Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Hurns on pace to rewrite history books
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Allen Hurns is on pace for 1016 yards, which would make him the first undrafted rookie receiver in NFL history to log 1,000 in his first year.

It's already an exclusive club, but an undrafted rookie?

Anyways, I thought I'd bring this up, since I've been pretty negative (and rightfully so) the past 12 hours. The Jaguars have very, very few individual accomplishments to be proud of, so it'd be nice to add a big one like that.

And that's with a game where he did pretty much nothing.

With Blake in there feeding him the deep ball and as the offense grows I think he has a very legitimate shot.
It'll be a blessing if we went all this time without a 1,000 yard receiver and then get one in the form of an undrafted rookie
I don't think he'll make 1000 yards but I would be stoked if he did.  I was just thinking today about how amazing it is that he went undrafted and has made so many big plays.

Quote:Allen Hurns is on pace for 1016 yards, which would make him the first undrafted rookie receiver in NFL history to log 1,000 in his first year.

It's already an exclusive club, but an undrafted rookie?

Anyways, I thought I'd bring this up, since I've been pretty negative (and rightfully so) the past 12 hours. The Jaguars have very, very few individual accomplishments to be proud of, so it'd be nice to add a big one like that.
That was  nice deep catch he made... I was like :pinch:  OHnos... then I was like YES!

:yes:
A great find

The club is so exclusive, nobody is in it.  Hurns was a great find.  We'll be seeing 6th round draft pick Antonio Brown this weekend --- if Hurns can even come close to matching his talent, I'd be happy.

Perhaps we will hit on 2 WRs this year (Robinson & Hurns).  Verdict still out on Lee.

He's so good at selling his double moves. He needs to clean up his catching but he looks great.

He's been a bright spot, but at the same time you can see why he was undrafted.  He's a good route runner, but his hands need work.  I guess Sullivan didn't tell him to not try to catch with your facemask.

His long ball would have been a TD if he hadn't let it get to his facemask.  But at least he caught it Smile

The good thing is that Bortles and Hurns can work out in the offseason to fine tune their game.   Also, speaking of long ball drops, Antonio Brown let one go through his hands yesterday that would have sealed a win.  It happens to everybody.

I'm anxious to see if Bortles conducts personal workouts with Hurns, Robinson, and Lee like Russell Wilson does in the offseason with his team.  More notable, Manning and a lot of other good QBs have done the same.

Put that with the fact that Bortles not only had the best completion percentage by a rookie in his first start but the 3rd best by ANY QB in their first start except Drew Breese and Aaron Rodgers. That's good company. Not to mention he did it against one of the leagues best secondaries. Its hard not to get excited, but I'm trying not to. If he can clean up the INTs sooner rather than later and be in the conversation with the aforementioned players only a larger, younger version, the sky is the limit. So to keep it all in perspective I remember we still lost.

Quote:He's been a bright spot, but at the same time you can see why he was undrafted.  He's a good route runner, but his hands need work.  I guess Sullivan didn't tell him to not try to catch with your facemask.

His long ball would have been a TD if he hadn't let it get to his facemask.  But at least he caught it Smile
I wouldnt even say he caught it, it pretty much just fell on him instead of the ground.
Quote:I wouldnt even say he caught it, it pretty much just fell on him instead of the ground.

lol pretty much
His double move is great.

His hands are very suspect though. 

I think he's got a good shot. We've shown that we're going to let Blake air it out. Take his lumps, get the experience, and put up some numbers to get the fanbase excited.

A lot will depend on the health situation of Shorts because I think he's still the number one target when he can play.

I think Shorts is just about done. Every time he sees the field his hamstring acts up. I am glad to see Hurns developing into a legitimate WR. Sure would be nice to have a defense out there to keep us in games.

Quote:I think Shorts is just about done. Every time he sees the field his hamstring acts up. I am glad to see Hurns developing into a legitimate WR. Sure would be nice to have a defense out there to keep us in games.

Hurns has been an outstanding find. I'll be interested especially in how he progresses from year one to year two. Makes the prospect of letting Shorts go a little less of an issue.
It'd be nice to have a positive record to go along with the multitude of records for incompetence.

He should have an additional two TDs if he didn't drop the one vs the colts or fell down yesterday. He's going to be good. I think he is learning his way around the men.
Quote:He's so good at selling his double moves. He needs to clean up his catching but he looks great.

What I love seeing is the great concentration to get control of the ball before he goes down. Sure, a touchdown would have been better, but it is great to know he can make a difficult catch.

My avatar is a reminder of his speed and ability to break a tackle too. How in the world did he get away from Darius Butler?
Pages: 1 2 3