Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Nightclub or Football Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I could not believe what I read in today's paper regarding the Jags.  Really? performers from South Miami in bikini's boots etc. dancing...are you kidding me!!!  When the spa/cabanas were installed, commentators on the air were making jokes about the Jags and also on late tv.  Now, they are bringing these dancers or whatever to Everbank!!  We are the laughing stock of the NFL.  This new thing has left a very bad taste in my mouth for the Jags.  Are true fans of Jags football really interested in this stuff?  The coach and players need to concentrate on winning games...this is what they call professional football.  If you want to enjoy or just look at these young women, then go to a nightclub.  Not sending a right message to young kids that enjoy watching football.  As far as I am concerned, I will never buy tickets to see a live Jags game...too much is too much....  

No big loss.

"The coach and players need to concentrate on winning games"

Didn't realize the coaches and players had anything to do with the cabanas.

People will whine about anything.
Lol
Quote:I could not believe what I read in today's paper regarding the Jags.  Really? performers from South Miami in bikini's boots etc. dancing...are you kidding me!!!  When the spa/cabanas were installed, commentators on the air were making jokes about the Jags and also on late tv.  Now, they are bringing these dancers or whatever to Everbank!!  We are the laughing stock of the NFL.  This new thing has left a very bad taste in my mouth for the Jags.  Are true fans of Jags football really interested in this stuff?  The coach and players need to concentrate on winning games...this is what they call professional football.  If you want to enjoy or just look at these young women, then go to a nightclub.  Not sending a right message to young kids that enjoy watching football.  As far as I am concerned, I will never buy tickets to see a live Jags game...too much is too much....  
Something tells me you never bought tickets anyway. Another thing tells me you're probably a few decades away from the last time anyone could still call you a girl. 
I'm not sure exactly what the OP is referring to, but if the pools are being used to hire "dancers" for eye candy it could be seen in a not so positive light.  Especially with the issues going on the NFL regarding domestic violence

Life is too short to really worry about such a nit in the grand scheme of things.  Go Jags...

They're flying in people from Miami from the Cleavlander. According to the newspaper, bring the " beautiful people of South Florida " atmosphere. Umm...thought there was a team down there.

I can see other fanbases making fun of us. Until the team becomes credible....dancers, DJs, babes in boas and Vegas outfits and all that hoopla is a joke. IMO , game day experience is important, but a good game is what most fans come for.

The Sobe nightlife experience can come before a game

There's the Frozen tundra, Steel Town football experience, and theres the luai, dancing girls in feathers and pools atmosphere.

Personally, I'll sit on the old Gator Bowl aluminum bench seats for a credible team. But, that's just me, I'm probably old school minority.

For the brass pole atmosphere, Whackos isnt too far from the Bank.
Guess we should get rid of the cheerleaders ...they are just around for eye candy too.
It's just Khan keeping up with the Joneses.  (in this case, one named Jerry)

[Image: millerlite.jpg]

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Also -  if you're gonna have south-beach styled pool cabanas - then the pool side "club" was the next logical step.   

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Folks are still free to buy family section tickets, so I don't see the big deal.  You don't have to visit that area of the stadium if you don't like it. 

Maybe the idea is to be a distraction to the other team, like in the movie The Replacements.  I can already see Tomlin yelling at the refs "Get those girls to stop smacking their [BLEEP] for two minutes!"  Laughing

nevermind 
I'm so there..
[Image: lbOI37A.gif]

So, add hot chicks to the reason not to buy tickets list? Check

Foodball, AND a lap dance? I think I'm in heaven!

Banana

Quote:It's just Khan keeping up with the Joneses.  (in this case, one named Jerry)

[Image: millerlite.jpg]

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Also -  if you're gonna have south-beach styled pool cabanas - then the pool side "club" was the next logical step.   

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Folks are still free to buy family section tickets, so I don't see the big deal.  You don't have to visit that area of the stadium if you don't like it. 

Yeah, there will still be family friendly sections, just don't let the kiddies hold the binoculars for an extended period of time and everything should be fine.
So this is why we are the laughing stock? Maybe they should fly in heavily clothed people from Ocala to stand still.
Quote:I could not believe what I read in today's paper regarding the Jags.  Really? performers from South Miami in bikini's boots etc. dancing...are you kidding me!!!  When the spa/cabanas were installed, commentators on the air were making jokes about the Jags and also on late tv.  Now, they are bringing these dancers or whatever to Everbank!!  We are the laughing stock of the NFL.  This new thing has left a very bad taste in my mouth for the Jags.  Are true fans of Jags football really interested in this stuff?  The coach and players need to concentrate on winning games...this is what they call professional football.  If you want to enjoy or just look at these young women, then go to a nightclub.  Not sending a right message to young kids that enjoy watching football.  As far as I am concerned, I will never buy tickets to see a live Jags game...too much is too much....  

Such an adorable little whine.
Is this what we're supposed to be upset about?

[Image: ehalis.jpg]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7