Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags 7 point underdogs, could this be our week?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/9/30/6...o-steelers

Its been awhile since we were single digit underdogs. Vegas is expecting a close game. Will it happen?
Yep. We tend to play the Steelers close no matter the era.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised.  Antonio Brown scares me though.

I've called it 3 times this year...but we are getting out fist win this Sunday!

Quote:I honestly wouldn't be surprised.  Antonio Brown scares me though.

If he's their only weapon I think the Jaguars can cover him.

It's a home game and Bortles is rising. Could be the Jaguars first win, especially since it's hard to believe the steelers won't take the Jaguars a bit lightly at this point. It's only natural seeing the Jaguars get repeatedly blown out.
I live almost dead center of Pa...It takes almost exactly the same amount of time to drive to Philly as it does to drive to Pittsburgh so I am surrounded by Eagles fans and Steeler fans with some others thrown in there... If there is only one game we win this year I hope it's this one...I'm constantly being taunted for being a Jags fan, so I hope this week is a win!
This reminds me of Jacksonville beating Pittsburgh at home by 9 points.  Big Grin

Trade for Rashean Mathis just for this game.

center of PA ?  Sunduskyville?

Quote:Trade for Rashean Mathis just for this game.
I believe in the span of 2004-2008, Rashean Mathis picked off Roethlisberger in every game we played them. Including the 2 INT's in the playoff game.
Quote:center of PA ?  Sunduskyville?
nope...no one even mentions that name around here anymore...State College is about 20 miles or so from me...I did however live in Duval and Clay County for about 20 years too...

Quote:If he's their only weapon I think the Jaguars can cover him.

It's a home game and Bortles is rising. Could be the Jaguars first win, especially since it's hard to believe the steelers won't take the Jaguars a bit lightly at this point. It's only natural seeing the Jaguars get repeatedly blown out.
That was funny. You have no ground to stand on to believe that man. Who is gonna shut him out? Who will cover Heath Miller? This defense can't do two things at one time. On Sunday even the Chargers' running backs were wide open in the flats. Give Bell all that air and opportunity and see what happens.
They will cover....

....and lose.
Quote:That was funny. You have no ground to stand on to believe that man. Who is gonna shut him out? Who will cover Heath Miller? This defense can't do two things at one time. On Sunday even the Chargers' running backs were wide open in the flats. Give Bell all that air and opportunity and see what happens.

The Jaguars got beat by a team with significantly more than one guy that could kill them.

My point was just that I think between the guys that are out there if the Jaguars only have to game plan against him as the big playmaker and just make tackles on everyone else then it should be possible.

However, feel free to be as pessimistic about the Jaguars as you like, it's your choice.
Quote:I believe in the span of 2004-2008, Rashean Mathis picked off Roethlisberger in every game we played them. Including the 2 INT's in the playoff game.

Don't forget the overtime pick six by Tommy Maddox. That was the day Fred Taylor ran 234 yards.
Quote:Don't forget the overtime pick six by Tommy Maddox. That was the day Fred Taylor ran 234 yards.

No it wasn't.
Quote:Don't forget the overtime pick six by Tommy Maddox. That was the day Fred Taylor ran 234 yards.

I think you just combined games that were 6 to 7 years apart.
Quote:I think you just combined games that were 6 to 7 years apart.

Not on purpose, of course.
Quote:The Jaguars got beat by a team with significantly more than one guy that could kill them.

My point was just that I think between the guys that are out there if the Jaguars only have to game plan against him as the big playmaker and just make tackles on everyone else then it should be possible.

However, feel free to be as pessimistic about the Jaguars as you like, it's your choice.
Not about being pessimistic but being realistic about the situation. We suck. And we suck at just about every facet of organized football. The qb position is looking up but that's it. But call me whatever that's cool. Vegas would love you and your delusional optimistic bunch on here if yall were bettors. When the team starts to resemble a compentent NFL team I'll give credit to em. I have no problem doing that.
Quote:Yep. We tend to play the Steelers close no matter the era.
Expect that to change this year. This team is atrocious...I'm done even hoping for anything other than an embarrassingly abysmal outcome.
Pages: 1 2 3 4