Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Props to Caldwell/Bradley cutting bradfield. Huge wake up call to the team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Considering our depth on the O-line, Caldwell still cut Bradfield and I think it was because he wanted to send notice. You repeatedly play like crap, You aren't going to be here long. 

While Im usually not a fan of statement cuts, I think this one was warranted. Fans needed to see drastic change and the team needs a small healthy dose of fear for their jobs.
I too feel that Caldwell and Bradley is messaging the team...

Play to our Standards or you won't play for our team. Enough Said...

Get It, Got It, Good...

NH3...
I couldn't believe they kept him after last season...

Quote:Considering our depth on the O-line, Caldwell still cut Bradfield and I think it was because he wanted to send notice. You repeatedly play like crap, You aren't going to be here long. 

While Im usually not a fan of statement cuts, I think this one was warranted. Fans needed to see drastic change and the team needs a small healthy dose of fear for their jobs.

Apparently that wasn't the case.
Quote:Considering our depth on the O-line, Caldwell still cut Bradfield and I think it was because he wanted to send notice. You repeatedly play like crap, You aren't going to be here long. 

Cameron Bradfield was not cut "to make a statement." He was not playing well and if you don't play well, you get cut. Simple as that. But it probably did send a statement to the other linemen.
Quote:I couldn't believe they kept him after last season...

Remember last season he had to play on the left side.
Quote:He was not playing well and if you don't play well, you get cut.
That sounds like a pretty strong statement right there.
Quote:Cameron Bradfield was not cut "to make a statement." He was not playing well and if you don't play well, you get cut. Simple as that. But it probably did send a statement to the other linemen.

True, it was not an obvious statement.  But the consequence of cutting a player that is playing poorly sends a non-verbal message to the team.  

However, I'm with you, it's not like it's a statement that ALL players are not aware of.  Every player knows that if you play poorly and cannot hack it, you'll get cut.  
Who's next? A QB with a prior year QBR of 76.5 and a current one of 81.8? Not sure what signal is being sent, other than we want a top 3 draft pick - again.

I thought it was a good move.  Probably him and Henne accounted for 80% of the sacks last week.

Best part is if, *knock on wood* something happens to Luke, then we'll have three rookies playing in our offensive line!!! More reason not to play Bortles!!! Everyone rejoice!!!

Quote:Cameron Bradfield was not cut "to make a statement." He was not playing well and if you don't play well, you get cut. Simple as that. But it probably did send a statement to the other linemen.

So you had a discussion with Caldwell and he said it wasn't a statement? Good to know.
Let's just hope they don't follow through and cut everyone who is performing badly...we wouldn't have much of a team.