Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Attorney General Eric Holder stepping down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think this is good for the nation regardless of your political standings, Holder has been an absolute disastour as AG. I'm curious to see who is appointed to take his place.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/attorney-...d=25752751

Yeah, he's been a disaster.  Now if only we could get the FCC Chariman to resign as well.

I dreamed that Holder stepped down about a month ago.  I thought it was real.  My wife thought I was crazy.  I can't wait until she gets home to tell her.  (If she doesn't already know)

Quote:Yeah, he's been a disaster.  Now if only we could get the FCC Chariman to resign as well.

I dreamed that Holder stepped down about a month ago.  I thought it was real.  My wife thought I was crazy.  I can't wait until she gets home to tell her.  (If she doesn't already know)

Wheeler is terrible, but what is your specific beef with him?
Quote:Wheeler is terrible, but what is your specific beef with him?
He's an industry insider who supports a bad version of Net Neutrality.  Specifically his 'fast lane' idea (or rather 'slow lane')

Quote:He's an industry insider who supports a bad version of Net Neutrality.  Specifically his 'fast lane' idea (or rather 'slow lane')

While that's true everything he's put forth hasn't been 100% bad.

If he supersedes the state bans on municipal broadband it would be a significant mark in his favor.
Quote:While that's true everything he's put forth hasn't been 100% bad.

If he supersedes the state bans on municipal broadband it would be a significant mark in his favor.

What's your thoughts on Eric Holder the point of this thread after all......
Hallelujah...

This comes on the heels of a judge denying the feds a delay in turning over Fast and Furious documents...hmmm

Quote:What's your thoughts on Eric Holder the point of this thread after all......

I don't have any. I just wanted to talk about Wheeler since Doc brought him up.
Sorry, didn't mean to derail your thread Eric.  

Holder was a race baiter.  He played the race card too often.  And he liked to play it too.

Quote: 

"As it stands, our society is not yet colorblind; nor should it be, given the disparities that still afflict and divide us."
Quote:Sorry, didn't mean to derail your thread Eric.  

Holder was a race baiter.  He played the race card too often.  And he liked to play it too.

It's fine I just didn't want Oklahomie to go into another net neutrality rant for 30 pages lol

Thank the LORD.

The IRS/Lois Lerner situation stinks to high heaven - crickets from the Justice Department.  A man puts an outhouse on a parade float and calls it the Obama Presidential Library and Holder sends agents to investigate. 

Holders news conference on now. I think this has something to do with the Fast and Furious documents coming down.

Quote:The IRS/Lois Lerner situation stinks to high heaven - crickets from the Justice Department.  A man puts an outhouse on a parade float and calls it the Obama Presidential Library and Holder sends agents to investigate. 

He didn't send agents to investigate.   He sent a member of the Community Relations Services team to attend a meeting between members of the community in the aftermath of the brouhaha about the float.   It was NOT a Justice Department investigation. 
Quote:He didn't send agents to investigate. He sent a member of the Community Relations Services team to attend a meeting between members of the community in the aftermath of the brouhaha about the float. It was NOT a Justice Department investigation.

Regardless, the appearance of corruption in the IRS is ignored.
Quote:Regardless, the appearance of corruption in the IRS is ignored.

I can kind of understand why the IRS did what they did.  Purely political groups are not entitled to tax exempt status.   Regardless of that, the IRS is swamped with requests for tax exempt status by groups that appear to be purely political.   So they used a keyword search to try to isolate the cases that they thought should receive more scrutiny.    The key words included the words "tea party."   Also included in the key word search were the words "patriot," "Israel," "progressive," "occupy," "medical marijuana," and some others.   This slowed down the approval process for tea party groups, although none were denied.  

So the whole thing might have been just pure bureaucratic bungling; the attempt to create a shortcut by using keywords.  

At least, that's the IRS side of the story.   At the very least, they used bad judgment.   They should have known this could look really bad, and they should have taken steps to insure the process was not just fair, but obviously fair.  

Quote:I can kind of understand why the IRS did what they did. Purely political groups are not entitled to tax exempt status. Regardless of that, the IRS is swamped with requests for tax exempt status by groups that appear to be purely political. So they used a keyword search to try to isolate the cases that they thought should receive more scrutiny. The key words included the words "tea party." Also included in the key word search were the words "patriot," "Israel," "progressive," "occupy," "medical marijuana," and some others. This slowed down the approval process for tea party groups, although none were denied.

So the whole thing might have been just pure bureaucratic bungling; the attempt to create a shortcut by using keywords.

At least, that's the IRS side of the story. At the very least, they used bad judgment. They should have known this could look really bad, and they should have taken steps to insure the process was not just fair, but obviously fair.
Bureaucratic bungling so odious that it gives the distinct essence of political skullduggery. Hopefully the same people who are so quick to attribute this to organizational incompetence will show the same understanding when it happens under a Republican administration. I get the distinct impression they won't.
Plus, he's facing a contempt of Congress charge.  I loved his quote from that, "Don't go there, buddy!".  

Do we really think anybody better will take his place, though?  

Ding dong the witch is dead. And it's about damn time. When I saw this on the news in a doctor's waiting room yesterday, I said this out loud, "Thank God. It's about time. Now let the devil pay his dues". Got a couple of looks but no one rebutted.

Quote:Ding dong the witch is dead. And it's about damn time. When I saw this on the news in a doctor's waiting room yesterday, I said this out loud, "Thank God. It's about time. Now let the devil pay his dues". Got a couple of looks but no one rebutted.

Most people are too polite to start up an argument over politics with a stranger in public. They probably felt bad for your inability to control your outburst more than anything.
Pages: 1 2 3