprien has been ok but nothing special.  Needs desperate help.

LB:?? We need 3 new staring LB's. Poz is a dinosaur LB that would of been good 20 years ago.  He is too stiff and slow to play 3 downs in today's NFL.  There is nobody else worth mentioning.

Scary
= 0-5

Not many.

Bortles

A.Robinson, M.lee

No backs

I like clay harbor for now

Pastor and linder, L.J. maybe

I don't like any of the younger defensive players

Just to much clean up . Is it smart to over pay free agents that are average players?

2 more years till playoff contenders
Building Blocks?

That would be young players you can build a team on who might not be at their best yet

Bortles,Storm Johnson, Linder, Bowanko, Joeckel, Hurns, Robinson, Lee, Drob, Cyp, Ball those are building blocks for the future of this team.

What i think your looking for are established dominant players now and we have,

Scobee

1) Bortles

2) Cyp

3) Ta'ufo'ou

That's it...
Quote:Not Slowby and not Gus

+100
What's the fascination with AR-15?

He's made some catches, but he hasn't looked like a world beater, to me.  Am I missing something?

Marquis Lee hasn't been in enough games to say one way or the other...

I want Ace to get those short quick out passes instead of Hurns.  And I want Hurns to practice his craft more.

On D... Cyprien and Branch are good young players...  Ball has his moments...  I like Poz, but he's not the future, hopefully he can keep producing for a few more years...  

I don't know, we have some peices...   

We just need to keep developing, and maybe pick up some better offensive linemen.

Quote:Building Blocks?

That would be young players you can build a team on who might not be at their best yet

Bortles,Storm Johnson, Linder, Bowanko, Joeckel, Hurns, Robinson, Lee, Drob, Cyp, Ball those are building blocks for the future of this team.

What i think your looking for are established dominant players now and we have,

Scobee

Untill Scobee starts making 80 yard FGs, I wouldn't call him dominant.  But he is good.
Quote:What's the fascination with AR-15?

He's made some catches, but he hasn't looked like a world beater, to me.  Am I missing something?

Marquis Lee hasn't been in enough games to say one way or the other...

I want Ace to get those short quick out passes instead of Hurns.  And I want Hurns to practice his craft more.

On D... Cyprien and Branch are good young players...  Ball has his moments...  I like Poz, but he's not the future, hopefully he can keep producing for a few more years...  

I don't know, we have some peices...   

We just need to keep developing, and maybe pick up some better offensive linemen.
I agree.  Robinson has made some catches but nothing great.  I don't know what all the fuss is about.
The offensive building blocks are

1.  Bortles

2.  Lee, Robinson, Hurns

3.  Linder, Bowanko

Defensively

1.  Cyprien

2.  maybe Branch
Quote:The offensive building blocks are

1.  Bortles

2.  Lee, Robinson, Hurns

3.  Linder, Bowanko

Defensively

1.  Cyprien

2.  maybe Branch

I'd add Marks to your defensive list.  

The biggest thing is that it's too soon to know with all of this youth.  We also don't know if any of the following will become key pieces:

McCray, R Davis, Colvin, T Smith, Storm, D-Rob ??  It's too early to know. 
Bortles

Bowanko

Linder

Allen Robinson

Hurns

Harbor

Marks

Telvin Smith

Cyprien

McCray

The Weapon

Scobee
Quote:Bortles

Bowanko

Linder

Allen Robinson

Hurns

Harbor

Marks

Telvin Smith

Cyprien

McCray

The Weapon

Scobee
I will give you marks and scobee but the rest of the list is unproven.
Marks is the only one I can name with confidence. Everyone else is way too young yet.

Remember the 2009 draft when we though we had 3-4 core players?
Tough to assess blame..... I'm not saying the players we have arent talented, but inexperience is clearly an issue. Coaching staff clearly has trouble with game management and making adjustments.

Im gonna rip caldwell, not necessarily because he hasnt drafted talented players, but because of his overall strategy.

Stripped this roster of any talent that it had before he got here, then in his first draft, he defended taking joeckel by saying "you can never have enough good tackles". Strange how that story changed later in the year when he sent monroe away.

Then he drafted denard robinson who may develop into a decent gadget player down the road, but clearly was going to have to overcome a lot. The pick probably could have been spent better elsewhere. Then they drafted ace, a glorified punt returner.

Fast forward to this year. We dont end up getting Mack , so we wait to draft a center until the late rounds, with no intention of him starting right away. Well, that plan changed too. They weren't gonna start bortles right away, well that changed too.

NOTHING HAS GONE ACCORDING TO PLAN. Joeckel is okay at times, but hasnt come close to showing why he was a top 2 pick. Robinson's WR/RB role never worked out, so he's just a work in progress at RB. The guy you listed as your starting center didnt even make the week 1 roster, so now you're starting a rookie you took a flier on. Oh, and the veteran quarterback you wanted to play this year was awful.

These guys are in way over their heads. You can't put a quality product on the field playing all these rookies/2nd year players at once. Where's the leadership?
Caldwell making questionable personell decisions, coaches eventually getting the right guys out there, but taking way to long to do so.

Caldwell is clearly following the polian plan more than the dimitroff plan. Problem is, the polian plan worked because he had peyton manning and jim kelly. Like blake, but do you really think he's peyton manning/kelly caliber? Because if not, we're screwed.
Quote:Tough to assess blame..... I'm not saying the players we have arent talented, but inexperience is clearly an issue. Coaching staff clearly has trouble with game management and making adjustments.

Im gonna rip caldwell, not necessarily because he hasnt drafted talented players, but because of his overall strategy.

Stripped this roster of any talent that it had before he got here, then in his first draft, he defended taking joeckel by saying "you can never have enough good tackles". Strange how that story changed later in the year when he sent monroe away.

Then he drafted denard robinson who may develop into a decent gadget player down the road, but clearly was going to have to overcome a lot. The pick probably could have been spent better elsewhere. Then they drafted ace, a glorified punt returner.

Fast forward to this year. We dont end up getting Mack , so we wait to draft a center until the late rounds, with no intention of him starting right away. Well, that plan changed too. They weren't gonna start bortles right away, well that changed too.

NOTHING HAS GONE ACCORDING TO PLAN. Joeckel is okay at times, but hasnt come close to showing why he was a top 2 pick. Robinson's WR/RB role never worked out, so he's just a work in progress at RB. The guy you listed as your starting center didnt even make the week 1 roster, so now you're starting a rookie you took a flier on. Oh, and the veteran quarterback you wanted to play this year was awful.

These guys are in way over their heads. You can't put a quality product on the field playing all these rookies/2nd year players at once. Where's the leadership?
Totally agree.  I see no leadership n place.  

It's not even the losing so much as how bad we lose.  Most Jags games we are out it by halftime.  Just terrible.
Quote:Totally agree. I see no leadership n place.

It's not even the losing so much as how bad we lose. Most Jags games we are out it by halftime. Just terrible.

And that's the thing. It's only one week of being close, and people are like "see! Improvement!" Okay, so why does it seem to take 5-8 weeks to see "improvement" with this regime? Never mind that it was against a team notorious for playing down to their competition.

And we only scores 9 points against a bad defense, soooooooooooo why are people okay with that?
Pages: 1 2