Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: My Gut Feeling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like to look at a season in quarters, and I was wrong with my first quarter prediction.  I had the Jaguars winning at least one in the first quarter of the season.

The second quarter of the season is coming up, and IIRC my initial thoughts were that we could come out at least 2-2.  One of the losses that I was predicting was against the Steelers.

After watching and looking at how things are progressing, I have a "gut feeling" that we are going to see our first win this weekend.

We have seen a change at QB, some changes on the O-line and some changes in the DEF secondary.

I don't have much to back up what I think and feel, but for some reason I feel that this weekend we are going to see our first win.  I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that the win is going to be decisive, as in, not a close game at all.

Just a few key thoughts of mine.

1.  The offense is playing better and we get Austin Pasztor back.

2.  The defense is "on the carpet" and taking notice that nobody's job is safe.

3.  Ace Sanders is back, and it's not "if" but "when" he takes a punt to the house.

4.  Pittsburgh lost to a win less Tampa Bay team.  This shows that they are not the "dominant team" that they used to be.

5.  3 of 4 games that the Jaguars have played in the first quarter of the season have been on the road.  We are the home team this week, and there is a slight "home field advantage" in play.

Something in my gut tells me that we are going to see something special on Sunday.  My prediction...

Jaguars 27

Steelers 10

I blame Taco Bell for my gut feeling.. 

Optimism is a great thing to have, but you need to be realistic. This will be the first time Austin Pasztor plays in 2014 and he still has a cast on most of his right hand, so he will struggle sometimes. Ace Sanders will definitely be an upgrade from Mike Brown, but after being out four weeks, he is unlikely to return a punt all the way. So I am not going to expect great things from them in their first game of the year. But I definitley expect to see improvements at both positions.

Quote:I like to look at a season in quarters, and I was wrong with my first quarter prediction.  I had the Jaguars winning at least one in the first quarter of the season.

The second quarter of the season is coming up, and IIRC my initial thoughts were that we could come out at least 2-2.  One of the losses that I was predicting was against the Steelers.

After watching and looking at how things are progressing, I have a "gut feeling" that we are going to see our first win this weekend.

We have seen a change at QB, some changes on the O-line and some changes in the DEF secondary.

I don't have much to back up what I think and feel, but for some reason I feel that this weekend we are going to see our first win.  I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that the win is going to be decisive, as in, not a close game at all.

Just a few key thoughts of mine.

1.  The offense is playing better and we get Austin Pasztor back.

2.  The defense is "on the carpet" and taking notice that nobody's job is safe.

3.  Ace Sanders is back, and it's not "if" but "when" he takes a punt to the house.

4.  Pittsburgh lost to a win less Tampa Bay team.  This shows that they are not the "dominant team" that they used to be.

5.  3 of 4 games that the Jaguars have played in the first quarter of the season have been on the road.  We are the home team this week, and there is a slight "home field advantage" in play.

Something in my gut tells me that we are going to see something special on Sunday.  My prediction...

Jaguars 27

Steelers 10
You haven't been under the influence of any mind altering substances in the last day or two, have you?
I agree and have felt this was our first win as well. I think we see them play better and more consistent than we have in a long time.

I've had good feelings about this week and they're getting better and better as the week goes on.
See my thread. Your post is logical Mr. Spock.
I have a good feeling it will not be a blowout loss but cannot see any way it will be a blowout win. A shootout with them is possible. But it probably will be like the Chargers game if the Steelers know one thing about making halftime adjustments.

Devo's gut feeling is more apropos: "I've had just about all I can take You know I can't take it no more
Got a gut feeling.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nexuAIKZmY

I'm with you man I'm believing we get the elusive win this week!
Quote:I'm with you man I'm believing we get the elusive win this week!

How do you think we will win?
Quote:I have a good feeling it will not be a blowout loss but cannot see any way it will be a blowout win. A shootout with them is possible. But it probably will be like the Chargers game if the Steelers know one thing about making halftime adjustments.

I'm not saying that it will be a "blowout win", I'm saying that it will be "convincing".  We don't win because "Pittsburgh was off", rather we actually beat them.
Quote:How do you think we will win?
By scoring more points.
Quote:By scoring more points.

How do we score more points when they have better defensive backs?

Quote:I'm not saying that it will be a "blowout win", I'm saying that it will be "convincing".  We don't win because "Pittsburgh was off", rather we actually beat them.
I think that the Jags will get their first win this week too. For some strange reason, we always play the Steelers tough. But we've got to be prepared for an angry Steelers team that is looking for redemption from what happened last week.
Quote:How do you think we will win?

"I'm all about that Blake"
Quote:How do we score more points when they have better defensive backs?

By putting the ball into the end zone or through the uprights more than they do.
Jags 32-31

Don't ask......let it breathe
The obvious...It's all on the DBs.  If they can make some plays and get the D off the field then we have an excellent chance of winning.  If they play like they have in the first four games its going to be another long day.

Quote:By putting the ball into the end zone or through the uprights more than they do.
Nothing like splitting the uprights  Big Grin
Quote:Nothing like splitting the uprights 

from 59 yards out
Pages: 1 2