Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Coaching is problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The interceptions don't worry me. Rookies throw alot of picks. 

What's causing this teams continued woes besides shortage of talent is coaching. 

Gus Bradley is coaching a'la Del Rio style, playing not to lose. And either he has a leash on Fisch or Fisch is an idiot because they continue to call short comebacks, screens, etc. that lose yardage 9 out of 10 times and shrink the field, allowing corners to sit low and jump the routes. 

This game was very winnable too, which was a shame. 

Quote: 

It's still on?
Doesn't matter I knew it was over with that lame play calling after the fumble recovery 

Thats all she wrote. We are in "miracle needed" time
I honestly believe Gus is on the hot seat now 

They play so soft too no aggression whatsoever

Bradley needs to start getting on players [BLEEP]

I don't care for Gus. I like Caldwell though
Quote:The interceptions don't worry me. Rookies throw alot of picks. 

What's causing this teams continued woes besides shortage of talent is coaching. 

Gus Bradley is coaching a'la Del Rio style, playing not to lose. And either he has a leash on Fisch or Fisch is an idiot because they continue to call short comebacks, screens, etc. that lose yardage 9 out of 10 times and shrink the field, allowing corners to sit low and jump the routes. 

Coaching sucks and I'm not convince Dave Caldwell is a good GM.
Quote:Thats all she wrote. We are in "miracle needed" time

Um, we have been that way for over 5 years now.

Nothing changes. We are stuck with this coaching staff for another 2-3 years until the next lame duck coaching staff comes in.
With our defense , they should have known they had to go for it on 4th down with under five minutes to go. So yes, coaching is a problem
The D was on the field for ages again in the second half. Easy conversions given up... their hall of fame defensive scheme got us in the end but still we're blowing too many opportunities on both sides of the ball. Some of it is talent, some of it is coaching.

0-16?

The defensive scheme is not working. We never blitz..... ever
Fire fisch
Quote:The defensive scheme is not working. We never blitz..... ever

But they held them to 10 points. Obviously something was working.
Playcalling, I think is a problem.  They need to be more aggressive.  It's as if they don't trust the players to do their job.

Quote:But they held them to 10 points. Obviously something was working.

The steelers just bled us to death. We let the backs catch and run all day because our lbs just drop into zone every play
Quote:But they held them to 10 points. Obviously something was working.

So should we expect this to be the norm going forward? Because every other game has been the absolute opposite.
Quote:The steelers just bled us to death. We let the backs catch and run all day because our lbs just drop into zone every play
you're really gonna sit there and blame the defense? Really? Really? ?
Quote:Playcalling, I think is a problem. They need to be more aggressive. It's as if they don't trust the players to do their job.

Gus has said in multiple pressers that the CBs need to be more aggressive and challenge the routes. The coaching is there but the players have to make the plays.
Pages: 1 2