Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Bortles were to start Sunday, what is his stat line?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm a huge Bortles fan but i'm worried he isn't gonna meet the rabid expectation of the Boner for Bortles Brigade on here.  He's a rookie and he will struggle some when he gets his chance.  I'm dreading this board when that happens.  If he were thrown in this weekend, i feel it would be bad.  So what's his stat line?  And for giggles, throw Henne's out there too.

Henne: 21 - 37, 191 yards, 1 td 1 int, 3 sacks

Bortles: 24 - 37, 216 yards, 2 tds, 3 int, 2 sacks

Jags lose under both scenarios.  Hopefully no injuries.  No point in starting Bortles at this time IMO.

If Cecil Shorts played extensively and Bortles started, I could see Bortles going for 200+ yards and Cecil getting a TD or two. I only think his yardage would be that low because of Hurns, Lewis, and Lee being out.

Gerhart would suddenly find more running room, too.

The Jaguars could have a real shot at winning.

Quote:I'm a huge Bortles fan but i'm worried he isn't gonna meet the rabid expectation of the Boner for Bortles Brigade on here. He's a rookie and he will struggle some when he gets his chance. I'm dreading this board when that happens. If he were thrown in this weekend, i feel it would be bad. So what's his stat line? And for giggles, throw Henne's out there too.

Henne: 21 - 37, 191 yards, 1 td 1 int, 3 sacks

Bortles: 24 - 37, 216 yards, 2 tds, 3 int, 2 sacks

Jags lose under both scenarios. Hopefully no injuries. No point in starting Bortles at this time IMO.

I don't think he'd throw more INTs than Henne. I'd say

26-40 260 yards 2tds 1int 1 sack
Quote:If Cecil Shorts played extensively and Bortles started, I could see Bortles going for 200+ yards and Cecil getting a TD or two. I only think his yardage would be that low because of Hurns, Lewis, and Lee being out.

Gerhart would suddenly find more running room, too.

The Jaguars could have a real shot at winning.
Just FYI  - Hurns is unofficially listed as probable.  (O'Halloran tweet and rotoworld reporting)
Quote:I don't think he'd throw more INTs than Henne. I'd say

If he could do that, I think we'd be looking pretty good. I have major doubts on the sacks though.
Henne 6 - 24 for 24 yds. left in the 3rd qtr. Hand contusion.

Hmmmm.  Interesting to predict Bortles stats.  

Total shot in the dark,  but -

vs. Colts I could see Bortles going  21- 38  - 195yds   - 1 TD  - 1 INT  - 2 Sacks  - 45 yds rushing.

Quote:If he could do that, I think we'd be looking pretty good. I have major doubts on the sacks though.

A little optimistic but he's done nothing but exceed any expectation I've had for him so far, so why not?
Quote:Just FYI  - Hurns is unofficially listed as probable.  (O'Halloran tweet and rotoworld reporting)
Yeah, they were going to let he and Shorts practice today and see if either or both might be good to go on Sunday.
Quote:Yeah, they were going to let he and Shorts practice today and see if either or both might be good to go on Sunday.

Would be such a relief if at least one plays.
Quote:Just FYI  - Hurns is unofficially listed as probable.  (O'Halloran tweet and rotoworld reporting)

I wouldn't expect him to be as effective as normal, but still, it would be good news if he's healthy enough to go at all.
Quote:I don't think he'd throw more INTs than Henne. I'd say

Henne has been uncharacteristically good regarding the bone-headed interceptions this year.  I know i'm gonna regret typing that, feel free to refer back to this comment Monday, LOL.
Henne - 16 / 32 198 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Bortles - 20 / 32 240 yards 2 TD 2 INT

So from what i'm seeing, we'd mostly expect a slightly more productive offense, and maybe more mistake prone.  Certaintly nothing earth shattering so what's all the fuss about?  I hope the line and receivers get it together and we see Bortles i about a month.  If not, see you next year B!

Quote:A little optimistic but he's done nothing but exceed any expectation I've had for him so far, so why not?

I didn't disagree on the passing stats! 
Quote:So from what i'm seeing, we'd mostly expect a slightly more productive offense, and maybe more mistake prone.  Certaintly nothing earth shattering so what's all the fuss about?  I hope the line and receivers get it together and we see Bortles i about a month.  If not, see you next year B!

We'd see a lot less three and outs.  And Bortles would get the experience he's going to need.  Waiting until next year to start Bortles, means waiting until 2016 for him to have the experience to overcome the mistakes that will happen whether he starts now, or later.
22 of 33 for 250 Yds 2 TDs 0 Ints 93.7 QBR 109.4 Rat
Also you seem to be ignoring more efficient offense would also lead to more scoring, not just TD's, but FG's as well.

Quote:22 of 33 for 250 Yds 2 TDs 0 Ints 93.7 QBR 109.4 Rat
this looks about right
I think this team has a good chance to win the game if Bortles had been named the starter this week.

I still think the team has a chance with Henne but it's a slim one.

Pages: 1 2 3