Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Injuries...Injuries...Injuries...What can be done?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems so many feel that the answer is nothing, and we accept the losses of impact players as part of the game.

I wish I had time to research and document the entire history of impact type injuries in Jax history. Shad should pay someone to do it, on a year by year basis going back to the beginning. (pick me!)

A perennial loser (like we now are..) is going to suffer an inordinate number of injuries because so many players are doing everything they can to 'step-up' as the coaches constantly drive into them.

As much as anyone, I want to see a young team flying around the field, from seemingly every direction to make tackles, but injury avoidance must be coached also. Sometimes it is best to just step out of bounds, other times a player should lower their shoulder (especially where size or speed gives the player advantage).

These hammy issues are just ridiculous.. this is coaching for too much. The players themselves deserve accountability for mis-driving their race-car bodies, and the conditioning coaches as well as medical people must be evaluated.

Sometimes the level of play must be dialed down to prevent such crucial losses of personnel.

Losing Marcedes (his own fault?), and now CS3 (definitely his own fault) has been disastrous to the season.

Hopefully Blake Bortles recognizes these things, because if he allows himself to get a high-ankle sprain or something, we are finished. He is the single most important element this team has seen since inception.

It is no easy balance to strike, particularly when the fanbase wants a win, but the highest priority should be placed on our Qb's safety. We don't have a Kirk Cousins in the wings if BB does an RG3.

Imho, the matter of avoidable injuries is among the highest priority for the Jaguars.

Play fast, play agressive, become known as the hardest-hitting team in the NFL, but it must be done with a player mind-set to survive to the next play.
The only way to avoid injury is to not play the game, those that do avoid major injury are fortunate, those that don't are unfortunate.

Are we the only team with players getting injured?

Are we currently suffering more injuries than other teams?
Build cyborg football players. T-1000's

Quote:The only way to avoid injury is to not play the game, those that do avoid major injury are fortunate, those that don't are unfortunate.
Strange game. The only winning move...is not to play. 
Doesn't Richard Simmons make some kind of dvd to help prevent these things?
Senzu beans

Quote:Build cyborg football players. T-1000's
Yes!
Quote:Strange game. The only winning move...is not to play.

Let's see who gets that.
Quote:Let's see who gets that.

War Games
Quote:Let's see who gets that.

Quote:War Games
Nerds assemble!
Obligatory "we have too many injuries" thread.  Must be time to fire our strength and conditioning coach.

thats why i always injure my hands in vigorous chess matches.

The best part of having a bad team is we have less chance of injury to any Pro Bowl type players.

Quote:Doesn't Richard Simmons make some kind of dvd to help prevent these things?
[Image: RichardSimmons%2Bfootball.jpg]

Yeah... How'd that work out for these guys?
Same chorus of useless posters offering absolutely nothing..

Did ya'll make Pro Bowl poster yet?

So it's just pure happenstance that the best players manage to avoid the serious injuries while others (CS3) re-injure themselves so regularly?

Nonsense...
Quote:Same chorus of useless posters offering absolutely nothing..

Did ya'll make Pro Bowl poster yet?

So it's just pure happenstance that the best players manage to avoid the serious injuries while others (CS3) re-injure themselves so regularly?

Nonsense...
What's nonsense is thinking that the Jaguars somehow have some exclusive when it comes to injured players.  Every team suffers injuries. 
Quote:What's nonsense is thinking that the Jaguars somehow have some exclusive when it comes to injured players.  Every team suffers injuries. 
The hell you say?
Quote:What's nonsense is thinking that the Jaguars somehow have some exclusive when it comes to injured players.  Every team suffers injuries.

Where does it say we have an exclusive?

Oh, I see, in your earlier worthless resonse to this thread, to go with the other 55 million 'contributions'..

I'm guilty of the sin at the bottom of your avi..
Pages: 1 2