Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ok Frangie or Sexton on radio call?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Call me an old Jaguar fan but I kind of miss Sexton on the Radio. I listen to Frangie everyday but I grew up listening to Brian so

I'm kind of a homer. Brian had some funny homer calls too especially the Hail Mary call 

Sexton. Not great IMHO but better than Frangie. Frangie has gotten marginally better as he's stopped trying to manufacture excitement, but he's error prone and doesn't seem cut out for it.
Miss Marco.

Frangie is terrible. Miss Sexton TBH
I like Frangie on the on 92.5 but Brian Sexton was great. 

Sexton was boring no life he was never the VOICE as he puts it. He's best suited behind the scenes. :mellow: 

I haven't listened to Frangie's play by play much (and I didn't listen to Sexton's much either).

In what I have heard of Frangie, I do not detect the lisp that some have attributed to him.

However, in moments of excitement (no matter how few and far between they have been for this team), his diction turns to garble.

Still getting used to him...but right now I'd take Sexton.

Frangie is awful.

I do not think Sexton was great but so much better than Frangie.

And to agree with those above. When he gets excited, it's embarassingly terrible.

I delivered pizzas through college and would listen to Sexton call the games every Sunday. He has a clear distinct voice and always gave me the pertinent information I needed to envision the game and what was happening in real time.  I've tried to listen to the muddled mess that is Frangie and can only imagine what people are going through w/o a TV to accompany him.

I haven't listened to Frangie other then the clips they play on 1010xl.  I must admit those clips are very revealing because I honestly have no idea what the dude is saying when he gets all excited over a touchdown.  I'm not certain if he hyperventilates or if his verbiage is just quicker that what his brain is processing. 

Frangie's excitement just seems forced.

No contest! Football knowledge and delivery to FF.
Speaking of radio talent....I love Fred as a great back but............
I like nothing about Frangie

Quote:No contest! Football knowledge and delivery to FF.

[Image: 475840.gif]
Quote:[Image: 475840.gif]

Hey Bill, shake your head if you got tired of hearing "pressure coming" on every single pass play that took place in every single game that sexton called.
I think dobie hit the nail on the head.  Sexton, whether you like him or not, had a very clear voice.  I think the search needs to continue ...

It would be like if you said you didn't want to eat lunch every day at Chili's. And instead you ended up having to eat at McDonald's every day.

You'd start to miss Chili's.

PLEASE bring back Sexton!!!

Let's see choosing between a Steeler fan who sounds like his mouth is stuffed with cotton balls or an over-excited Jags homer. I'll take the latter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5