Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Statement of the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was watching a replay of NFL now: this guy ive never heard of Elliott Harrison has

The genius statement of the year. " He's got a little Ben Rothlisberger in him but he's not as good as Ben".

So you just basically told us a rookie is not a good as a 2 time Super Bowl HOF'er? Thanks Einstein. Can we give Blake like 5 years before we make stupid statements like this. Then he goes on to say bridgewater is better. That's fine but Teddy also has a much better Team around him. I like our QB, granted im a little defensive due to Jag negativity, but I wish people would think before they make blatantly obvious statements and act like their some prophesy.
The last question during Blake's Wednesday presser was about Roethlisberger comparisons. His answer: "He's won two Super Bowls and I have only played a game and a half." In other words, he thinks it is way too early for people to compare him to Big Ben. Of course, Blake also said, "I have heard that for a while," so he knows about it.

Jedd Fisch was also asked about the comparisons to Roethlisberger. His answer was similar: "What I know about Ben Roethlisberger is he has won two Super Bowls." He also said, "I just want Blake Bortles to be Blake Bortles." So Jedd does not want any comparisons now or later.

Of course, Elliott Harrison was right because he was speaking in the present tense. Right now, Ben is better than Blake. In a few years, that will be reversed.

Quote:Blake also said, "I have heard that for a while," so he knows about it.

this should also be considered for "statement of the year"
Not so much but just enough.

Even if Teddy is "better", the knock on him was thin wrists and ankles.  What is he on the sideline for this week?  And that is on a much better team.  If Teddy was on our team, he maybe out of the league already.  If Blake was on the Vikings, what would the game last night have looked like?

Quote:Even if Teddy is "better", the knock on him was thin wrists and ankles.  What is he on the sideline for this week?  And that is on a much better team.  If Teddy was on our team, he maybe out of the league already.  If Blake was on the Vikings, what would the game last night have looked like?

There are no "what ifs" in reality.
If BB was on a different team, he would be the next Manning, according to some.  The fact he is on the Jaguars, and they see his talent with this crappy team, they have to give him credit where credit is due.  These "analysts" are going to put their foot in their mouths when the Jags start winning.  It may not be now, but when BB brings us to the playoffs consistently, or more importantly, holding that Lombardy trophy.  Statements like "I knew it all along", "BB was special", etc are going to come. Oh, and don't forget the bandwagoner's.

It's just one guy's opinion.  Calm down.  Did you see the game last night?  The Vikings aren't too good either.

Quote:Even if Teddy is "better", the knock on him was thin wrists and ankles.  What is he on the sideline for this week?  And that is on a much better team.  If Teddy was on our team, he maybe out of the league already.  If Blake was on the Vikings, what would the game last night have looked like?

Great Point I'd take Cordell Paterson and Greg Jennings on this team right now
Teddy looked completely uninterested last night.  Not sure if anyone else noticed it, but he was just standing there in his hoodie, staring. 

Quote:Teddy looked completely uninterested last night.  Not sure if anyone else noticed it, but he was just standing there in his hoodie, staring. 

He's probably insanely frustrated that wasn't in there playing.
Quote:He's probably insanely frustrated that wasn't in there playing.

Exactly.
Better QB? No, not right now.

Better passer? I've never thought highly of Ben as a passer, so I'll be able to determine that at the end of the season.

Quote:Better QB? No, not right now.

Better passer? I've never thought highly of Ben as a passer, so I'll be able to determine that at the end of the season.
Yikes. Never thought he was a good passer?
Quote:Yikes. Never thought he was a good passer?

Ben's probably a better passer than most give him credit for.

He's also a play extender AND a play maker.

He's also been to 3 super bowls (and won 2 of them) in a conference that has at least 2 sure fire HOF's in TB and PM.

That's pretty impressive to me.
Blake will be better.

Quote:Blake will be better.

If this turns out to be true, there will be a whole lot of happy Jags fans in here.
There may not be any "what if's" when it comes to reality, but the reality is Teddy is 1/2 on the most important stat of any football player, availability.  So if you are only looking at reality I don't see how anyone could say Teddy>Blake.

Quote:Ben's probably a better passer than most give him credit for.

He's also a play extender AND a play maker.

He's also been to 3 super bowls (and won 2 of them) in a conference that has at least 2 sure fire HOF's in TB and PM.

That's pretty impressive to me.
As much as I despise the Steelers and don't want the above to be true, I find myself in complete agreement.

Big Ben's football credentials are impressive.
Bortles is not as good as Ben ??? !!   Does he even have cable tv ?   Bortles has a good 90 mintues of football under his belt and I think it's time he's gotten the proper recognition for his "almost" Rookie of the Week achievement.

Pages: 1 2