Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Josh Evans and JT Thomas Starting Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Josh Evans replaces Winston Guy and will start Sunday.

JT Thomas replaces Dekota Watson and LaRoy Reynolds at the OTTO position.

1010XL Says the coaches reasoning was that Dekota had mental errors and LaRoy was under-performing with missed tackles.
Evans im cool with.  The JT Thomas move is a ittle strange.

I thought Thomas was Posluszny's backup and if Watson does not start, Reynolds will. This is really surprising.

I don't know if Evans will be better than Guy, but it can't hurt to try something different.

you arent playing up to snuff, you dont start. dekota will eventually probably earn that spot back but right now theyre sending a message.

Never really thought that Guy fit the FS centerfield spot anyways. Guy should definitely be Cyp's backup.
Quote:You aren't playing up to snuff, you don't start. Dekoda will eventually probably earn that spot back but right now theyre sending a message.

That does not explain LaRoy Reynolds not starting.
The Jaguars argubaly have the worst (by a long shot) linebacking group in the league, it's so bad. I'm happy they're shaking things up because the play on the field has been unacceptable so far.

Quote:That does not explain LaRoy Reynolds not starting.

Reynolds is likely making too many mental errors or else they wouldn't have benched him.
Quote:The Jaguars argubaly have the worst (by a long shot) linebacking group in the league, it's so bad. I'm happy they're shaking things up because the play on the field has been unacceptable so far.

Posluszny is far from the worst middle linebacker. This is not a good year for him, but he has been our best linebacker since we signed him.
Quote:Posluszny is far from the worst middle linebacker. This is not a good year for him, but he has been our best linebacker since we signed him.

Why did you bring up Poz?
Quote:Evans im cool with.  The JT Thomas move is a ittle strange.

Honestly, I don't like Evans at FS. We really need a legit cover FS on this roster, as I think Cyp and Josh are both SS-types.

As for JT, he's never impressed me in any of the games he's played. He's just "a guy"...which I guess is an improvement if the "other guy" is running around missing assignments and missing tackles.
Quote:That does not explain LaRoy Reynolds not starting.

Leroy Reynolds was starting. He was benched for JT Thomas. The question you should be asking is why isn't Dekota Watson starting?
Lets go Evans. I like the move. Cyp and Josh E with the start.

Quote:Leroy Reynolds was starting. He was benched for JT Thomas. The question you should be asking is why isn't Dekota Watson starting?

According to some people here, Reynolds started because Watson was injured during preseason and later in the year the depth chart will be reversed.
Quote:According to some people here, Reynolds started because Watson was injured during preseason and later in the year the depth chart will be reversed.

It's later in the year now....

Quote:According to some people here, Reynolds started because Watson was injured during preseason and later in the year the depth chart will be reversed.

We're talking about what transpired today. Watson is healthy now.
Quote:We're talking about what transpired today. Watson is healthy now.

I am just saying why I am surprised Thomas will be the starter instead of Watson.
Josh Evans starting? Maybe we'll be treated to a game where a downed receiver's neck isn't targeted for once. I'm happy about that.

Quote:Josh Evans starting? Maybe we'll be treated to a game where a downed receiver's neck isn't targeted for once. I'm happy about that.

He'll just get a taunting penalty instead.  :teehee:  (and then allow a touchdown on the next play) 

Cool... so instead of giving up 44 points this Sunday... we'll give up about 35......

Pages: 1 2