Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We tolerate this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gotta share the blame here. Why do we tolerate this? Why don't the fans show more outrage with mediocrity? As fans we know they have money they aren't spending. It's a slap in the face.

Quote:Gotta share the blame here. Why do we tolerate this? Why don't the fans show more outrage with mediocrity? As fans we know they have money they aren't spending. It's a slap in the face.
I like that they are committed to building through the draft.  It's how long term success is sustained.  It's just really, really hard to wait for it to pay off. 

Quote:I like that they are committed to building throughout the draft.  It's how long term success is sustained.  It's just really, really hard to wait for it to pay off. 

I'm not buying Dave Caldwell yet...I know it's still early but I don't see much promise out of his draft picks aside from BB so far.

Browns are impressive. . . . Watching them comeback from being down 28-3
I refuse to buy tickets this year for that reason. 

I'm sick of this. Week after week. Same story. Losing. Blake did OK, but all those dropped passes was what made this game. We need someone on offense to be a difference maker
Quote:I'm sick of this. Week after week. Same story. Losing. Blake did OK, but all those dropped passes was what made this game. We need someone on offense to be a difference maker

We have difference makers, just no O-Line to block for em..
Perhaps things will actually change when we hit rock bottom...meaning actually attaining that #1 draft pick.  Blake is under duress but is growing.  I'm a firm believer he'll be much much better next year.

Quote:We have difference makers, just no O-Line to block for em..

Blocking wasn't that bad.

We just cant win. We cannot win. Our coaches cannot coach a winning game. What's weird is it looks intentional.
When Storm is in the backfield, we have more rookies playing on offense than vets.  How many teams have started 6 rookies on offense and have been successful?

I'm close to giving up on football altogether.  I think I'd be better of just not paying attention to sports anymore.

Quote:When Storm is in the backfield, we have more rookies playing on offense than vets.  How many teams have started 6 rookies on offense and have been successful?

Point but teams have won with multiple rookies on both sides of the ball. 2008 falcons started 9 rookies combined and had a 10-6 record 
Quote:When Storm is in the backfield, we have more rookies playing on offense than vets.  How many teams have started 6 rookies on offense and have been successful?

Quiet you, there's some high quality whining going on here.
Quote:Blocking wasn't that bad.

We just cant win. We cannot win. Our coaches cannot coach a winning game. What's weird is it looks intentional.

Not bad, seen Jockel lately? How big of holes are these guys opening up for the RB's? A monkey riding a dog couldn't fit through some of those holes.. 
Quote:Not bad, seen Jockel lately? How big of holes are these guys opening up for the RB's? A monkey riding a dog couldn't fit through some of those holes.. 

Let me rephrase, our pass blocking wasn't bad. Wasn't good either though, but was good enough to win a game.

I understand what you are saying, but shouldn't we expect that if they made it to the NFL that it's ok to run crisp pass routes, ok to be just as physical as the secondary going for the ball, ok to come back for the ball when the QB is in trouble,  Ok to go to the open space when the QB is in trouble?  How many times do we have to watch the TE line up and not one Jag ever covers him. 

I'm not being negative towards you, it's just frustrating to see this lack of skill in players that we've drafted.
Quote:I'm close to giving up on football altogether.  I think I'd be better of just not paying attention to sports anymore.

This is my exact sentiment.  The Jags are beating the love of football out of me.
Quote:I like that they are committed to building through the draft.  It's how long term success is sustained.  It's just really, really hard to wait for it to pay off. 

I asked Oesher this and he didn't anwer.  But when I do the math, 22 starters not including special teams, then only the first three or four rounds should you expect "real production."  That only leaves about three or four more drafts until they'll be competitive. 
Quote:This is my exact sentiment.  The Jags are beating the love of football out of me.

Sadly, it looks like that's the only thing they can beat right now.
Quote:Let me rephrase, our pass blocking wasn't bad. Wasn't good either though, but was good enough to win a game.

It was bad, IMO.   It just wasn't terrible and you've gotten too accustomed to terrible so you don't see that it's still bad.   Just my suspicion of your perspective  - you're certainly entitled to believe it wasn't bad.  I think it was. 

Still - it's a ridiculously young line, and I think they'll get better.  And it's the run blocking that has the most work to do. The pass pro will likely be serviceable as the season chugs along. (slowly and  uphill)
Pages: 1 2