Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Record 95,102,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Number Grew 18% Since Obama Took Office in 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Record 95,102,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Number Grew 18% Since Obama Took Office in 2009

Barack Obama's presidency began with a record number of Americans not in the labor force, and it's ending the same way.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susa...ook-office

The scary thing is some people would gladly take another 8 years of him because he is nice and his wife participates in the mannequin challenge.

Does this include retired people and children?  

Quote:Does this include retired people and children?  
No.
Quote:No.

Directly from the article: 

"People over age 16 who are no longer working or even looking for work, for whatever reason (retirement, school, personal preference, or gave up), are counted as not participating in the labor force."

So, according to that article at least, it does include retired people.  It also includes full time students.  

Actually, the article could be titled "Record Number of People Employed."  It all depends on how you want to spin it. 

I know many that are actually forced to retire early in favor of a young, cheaper labor force.  It's easier to hire a 24 year old that knows nothing, but gets paid half.

Either way, you only have to look at the number of people on social services to prove the point.

That number doesn't bother me. The more and more I work, the more I'm surprised at the people that have jobs. 

It came from cns news. It must be accurate.
The question is, will Obama file for unemployment when he leaves office?

Quote:It came from cns news. It must be accurate.

Better stick with CNN then, where Hillary will be sworn in on the 20th.. Trump better cancel the fireworks

hahahahaha
Where are these jobs supposed to come from? What industry? Why don't the 9,510,2000 apply to Carrier since they decided to keep their 800 jobs here.

Quote:Where are these jobs supposed to come from? What industry? Why don't the 9,510,2000 apply to Carrier since they decided to keep their 800 jobs here.

Perhaps from the industries and small businesses that aren't over taxed and over regulated... oh wait...
Definition of his legacy.

Quote:Where are these jobs supposed to come from? What industry? Why don't the 9,510,2000 apply to Carrier since they decided to keep their 800 jobs here.

Tucking tail and declaring "those jobs aren't coming back" while doing absolutely nothing to create jobs isn't an economic policy that does good for the nation you're supposed to be responsible to.
Quote:Directly from the article: 

"People over age 16 who are no longer working or even looking for work, for whatever reason (retirement, school, personal preference, or gave up), are counted as not participating in the labor force."

So, according to that article at least, it does include retired people.  It also includes full time students.  

Actually, the article could be titled "Record Number of People Employed."  It all depends on how you want to spin it. 

C'mon now. You know FBT will say anything to protect his boy. Because he knows in six months Donnie will be claiming credit for this very same economy.
You can have your large TNCs back.
Quote:Tucking tail and declaring "those jobs aren't coming back" while doing absolutely nothing to create jobs isn't an economic policy that does good for the nation you're supposed to be responsible to.
Pretty sure Obama wanted a massive jobs bill to do infrastructure projects and it got shot down. I wonder why...

www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/03/25/478B-Infrastructure-Bill-Blocked-Senate-GOP%3Famp?client=safari