Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Youth Movement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just thinking about how young this starting offensive unit is since Bortles supplanted Henne.  It's actually quite remarkable. I wonder if it's the youngest starting group in the NFL?  Gotta be in the running for that designation at the least. 

Paz 23   (Sam Young - 27)

Linder 22

Bowanko 23

Beadles - 27

Joeckel 22

Bortles - 22

Gerhart -27

D-Rob - 24

Shorts - 26

Hurns - 22

A Robinson - 21

Lee -22

Harbor - 27

Nic Jacobs - 22

​Puts things into a slightly different perspective.   
Quote:I was just thinking about how young this starting offensive unit is since Bortles supplanted Henne. It's actually quite remarkable. I wonder if it's the youngest starting group in the NFL? Gotta be in the running for that designation at the least.

Paz 27 (Sam Young - 27 also)

[font='lucida sans unicode']Linder 22
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']Bowanko 23
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']Beadles - 27
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']Joeckel 22
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']Bortles - 22
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']Gerhart -27
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']D-Rob - 24
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']Shorts - 26
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']Hurns - 22
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']A Robinson - 21
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']Lee -22
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']Harbor - 27
[/font]

[font='lucida sans unicode']Nic Jacobs - 22
[/font]

its gonna be real ugly at times but i'd expect to see flashes of greatness at the same time.
Quote:its gonna be real ugly at times but i'd expect to see flashes of greatness at the same time.

Agreed.  It's already encouraging to see completions of 10+ yards between Bortles and Hurns or Robinson looking as if they might be common occurrences for years to come.  That bodes well for the future of this offense. 

Well if there is real talent, which i believe there is, behind all this youth, experience will cause exponential gains.  Who is Nic Jacobs?  I must have missed that signing.

Quote:Well if there is real talent, which i believe there is, behind all this youth, experience will cause exponential gains.  Who is Nic Jacobs?  I must have missed that signing.
Signed off of Phins PS. TE.  With Lewis IR'ed - Harbor just getting healthy and Shuler sick…. they had to do something. 

Looks like they targeted someone who would block better than the waived Jensen. 
Quote:Signed off of Phins PS. TE.  With Lewis IR'ed - Harbor just getting healthy and Shuler sick…. they had to do something. 

Looks like they targeted someone who would block better than the waived Jensen. 
Lord knows we need it.
This team is dangerously young. They had that screenshot come up last Sunday during the game. We're either the youngest team in football, or in 2nd place by a few days or months. Khan last weekend also went onto mention during the pre-game that we're probably on the verge, or, if we haven't already done this, we may have started the NFL record in rookies for one season or one game. Something to that effect. That's part of the struggles right now. The term "growing pains" is an understatement here with this roster.

It really comes down to Bortles now. Much like Leftiwch during the JDR/Harris era, and just like the JDR/Smith era with Gabbert. If Bortles/Caldwell don't workout. It's back to square one again. JDR got lucky with Garrard. Garrard was able to buy JDR a bit more time here. He was also carried a bit during Mike Smith's time as the DC. Either way, it's a work in progress. And I hope we get it right this time with this front office. I don't think Khan is as impatient as Haslam or whoever the guy is that owns the Browns. But, not sure if this era is on a three year or four year plan. I'd think a four year deal to be honest. This year they'll let it slide, next year, that's where you REALLY need to see improvement, and then it's make or break in 2016.

Quote: 

I was just thinking about how young this starting offensive unit is since Bortles supplanted Henne.  It's actually quite remarkable. I wonder if it's the youngest starting group in the NFL?  Gotta be in the running for that designation at the least. 

Paz 27   (Sam Young - 27 also)

<div style="font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:15px;">Linder 22

Bowanko 23

Beadles - 27

Joeckel 22

Bortles - 22

Gerhart -27

D-Rob - 24

Shorts - 26

Hurns - 22

A Robinson - 21

Lee -22

Harbor - 27

Nic Jacobs - 22

</div>

The Jags offense has the most upside of any offense in the NFL, considering the QB and pure talent at WR. This offense has a chance to be super explosive.
Pasztor is 23 not 27.

Quote:The Jags offense has the most upside of any offense in the NFL, considering the QB and pure talent at WR. This offense has a chance to be super explosive.
Most upside or most room for improvement?  The latter i agree with, the former? LOL.
Quote:Pasztor is 23 not 27.
Thank you. Will edit.  Must have locked on to Millers age by mistake. (next to him on the alphabetical roster.)

Wow - that's a young line! 

Quote:This team is dangerously young. They had that screenshot come up last Sunday during the game. We're either the youngest team in football, or in 2nd place by a few days or months.

As I recall, our Jaguars are the second youngest team in the league (I cannot remember who they had listed as the youngest...I want to say St. Louis or maybe Cleveland, but don't hold me to that).  Incidentally, Seattle was 4th youngest, but I remember there being a pretty distinct margin between 2 and 3.
Quote:Most upside or most room for improvement? The latter i agree with, the former? LOL.

I get what he's saying. He means potential and there is pretty good potential for an explosive passing offense there whether or not it's realized yet. Dunno if it's the most in the league but hey, why not?
Quote:I get what he's saying. He means potential and there is pretty good potential for an explosive passing offense there whether or not it's realized yet. Dunno if it's the most in the league but hey, why not?
Yea definately lots of potential.  Sunday will be fun regardless of the outcome.  Soo much promising youth to watch, can't wait to see who breaks out!
Quote:Thank you. Will edit.  Must have locked on to Millers age by mistake. (next to him on the alphabetical roster.)

Wow - that's a young line! 
It makes you wonder. If this line can come together by the end of the year do we need to invest in more draft picks on the OL? Who knows Bowanko could be the man. If so defense should be the way in the draft we should go.
Quote:Most upside or most room for improvement?  The latter i agree with, the former? LOL.

Name another team that has the potential on offense that the Jags have, we have what looks to be a legit franchise QB, the WR's have the potential to be very good and deep. If Blackmon gets his head screwed on right watch out, I'll wait for your response.
Quote:As I recall, our Jaguars are the second youngest team in the league (I cannot remember who they had listed as the youngest...I want to say St. Louis or maybe Cleveland, but don't hold me to that).  Incidentally, Seattle was 4th youngest, but I remember there being a pretty distinct margin between 2 and 3.

Dump Henne and Marcedes and the team probably becomes the youngest without losing significant production anywhere.

Quote:Name another team that has the potential on offense that the Jags have, we have what looks to be a legit franchise QB, the WR's have the potential to be very good and deep. If Blackmon gets his head screwed on right watch out, I'll wait for your response.

At a glance, I'd say Cleveland with the caveat that I only really know Josh Gordon and Ben Tate on that offense. Quaterback aside, I don't get the sense that the Brown's roster is an old one or one full of garbage and their defense should be legit already.

But it's Cleveland...and their woes are the stuff of legend so I could be wrong on all fronts.
Quote: 

Paz 23   (Sam Young - 27)

<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Noteworthy-Light';font-size:15px;">Linder 22

Bowanko 23

Beadles - 27

Joeckel 22

Bortles - 22

Gerhart -27

D-Rob - 24

Shorts - 26

Hurns - 22

A Robinson - 21

Lee -22

Harbor - 27

Nic Jacobs - 22

</div>

We already knew they were young. I think the fanbase forgets that. These young men need time to gel. They all come from different systems and different teams.
IIRC we are the second youngest roster in the league.

Pages: 1 2