Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our Ace for the Steelers game ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unless I've miscounted, Ace Sanders has served his four game suspension now.

So where does he fit into our plans for the Steelers game ? Will he return kicks maybe ?

And can a (relatively) experienced player make a difference to our rookie offense ?
Shenanigans. Ace will help move the chains
Get Ace in space
Ace Sanders will definitely return punts. It is obvious he is much better at that than Mike Brown was. Jodran Todman will continue to return kickoffs, of course.

Cecil Shorts might be out, so we also will need Ace on offense. But I don't think he will be targeted too much with Hurns and Robinson doing good this year.

WR1- Robinson

WR2- Hurns

WR3- Ace

Quote:Unless I've miscounted, Ace Sanders has served his four game suspension now.

So where does he fit into our plans for the Steelers game ? Will he return kicks maybe ?

And can a (relatively) experienced player make a difference to our rookie offense ?

There's a roster exemption for him until Friday.  That's when they have to make the decision as to who to cut and whether he'll be active.

I would think he'll be active and they'll cut Mike Brown or the new WR they brought in last week.
Quote:There's a roster exemption for him until Friday.  That's when they have to make the decision as to who to cut and whether he'll be active.

I would think he'll be active and they'll cut Mike Brown or the new WR they brought in last week.

Tavarres King is that WR and I would expect him to be cut instead of Mike Brown.
Quote:Tavarres King is that WR and I would expect him to be cut instead of Mike Brown.

Have you seen Mike Brown lately?
Quote:Tavarres King is that WR and I would expect him to be cut instead of Mike Brown.
Mike Brown doesn't exactly have the production to warrant security. 
Quote:Mike Brown doesn't exactly have the production to warrant security. 

OMG. I agree with you.

(sign of the sky falling)
King's 6'0" and runs a 4.4. Brown's 5'10" and runs a 4.8. When you're talking about the last receiver on your depth chart, the guy had better be a critical part of the special teams unit or offer interesting measurables. Brown is thoroughly replaceable on offense and special teams, so I'd expect the younger, taller, faster guy to stick while Brown becomes the "phone call away" warm body.

I would prefer they cut Brown.  He hasn't done anything to warrant a spot.  Haven't seen him on the field much and when I do it's mostly to drop a pass or miss a block.
Quote:Mike Brown doesn't exactly have the production to warrant security. 

But King has not been on the field at all, which makes me think they only want him in emergencies. Also I did not say I want the Jaguars to keep Brown.
I don't think we can cut King yet, can we?
Quote:Unless I've miscounted, Ace Sanders has served his four game suspension now.

I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on counting correctly.  Well done sir!
Quote:I don't think we can cut King yet, can we?

Why would we not be allowed to cut King?
Quote:Why would we not be allowed to cut King?
Because he was signed off a practice squad.

Quote:I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on counting correctly. Well done sir!

Thank you. I have my good days and my bad days.
Quote:Because he was signed off a practice squad.
Correct - he has one more mandatory week to remain on active roster. 

They could also waive someone like Shuler or Shatley with hopes of signing them to PS if they clear waivers.
Quote:Correct - he has one more mandatory week to remain on active roster. 
Negatory. Players signed off another team's PS can be waived at any time, including five minutes after they're signed. Three weeks of pay is guaranteed, not three weeks of play.
Pages: 1 2