Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The San Diego Chargers will lose to the Jacksonville Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Each week, John Gennaro gives San Diego Chargers fans three reasons to be pessimistic about the team's chances in their upcoming game. This week, he's talking about the Jacksonville Jaguars.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/san-diego-chargers-lose-jacksonville-160003914.html

San Diego is fixing to crush us.

Quote:Each week, John Gennaro gives San Diego Chargers fans three reasons to be pessimistic about the team's chances in their upcoming game. This week, he's talking about the Jacksonville Jaguars.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/san-diego-chargers-lose-jacksonville-160003914.html

So many mistakes in that article I'd think it was written by one of the less literate members of this board.
I actually really enjoyed reading the article. Anything Bortles related and I'm all in.

Rivers aint sleeping on us. He's going to torch our back 7. I expect Bortles to be able to put up some pts, but one QB is a vet throwing against air and the other QB is a rook surrounded by rooks facing a respectable defense
I have nightmares about who's not covering Gates.

Quote:I have nightmares about who's not covering Gates.

The crazy part is Gates isn't very athletic at this point in his career, even Poz could probably stay with him at this point, it's the constant mental breakdowns in the zone the Jaguars run that will get Gates a ton of catches.
This reminds me of Colts fans saying on their board they were worried about losing in Jacksonville. Look at how that turned out LOL.

Do I dare see if Chargers fans are saying the same thing?

If you think Jaguars are going to beat the Chargers, I got some ocean front property in Kansas I'd like to sell you for a good price. 

Quote:If you think Jaguars are going to beat the Chargers, I got some ocean front property in Kansas I'd like to sell you for a good price. 

Upsets are anything but impossible in the NFL.

If Bortles had been starting in the Eagles game it's quite likely the Jaguars would have won that game and they were double digit underdogs.
I think it's Allen who's gonna tear us up.
Quote:Upsets are anything but impossible in the NFL.

If Bortles had been starting in the Eagles game it's quite likely the Jaguars would have won that game and they were double digit underdogs.
Yeah but that would have messed up our tanking!

Hopefully Thompson or Abernathy will be covering him...
Quote:I actually really enjoyed reading the article. Anything Bortles related and I'm all in.

+1
Quote:Upsets are anything but impossible in the NFL.

I'm not worried about Bortles, he will do fine.  I'm worried about that thing that we call our defense. 
Quote:The crazy part is Gates isn't very athletic at this point in his career, even Poz could probably stay with him at this point, it's the constant mental breakdowns in the zone the Jaguars run that will get Gates a ton of catches.

Not only are you wrong about Gates with this statement/thought process, you're dead wrong. Gates has ALWAYS given our defense fits. And he's still a match-up nightmare even at this point in his career. He didn't seem to look like he was missing any ability when he torched the Seahawks secondary for three TD's in their last match-up at home. Paul can't hang in pass coverage. We've all known this for awhile now. Gates is going to be the back breaker in this ball game. He's going to find ways to get open on critical passing situations. And look for Allen to beat our corners as well.
Quote:Not only are you wrong about Gates with this statement/thought process, you're dead wrong. Gates has ALWAYS given our defense fits. And he's still a match-up nightmare even at this point in his career. He didn't seem to look like he was missing any ability when he torched the Seahawks secondary for three TD's in their last match-up at home. Paul can't hang in pass coverage. We've all known this for awhile now. Gates is going to be the back breaker in this ball game. He's going to find ways to get open on critical passing situations. And look for Allen to beat our corners as well.

I'll take Lageman's word for it over yours since I haven't been watching tons of Chargers games and according to him Gates isn't very fast at this point and does most of his damage to poor zone coverage.
Quote:I'll take Lageman's word for it over yours since I haven't been watching tons of Chargers games and according to him Gates isn't very fast at this point and does most of his damage to poor zone coverage.

Okay. That's fine and all. But I bet he nabs more than 5 catches and probably a pair of touchdowns in the redzone. Last year he caught 77 passes and had over 800 yards receiving, and was averaging over 11.0 YPC (basically a 1st down a catch). And that was with a few injuries nagging him and slowing him down. Even if he's not running by defenders at break neck speed, bottomline is this, he's a savy veteran that knows how to get open. And just about every single time we've played this guy in SD, he's killed us. I expect to see him school and take this young secondary to the woodshop this Sunday.

Quote:Okay. That's fine and all. But I bet he nabs more than 5 catches and probably a pair of touchdowns in the redzone. Last year he caught 77 passes and had over 800 yards receiving, and was averaging over 11.0 YPC (basically a 1st down a catch). And that was with a few injuries nagging him and slowing him down. Even if he's not running by defenders at break neck speed, bottomline is this, he's a savy veteran that knows how to get open. And just about every single time we've played this guy in SD, he's killed us.

I didn't say he wouldn't be successful, only that if our defense weren't so crappy he could probably be covered.
Quote:I didn't say he wouldn't be successful, only that if our defense weren't so crappy he could probably be covered.

10-4. Hopefully the defense doesn't sleep on him. Even if they didn't, I think he'll still have a good game against us. It's just something about this defense man, doesn't matter what era, what players, or what coach (excluding maybe the late 90's & mid 2000's) it just seems like this team struggles against any above average or receiving based TE in the passing game.
Pages: 1 2 3