Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: McCray vs. Gratz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Is it sacrilege to suggest already that DMac may be the better corner?
It is never OK to say that about a player who only stepped on the field because a teammate was concussed. I can't remember seeing McCray before the Chargers game. If he was really better than Dwayne Gratz, he would be the guy witn a concussion now.

I don't think either is really anything too special. Although Gratz is excellent in run support and McCray is certainly a solid player for a 7th round pick.

Quote:It is never OK to say that about a player who only stepped on the field because a teammate was concussed. I can't remember seeing McCray before the Chargers game. If he was really better than Dwayne Gratz, he would be the guy witn a concussion now.
. So when henne was the starter did you think he was better than bortles?
Quote:So when Henne was the starter did you think he was better than bortles?

You totally missed my point. Henne was benched, not injured. Big difference.

I don't like the idea of beating a dead horse and feel like that is what people do when they say the backup plays better than the injured starter.
He always ends up starting and becoming the superbowl MVP in my madden franchise. CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
Quote:It is never OK to say that about a player who only stepped on the field because a teammate was concussed. I can't remember seeing McCray before the Chargers game. If he was really better than Dwayne Gratz, he would be the guy witn a concussion now.

I don't know if he's better than Gratz, but your logic here doesn't make a bit of sense. 

Sometimes the better player isn't the starter (Bortles vs. Henne).
Showed good technique and tackled well. What I want to know is how much better is Ball than Gratz. He's playing on the side he's played at in college and to me Ball is more versatile in the slot.
Quote:I don't know if he's better than Gratz, but your logic here doesn't make a bit of sense.

This. There are a lot of backups in this league better than the starter, but it takes either a huge mistake, or unfortunately an injury, for them to get time.

Glennon is better than McCown in Tampa, but it took McCown getting injured for Glennon to start this year and he may not even keep the job once McCown is healed. Happens a lot.
Quote:Showed good technique and tackled well. What I want to know is how much better is Ball than Gratz. He's playing on the side he's played at in college and to me Ball is more versatile in the slot.

Ball plays on Gratz college side?
Quote:Ball plays on Gratz college side?

Yup.
I think McCray is a little bit better from what I've seen, I would definetly like to see more of him
Quote:I don't know if he's better than Gratz, but your logic here doesn't make a bit of sense.

Pretty par for the course when it comes to JW
Quote:Is it sacrilege to suggest already that DMac may be the better corner?
The team envisions putting McCray out there opposite Colvin when he gets on the field, putting Gratz in as the nickel. 
Quote:The team envisions putting McCray out there opposite Colvin when he gets on the field, putting Gratz in as the nickel.

That sounds solid to me. How far is Colvin in his recovery? I know the plan is next season but any chance we see him this year?
Quote:That sounds solid to me. How far is Colvin in his recovery? I know the plan is next season but any chance we see him this year?
It was just reported the other day that they're hoping to get him on the field this year.
Quote:It was just reported the other day that they're hoping to get him on the field this year.

Must have missed that. Cool thanks. Looks like we'll get a glimpse of the future defense this year
Why is it wrong to think the backup is better than the injured starter.   Tom Brady replaced the injured Drew Bledsoe and Big Ben replaced the injured Tommy Maddox --- people were very explicit that the backups were better.   It's a business ....

My point is McCray was not promoted for performance reasons, so I can't say just because he played well in three quarters he must be better than Gratz. The quarterback situation is totally different.
Quote:Why is it wrong to think the backup is better than the injured starter?  Tom Brady replaced the injured Drew Bledsoe and Big Ben replaced the injured Tommy Maddox --- people were very explicit that the backups were better.   It's a business ....

What's wrong is judging a player based on only three quarters when the difference between him and the starter is minimal. It is not a Henne to Bortles difference at cornerback.
Pages: 1 2 3 4