Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Props to Caldwell/Bradley cutting bradfield. Huge wake up call to the team

Considering our depth on the O-line, Caldwell still cut Bradfield and I think it was because he wanted to send notice. You repeatedly play like crap, You aren't going to be here long. 

While Im usually not a fan of statement cuts, I think this one was warranted. Fans needed to see drastic change and the team needs a small healthy dose of fear for their jobs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I too feel that Caldwell and Bradley is messaging the team...

Play to our Standards or you won't play for our team. Enough Said...

Get It, Got It, Good...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I couldn't believe they kept him after last season...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:Considering our depth on the O-line, Caldwell still cut Bradfield and I think it was because he wanted to send notice. You repeatedly play like crap, You aren't going to be here long. 

While Im usually not a fan of statement cuts, I think this one was warranted. Fans needed to see drastic change and the team needs a small healthy dose of fear for their jobs.

Apparently that wasn't the case.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Considering our depth on the O-line, Caldwell still cut Bradfield and I think it was because he wanted to send notice. You repeatedly play like crap, You aren't going to be here long. 

Cameron Bradfield was not cut "to make a statement." He was not playing well and if you don't play well, you get cut. Simple as that. But it probably did send a statement to the other linemen.

Quote:I couldn't believe they kept him after last season...

Remember last season he had to play on the left side.

Quote:He was not playing well and if you don't play well, you get cut.
That sounds like a pretty strong statement right there.

Quote:Cameron Bradfield was not cut "to make a statement." He was not playing well and if you don't play well, you get cut. Simple as that. But it probably did send a statement to the other linemen.

True, it was not an obvious statement.  But the consequence of cutting a player that is playing poorly sends a non-verbal message to the team.  

However, I'm with you, it's not like it's a statement that ALL players are not aware of.  Every player knows that if you play poorly and cannot hack it, you'll get cut.  

Who's next? A QB with a prior year QBR of 76.5 and a current one of 81.8? Not sure what signal is being sent, other than we want a top 3 draft pick - again.

I thought it was a good move.  Probably him and Henne accounted for 80% of the sacks last week.

Best part is if, *knock on wood* something happens to Luke, then we'll have three rookies playing in our offensive line!!! More reason not to play Bortles!!! Everyone rejoice!!!

Quote:Cameron Bradfield was not cut "to make a statement." He was not playing well and if you don't play well, you get cut. Simple as that. But it probably did send a statement to the other linemen.

So you had a discussion with Caldwell and he said it wasn't a statement? Good to know.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Let's just hope they don't follow through and cut everyone who is performing badly...we wouldn't have much of a team.

One of these years.............