Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PBR being sold to Russian company
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good old Pabst, going Ruskie. Included will be Old Milwaukee, Schlitz and Colt 45.

All those great beers that were left in your fridge in 1970. The mainstay of college frat houses.

Russia's Oasis Brewing Company is buying these " top brews"

They maintain they will not change the recipes. Lol.lol.lol. The Russians may end up Raspukin after their first taste. Wait. Russians. Who drink anti freeze?

Upgrade.

Now PBR is Putrid Beer from Russia.
Old Milwaukee was the beer of choice in college when playing quarters.  It had to be as cold as you could possibly get it in order to taste okay, but the moment the temps started to drop it was awful. 

I remember a buddy of mine going out and getting Schlitz Malt Liquor tall boys when we were in HS.  Talk about bad.  That stuff was the worst. 

PBR was actually not bad back in the day long before my tastes eventually migrated more toward a good single malt.

Quote:Old Milwaukee was the beer of choice in college when playing quarters.  It had to be as cold as you could possibly get it in order to taste okay, but the moment the temps started to drop it was awful. 

I remember a buddy of mine going out and getting Schlitz Malt Liquor tall boys when we were in HS.  Talk about bad.  That stuff was the worst. 

PBR was actually not bad back in the day long before my tastes eventually migrated more toward a good single malt.

Thank God for the craft brew movement.

Know why girls don't like to drink beer at the beach?

They hate getting sand in their Schlitz.
Looks Like I'm gonna have to change beers...... Probably go to Flying Dog

Craft beers and Microbreweries are the future in this country.  PBR was always a good cheap beer in college, but only when I.C. Light wasn't available.   :woot:

Quote:Craft beers and Microbreweries are the future in this country.  PBR was always a good cheap beer in college, but only when I.C. Light wasn't available.   :woot:

When you say craft beers and microbreweries, I think of pretentious, self important, hipster snobs.. Probably the same crowd who go to Starbucks every morning, drink their coffee and sit around pretending to write a novel on their Mac.. 
Quote:When you say craft beers and microbreweries, I think of pretentious, self important, hipster snobs.. Probably the same crowd who go to Starbucks every morning, drink their coffee and sit around pretending to write a novel on their Mac.. 

^^^ THIS ^^^
Quote:When you say craft beers and microbreweries, I think of pretentious, self important, hipster snobs.. Probably the same crowd who go to Starbucks every morning, drink their coffee and sit around pretending to write a novel on their Mac..

The local breweries have some great beers. No pretentiousness required.

When I see a statement like this, I think of mullet tops in a wife beater drinking keystone Light with bitter beer face.

Go to Aardwolf in San Marco sometime. You are pretty much spot on.
Quote:When I see a statement like this, I think of mullet tops in a wife beater drinking keystone Light with bitter beer face.

No kidding. Bold City. Intuition. Great places to try out a good beer. It's usually ones who know squat about the subject, don't drink it unless its Natty, that chime in. Comparing Starbucks to say, Bold City, Green Room, Goozlepipe and many more just shows that they should stick to the how to knit a sweater threads.
Quote:When I see a statement like this, I think of mullet tops in a wife beater drinking keystone Light with bitter beer face.

Uhoh. Looks like I offended one of them now..  How's that novel coming along?
Quote:No kidding. Bold City. Intuition. Great places to try out a good beer. It's usually ones who know squat about the subject, don't drink it unless its Natty, that chime in. Comparing Starbucks to say, Bold City, Green Room, Goozlepipe and many more just shows that they should stick to the how to knit a sweater threads.

You just shouldn't post.. It's unbecoming of you.. 

This is outrageous.  

I would never use a Mac.
Quote:Uhoh. Looks like I offended one of them now..  How's that novel coming along?

I bet you buy your steaks at Walmart.
Quote:I bet you buy your steaks at Walmart.

Sure do.. Everyone loves green meat..

Don't you and Ringo have a foxhole to go dig? Cause he just can't quit you..
Quote:Sure do.. Everyone loves green meat..

Don't you and Ringo have a foxhole to go dig? Cause he just can't quit you..

So have you conceded on piss beer versus tasty beer?
Well, I still have Sam Adams.

Quote:You just shouldn't post.. It's unbecoming of you..

Hit ignore. You step into a conversation about beer, just some guy talk, and try some smart quips. Finish munching on your green meat and carpet and we can finish our beer talk.

TMD in disguise is unbecoming of you. Find another thread. Be happy.
Nothing of value was lost.

Pages: 1 2